Home » Literary works » Other » Realistic

Listen to yourself

by calondra1024

It’s only an opinion, so why do we listen? It only matters what we think, not others. Stop hearing the voices of others. Love who you want, how you want and don’t let anybody stop you. Think what you want, say what you want, do what you want. It’s your life, so take control. Don’t let others push you around. Stand your ground. Listen to yourself, and make those words words of love and wisdom. Only tell yourself what you want to hear, until you believe it. Make every good statement true to yourself. “You’re beautiful.” “You’re amazing.” “You’re special.” “You’re unique.” “You’re you.” Make that all that matters. Ignore the other voices. Don’t let what other people say or do to you control you. Know yourself in every way and use that to your advantage. Know your strengths, weaknesses, limits, and goals.

Pinkiegirl13 wrote a review...

Hi, calonda1024. Again. This is your reviewer, pinkie. I am likely want to review your story if you don't mind.

This story that you wrote is very memorable. I always listen to everyone's opinions than myself. I always let their words get to me and making me feel down about myself. After reading this, I learned to listen to myself than others, love who I really am, and how I want to be. You taught me a life lesson today. I am really thankful for being me.

The best story that I ever read

This was your reviewer, pinkie. And these were your review.

P.S.: Thank you.

calondra1024 says...

I never thought I would be putting anything I wrote on the internet, or write at all for that matter, so knowing that I can help somebody else in there life when I do makes me feel good about myself and like there is a purpose to my writing. Thanks :)

Sylar wrote a review...

Well, this was an interesting piece. I guess. This is what I would expect from the "other" section. ANYWAYS . . .

"Stop hearing the voices of others." Eh, I think you should take this out. It stops the flow and doesn't really fit.

"Think what you want, say what you want, do what you want." The more I read this, the more I feel like this should be a poem, with different lines. Like,
"Think what you want
say what you want
do what you want." Try to do that instead.

Really you need to re-format this into a poem and talk to me again.

moment wrote a review...

Hey! Welcome to yws :)

So this writing is alright. It's encouraging and sort of a feel-good text. You repeat ''want'' and ''others'' a lot, so I'd maybe introduce some diverse words. I didn't find any grammar mistakes and your form is alright. You make your point clear.
But, you know, this has been done. I've seen variations of this text a million times before. Maybe you could approach to the theme on a different way.

Moment

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato