Hecate's Plan: prologue

by fallenoutofgrace

A/N Rough draft has not been edited yet, first fanfiction ever so siked.

Olympus, present time, 2015

The throne room rumbled as the gods embarked on a lengthy argument of what will become of the manner at hand. Zeus eyes stared down at the others engulfed in electric rage. “ Why would we help the wizarding world? Did we not just finish the Giant war of our own.” he demanded.

Poseidon looked at his brother in annoyance, his head always were engulfed in the clouds of himself. “ Yes brother, but if we do not help out then there war will become ours. We need to help before it becomes more powerful. Word is Kronos may join forces.” Just using the name of the titan's lord sent shivers down the backs of the gods. It has been four years since he was defeated again.

Zeus looked “ It's only rumors it would be impossible for our father to rise again. We do not need to busy are self with a mere rumor.” he stated.

Poseidon growled growing annoyed with his brothers pig headed nature. “ We need to strike, not lay on the side lines.” he said

Areas laughed “ For once I'm with the salt for brains” he said before going back to polishing his electric spear absently

Hades looked bored at the bickering of his brothers, these meetings always bored him where his time could be better spent re-establishing the underworld, it was still thrown off track by the cursive giants war. “ Can you two end your bickering, were getting no where. Like always” he stated. His attention drawn to the hooded figure that has appeared.

The hooded figure walked until she was in the center of the thrones, “ Greetings I have come to you with a plan.” she stated lifting up the veil to show her true nature, Hecate.

“ Since its quite obvious you will not help my children of magic without seeing your interest at heart allow me to explain this to you. In my wizard world there is a wizard whom it disappoints me to see him turn but nevertheless he will take his revenge on the boy Harry potter. This boy will help prevent what will become the downfall to everything we know. Why is this? Because this wizard will be powerful enough to even turn a God mad, turn demigods against one another, even touchure them in an art even you areas have never encounter.

Zeus looked his teeth grounding down to dust by frustration, “ And this plan” he asked.

Hecate smiled knowing she had just won, “ Quite simple I will send a demigod to Hogwarts, that demigod will join with a boy named Harry Potter and aid him in the defeat of Voldemort. Now this child will need to be from the Big three to have the power to help. Lord hades, I believe your kin will be perfect for this mission." she stated 

Hades looked down at Hecate as if she had grown an extra pair of arms, “ You want me to give you one of my kids, They've already had messed up childhoods with all these damn wars, now you want them to be thrown back into it” he asked mixed with sadness and rage.  " Can I at least help them?" he asked 

Hecate shook her head “ It would tip off Voldemort of our aid. But, if you must I will set a charm on the demigod so their dreams are protected but only for their first term. That will be the end of your involvement indefinitely, and I'm sorry I don't recall you actually caring for your children” she said

Hades stared at the forsaken ground “ For how long” he asked.

"From now until Voldemort is slain, approximately 18 years, if it means anything I will bless them with magic to aid in their fitting in” she stated.

Hades growled “ That's there whole childhood gone” he said.

Hecate nodded growing impatience, “ Yes I'm quite aware of that, but its the only way. Now will you let us all rot in the depths of Tartarus?” she asked.

Hades dipped his head in submission, “ Very well, My daughter Skye will be suited for the task at hand. When will you send her in?” he asked.

Hecate smiled, “ Right away” she said disappearing in a puff of smoke, leaving the gods once again bickering over something completely different.

************************

Hecate smiled as she saw a sleeping form in the camp bounds. " I bless this child with the gift of magic may her excel." she whispered before moving her hand over the lulling figure of Skye, her hands swirling above in a black mist, before setting the mist on top Skye.

This is the only way young hero. Time to meet your greatest quest.

Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:45 am
JohnLocke1 wrote a review...

Hello, my friend.

First, a combination of Greek mythology and Harry Potter? It is only my dream come true! And I apologize for reviewing this work. I saw your other chapter in the Green Room, and I simply cannot read out of order. That would be a sin. Therefore, I must start at the beginning.

Second, some grammatical things:

It has been four years since he was defeated again.

You have been using the past tense, but then you switch to the present tense here. It should be, "It had been four years..."

“ It's only rumors it would be impossible for our father to rise again. We do not need to busy are self with a mere rumor.”

These two sentences are a bit messy grammatically. The first sentences needs to be divided into two independent clauses. Though they are related, they do not flow together without the aid of additional punctuation. Perhaps, "It's only rumors; it would be impossible for our father to rise again." As well, the second sentence has a misspelling, "We do not need to busy ourselves with a mere rumor."

Hades looked bored at the bickering of his brothers, these meetings always bored him where his time could be better spent re-establishing the underworld, it was still thrown off track by the cursive giants war.

This is a threefold comma splice, or the separation of independent clauses with a comma. Try, "Hades looked bored at the bickering of his brothers. These meetings always bored him, when his time could be better spent re-establishing the underworld. It was still thrown off track by the cursed Giants' War." I changed a few things that I would have suggested as stylistic suggestions.

“ Can you two end your bickering, were getting no where. Like always” he stated. His attention drawn to the hooded figure that has appeared.

There are a few grammatical errors here. "Can you two end your bickering? We're getting nowhere . Like always," he stated , his attention drawn to the hooded figure that had appeared." Your sentences can be a little sloppy. Make sure to pay attention to little things, like spelling and grammar, not just plot.

Because this wizard will be powerful enough to even turn a God mad, turn demigods against one another, even touchure them in an art even you areas have never encounter.

"Touchure"? Do you mean torture?

“ You want me to give you one of my kids, They've already had messed up childhoods with all these damn wars, now you want them to be thrown back into it” he asked mixed with sadness and rage.

A comma splice. Try, "You want me o give you one of my kids?" As well, you need to end sentences, that are questions, in a question mark.

“ That's there whole childhood gone” he said.

A bit of a misspelling here, "That's their whole childhood gone..."

" I bless this child with the gift of magic may her excel."

These are two separate thoughts jammed into one sentence without punctuation. Perhaps, "I bless this child with the gift of magic. May her excel."

In regards to grammar, there are several glaring errors in your writing. I would suggest going back over this and fixing all of the little things. For example, the quoting that you do is jumbled and inconsistent. I would look into it.

Third, some stylistic suggestions:

The throne room rumbled as the gods embarked on a lengthy argument of what will become of the manner at hand.

The word "will" does not belong here. Instead, try, "... argument of what would become..." Make sure that you keep your tenses straight.

Zeus eyes stared down at the others engulfed in electric rage.

The face that Zeus is staring down at the other gods is not as important as the fact that he s enraged. Try, "Zeus, engulfed in an electric rage, stared..."

“ Why would we help the wizarding world? Did we not just finish the Giant war of our own.”

Is it a big war, or was it a war against Giants? That wasn't entirely clear. As well, since this is a question, it should end in a question mark.

Poseidon looked at his brother in annoyance, his head always were engulfed in the clouds of himself.

"His head always were..."? That doesn't make any sense. Do you mean, "His head was always..." Also, what do you mean by "the clouds of himself"? That confused me.

...he said before going back to polishing his electric spear absently

This may not be a stylistic suggestion, but why does Ares have an electric spear? Zeus was always greedy with his power, and I doubt he would risk giving Ares the power of lightning.

I could continue, but I feel as though the reviews below me have covered most everything. I am a bit late to the party, as it were.

Fourth, your characters:

I didn't understand how powerful these gods were, or if they were following mainstream mythology. They couldn't tell that it was Hecate? A cloak protects her from Zeus's omnipotence? Why does Ares have electricity? It confused me.

Fifth, your plot:

As interesting as the concept is, you need to allow that interest to come into the prologue. This was rather boring, but I know that it doesn't have to be! You are clearly a talent writer. Spend more time in this scene with the little things. Where are the other gods? How does each character feel, besides just anger? Spend more time with Hecate, and teasing the reader with her motives.

Overall, an interesting story. I can't wait to read the next installment. If you would like me to go over this in more detail, I would be more than willing. Keep me posted. Happy Writing!

Thanks but I'm curious because its like a war with people of yes and no. Can you use two tense in a story, like "he looked over seeing emily" can you do that or no. Because I'm so confused now.

JohnLocke1 says...

When you write a war, you usually capitalize the "war" part if you are referring to a specific war, such as the Civil War or the War of Spanish Succession. You wrote: "... Giant war," which could either mean that it was a big war and you mistakenly capitalized "giant," or, it was a war with Giants that is referred to as the "Giant War."

By saying, "It has been four years since he was defeated," it implies that the characters are speaking about the incident in the present. However, the story is written in the past tense. It is best to keep one tense, unless you are using flash backs.

Gotcha that makes a lot more sense thanks

Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:05 pm
erilea wrote a review...

Heya, fallenoutofgrace! Wisegirl22 here to review your work! Haha, what captured me was the title. When I was browsing the home page, I saw this on featured works, read the title, and immediately clicked on it to read.

So, let's dive into this pool of awesome Greek mythology. First of all, since these eyes are in the possession of Zeus's, there should be an apostrophe and an s after "Zeus". And I got a little bit confused with the "electric rage" part. Was it the others who were engulfed, or Zeus? I get the feeling it's Zeus, so to make that clear, put a comma after "others".

"Zeus eyes stared down at the others engulfed in electric rage."

In this sentence, "were" should be "was". And, after you change that, switch the placing of "always" and "was". That way, it makes more sense. Although you have some things to fix, the clouds thing was extremely creative, I like it.

"Poseidon looked at his brother in annoyance, his head always were engulfed in the clouds of himself."

A slight misspelling of "their". It's a common misconception.

"Yes brother, but if we do not help out then there war will become ours."

The first sentence I pasted here is run-on. Put a period after "rumors". And, instead of "are self", use "ourselves". I like the plot so far! Harry Potter-Percy Jackson twist.

"It's only rumors it would be impossible for our father to rise again. We do not need to busy are self with a mere rumor."

Here, you have misspelled "Ares". And I also do not know what you mean by "with the salt for brains". Oh, you need a period after "laughed" and "absently". Then, when we go to Hades, "underworld" should be capitalized. I also suggest using better words than "thrown off track" because that reminds me of a person who forgets which page they were on of a book. Maybe, "ruined", or something. And, I don't think you mean "cursive"-maybe "cursed"?

"Areas laughed “ For once I'm with the salt for brains” he said before going back to polishing his electric spear absently

Hades looked bored at the bickering of his brothers, these meetings always bored him where his time could be better spent re-establishing the underworld, it was still thrown off track by the cursive giants war."

First of all, "we're" is spelled wrong, you forgot the apostrophe. And, you need a comma or a period after "always". Then, you need to fix up your other sentence. It should be something like, "Suddenly, his attention was drawn to the hooded figure that had appeared."

"Can you two end your bickering, were getting no where. Like always” he stated. His attention drawn to the hooded figure that has appeared."

Oooh, cliffhanger at the end! I saw some further nitpicks, but you can just read over this work and fix them off of what I said here. I really enjoyed reading this, this plot was simply AMAZING. I really liked it. Hades's child finally gets noticed, that's good. Good work on this chapter-you MUST finish this.

-wisegirl22

Thank you for the review.as for ares his name is spelled correctly and the salt for brains remark is based off the book series how they create named based on the gods. Posiden is ocean, the sea. The sea has salt. Hope that cleared things up. Once again your review was quite helpful. Have a happy holiday :)

erilea says...

Thank you, fallenoutofgrace. However, Ares, not Areas. You typed it as Areas in your chapter.

Thanks, I must apologize I thought I changed the ares typo yesterday and I misunderstood your review. You are correct

erilea says...

Yay! I love being correct! :D

And modest to lol

Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:45 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Waiit. Is this-- *full jaw drop*

WOOT! PERCY JACKSON, HARRY POTTER, AND (if I'm not mistaken) MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD?!? *blinks* Um. Sorry bout that. But YAY! You must FINISH IT!!

Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:42 am
chrisevo98 wrote a review...

This is really well written, and I your style of writing is really easy to read.
Your spelling is fine as far as I can tell.
There are a few grammatical errors, for example when starting dialogue don't leave a space between the speech mark and the first word (eg. " It's..." should be, "It's...")
When Zeus says, "It's only rumors it would be impossible..." you should put a comma after rumors. There are a couple of instances where you should consider splitting up sentences, I suggest go through your work.
Also when ending dialogue put a comma at the end if following it is the person saying it and how they say it (eg. "... gone" says so-and-so, should be, "... gone," says so-and-so)
You should probably use had instead of has in, "His attention drawn to the hooded figure that has appeared."
When you use the word 'touchure' do you mean tutor or teach.
'“ And this plan” he asked.' use a question mark.
'art even you areas have never encounter.' consider making this, 'art even your areas have encountered.' unless you are talking about Ares, then keep the 'you' instead of 'your'.
And this paragraph you should end with speech marks, it is all dialogue but it doesn't end.
Other than these few nitpicks I have no problem with the dialogue itself, or anything else really.
Well done.

Thanks for the help :)

Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:00 pm
ScarletDreams14 wrote a review...

OMFG, YUSSSS I'm going to review the hell out of this! *squeals*

Okay okay, first off nitpicks.

No serious spelling issues but one thing...

Areas laughed

It absolutely ticks my clock whenever someone spells Lord Ares's name like that. It's like your trying to say Area but Areas like multiple locations. Instead of saying Areas please say Ares.

other than that I have no other further nitpicks, I am perfectly happy the way it is. I am sooo happy someone mashed the two series together I went full fangirling mode when I saw this. I was feeling lazy and I didn't want to-do anymore reviews but I saw this and I had too.

What I really like is how you portray the Gods personalities especially Hades, I love how he's concerned for his offsprings childhood, it's not how most would expect him to react but it shows everyone a different side to the character itself.

As for Zeus, I've never liked that idiot so it would make sense for him to act as he is now. You portrayed his personally well, and also Ares has the perfect attitude which fits along with his personality in the books.

Great Job, keep writing and for gods sake WRITE MORE! Make this into a series pleaseeeeee......

10/10 IT'S AMAZINNNNGZZZZZ

Awesome Thank you! You rock!

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:40 pm
ScarletDreams14 says...

*Screeches like a crazed fangirl* OMG YUSSSSSS

*screeches back* lol

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:36 pm
Dutiful wrote a review...

Omg Harry Potter and Percy Jackson?! *Fangirls*

Hi there!

I'm here to review your faaabulous work!

And fabulous it is! This is such an awesome idea. So awesome that I cannot even begin to describe how awesome it is! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and an ven bigger Percy Jackson fan. To combine both?

Ingenious.

I really enjoyed readin this! A very refreshing read, that's for sure!

Now on to nitpicking:

I see the people below me have already done a good job at pointing out the errors, so I'm not going to go further and say the same things.

However, I'd just like to say the general advice that I normally put out in most of my reviews :)

Always proof-read your work at least twice before posting it as it would really help you to identify the small and unnecessary errors that we usually tend to make while typimg it out. And remember, you are your best critic! If anything, you can beat ypurself up like crazy over the silly mistakes you make and not feel all that fazed by it (:

Remember to bear the tense in mind while writing because a messed up tense can make even the best works look awfully shabby.

And lastly, punctuation. I noticed that you seemed to stutter a bit with punctuations. Its quite alright. All that you need is a lot of exposure to various types of prose and practice in writing :)

Moving on to the story itself:

This is so original! And im loving every single word! This story shows a lot of promise and I can tell your sense of humor is juuust in the right amounts to amke it a success. I hope you write more soon!

Amazing!

That's all for my review!

Thanks I love when y'all help with errors you see cause ou re-read and can fix it quickly :) happy holidays

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:45 pm
RedWritingHood wrote a review...

Awesome concept but a few grammar errors. You seem a little confused on the tense; you switch between past and present. Other than that, it's awesome. Here's some of the tense corrections.

In the very first sentence you say, "of what will become", but everything else is past tense so it should be "of what would become".
In the second paragraph, the first sentence, "his head always were engulfed" should be "his head always was engulfed" or "his head had always been engulfed". The last sentence "It has been" should be "It had been"
And "looked his teeth grounding down to dust" should be "looked, his teeth ground down to dust" or "looked, his teeth grinding down to dust".

Besides the technical errors the story is really great. I think the combination of Harry Potter and Demigod sounds really interesting. :)

Thanks, but I'm asking because I honestly want to know can you use different tense in a story like," he jumped, moving" or no? Honestly curious. Other than that thanks it jhelps me a lot.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right, but in that particular context you can. Such as, in a past tense story, you can say "He jumped, moving quickly between the buildings." It's something about -ing endings that I can't remember the rule. Hope that helps :)

Sure dose thanks :)

Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:13 pm
BookWolf wrote a review...

Hello, BookWolf here for a review! :D This was a very interesting story and I would LOVE to read more. :D Please tell me when you continue this.

First off, there shouldn't be a space between speech quotations and talking, you do that every time, which leads be to believe that it's not a typo. But here are the other corrections;

Did we not just finish the Giant war of our own.” he demanded. (There should be a comma instead of a period after speech)

but if we do not help out then there war will become ours. ('There' should be 'their')

Zeus looked (Zeus looked what? Did you mean stared?)

It's only rumors it would be impossible for our father to rise again. (There should be a comma after 'rumors')

We do not need to busy are self with a mere rumor.” he stated. (There should be a comma instead of a period after speech)

Poseidon growled growing annoyed with his brothers pig headed nature. (There should be a comma after 'growled')

For once I'm with the salt for brains” he said before going back to polishing his electric spear absently (You forgot the punctuation after speech and after the sentence. There should also be a comma after 'said')

Hades looked bored at the bickering of his brothers, these meetings always bored him where his time could be better spent re-establishing the underworld, it was still thrown off track by the cursive giants war. “ Can you two end your bickering, were getting no where. Like always” he stated. His attention drawn to the hooded figure that has appeared. (This should look like this, Hades looked on with boredom at the bickering of his brothers. Their meetings always bored him, especially when his time could be better spent reestablishing the underworld; it was still virtually ruined by the giants' war.)

Greetings I have come to you with a plan.” she stated lifting up the veil to show her true nature, Hecate. (This should be, Greetings, I have come to you with a plan," she stared, lifting up the veil to show her true nature; Hecate.)

There are more mistakes like these, but I think you get the idea. :D And like you said right in the beginning, this is a rough draft, so I expected typos.

I have to say it again, I LOVE this! :D I think that you have a great idea going on here and I want you to write more. I definitely think you should work on this chapter first, though; make it longer, give more descriptions, describe how the main character is feeling. But just this I found interesting, so I can only imagine how awesome this would be if you edited this and added more.

Awesome work! :D Remember, tell me if you do anything with this story, I want updates. :P

~BookWolf

Thanks this helps a lot axpecially with the quotations. Thanks again for taking the time it means alot

BookWolf says...

You're welcome! :D

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom