i love you so much you don't even know

by herbalhour

Stickied -- Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:33 pm
herbalhour says...

have a late animated valentines poem!

EllieMae wrote a review...

Time for a Black Cat Review!!

MEOW! Hello, friend! My name is Ellie and today I will be reviewing using my very own Black Cat Review Method! It is very similar to the incredible YWS S'more Method but I have Halloween-ified it and made it spooky! My little black cat friend, Vladimir, wants to offer his opinion on your amazing literary piece:

Mystical Witch Hat - What I See, Observe, and Interpret

Herbie! I had to review this, I always love what you write so much. I love the formatting of this so much. I think your animation is beautiful. I love how you played around with moving text and using different fonts and colours.

I love the statement of “our love will inexorably, inevitably end”! It is so beautiful. As always your use of words is incredible and I feel like I learn a new term every time I read (or watch) your poetry.

I enjoyed seeing some phrases in brackets too. The rounding of the characters and variations of font really allowed me to almost get a 4D experience.

Vladimir’s Advice - Suggestions for Improvement

One suggestion that I would like to offer, as you move forward with creating these beautiful visual poems, is to include the lyrics or words. Maybe in the comment section or under the post. It is really helpful for me to be able to watch the beautiful video, and then reread the words afterwards, that way I can more closely analyze one sentence without having to watch the whole thing again. Besides that, this was lovely, Herb!

Maybe moving forward you could even make it a video and add music?

Jack O’Lanterns - My Favourite Parts and Praises

Visual poetry is so engaging. I love the statement you made about being broken in body and mind. It gives me a sense of fullness, but in a sad way. Sometimes I think we need to feel deep emotions in order to be complete, and this poem captured that feeling for me.

Black Cat Cuddles - Concluding Ideas and Thoughts

Thanks for the awesome visual, Herb!

Your friend,
Ellie

I hope you have a spook-tastical day, filled with black cat mischief!

Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:34 am
farq4d says...

oh my god this is so cool im obsessed

Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:31 am
SofieR wrote a review...

Hey there, Sofie here with a review -

I really love how simple this poem is. The animation as well, adds so much to it.  On the following lines;

"Perhaps this is my punishment
For loving a God"

That was a really punching line, I really enjoyed it. And on this line

"My heart will flicker on and off
as you crush it with your hands"

That was some great use of imagery - the liking of ones heart to a light or a flame. Really really nice!

Good job, I hope to read more from you soon!

-Sofie

yosh says...

super cool!! the animation is really fitting and simple

also i did not know you could post animations as literary works lmao

I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts.
— Orson Welles