Home » Literary works » Poetry » Dramatic

12+

Never Forget

by hermione2001

American Airlines Flight 11

Departure 7:59 AM EST

United Airlines Flight 175

Departure 8:14 AM EST

American Airlines Flight 77

Departure 8:20 AM EST

United Airlines Flight 93

Departure 8:42 AM EST

8:49 AM EST

9:06 AM EST

9:59 AM EST

10:26 AM EST

Shock

Horror

Grief

Disbelief

2,996 lives

343 Firefighters

60 Police officers

8 EMTS

8 children

1 unborn baby

2 Towers

A Pentagon

A field in Pennsylvania

A world forever changed

An event never forgotten

9/11/01

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:07 pm
Anniepoo103 wrote a review...

Wow, I really enjoyed reading this poem. And how approperate to post it... I appreciated the simplistic style that you used. Everyone was shocked......I do have a few suggestions for you. Instead of saying " A Pentagon" I would say The Pentagon. Just because that feels more natural and it clicks with the reader in a more natural way. I would also put Horror before shock, but that is more of a preferance thing...

Well done,
Anne

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am
HannaLynn wrote a review...

I Really like this poem, however the part in the beginning is a bit confusing to me. I understand all of it, it just sounds awkward when you read it aloud. Also I believe that in the middle putting disbelief before grief would sound better. Since the people there were left in disbelief when it happened and left with grief for the rest of their life. Anywho, I like the simplicity of the poem, the fact that you haven't tried to add adjectives or try to make it woedy really adds to the point of the somber-ness of this tragic day. Over all very well done I like it.

To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.
— Allen Ginsberg