Is different really that bad,or is it just different

by catcha01

I know I'm different, and you say it's bad 

I treasure your opinion,but I don't understand why

Your constant pointing and muttering gets in my head

It stops me from living my life instead

Is your hate so strong that this has become a hobby

I try and try to stand up again, but in the end your tongue beats me  in the end

Though I'm scared and alone, you still harass and scare

You've made me hate life for what it is and, make me consider the rewards of my end I am

It's all because I'm different and I try to change but I must accept that different is  just what I am

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:45 am
TiffanyToy wrote a review...

Hey!!

I love the title!! It drew me in!!

Just a few nitpicks, though!

So, in the second line, I think the whole thing would sound better and flow more without the 'why?'

Also, maybe try changing up the last two lines so that they don't have the same ending word.

Also, in the 6th line, in the end is used repetitively and the piece would flow better without it.

After the 7th line, maybe you could create another line that rhymes, maybe?

Well, all in all, you got your point across and that's the most important thing, right? Well, it was great! So is all of your other work!

Keep writing!! ['cause your great at it!!],
~Tiff

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:41 am
KelliLocks wrote a review...

Hello! May I say this is true to all of us (at least me) and I really enjoyed it. The lines are a little lengthy and I would have seperated them, but that is just me. Stanzas of one line are not my favorite thing to read because they tend to be choppy. If you broke the sentences into two then made two line stanzas I believe the flow would work much better.
For example
"Is your hate so strong
That it has become a hobby"
To me that is much more flowing feel to it.
Other then that the poem was very good, keep writing!!!

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 am
KelliLocks wrote a review...

For example
"Is your hate so strong
That it has become a hobby"

KelliLocks says...

I'm sorry it accidentally submitted twice!!!

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina