z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Love art

by bluecoral


Daniel peeked up from his video game when a familiar quiet snort distracted him from somewhere close. His teeth grazed into his lower lip to suppress a smile when he caught a sight of Kei hiding her stretched up lips behind her hand. His heart pounded hard against his chest, and it took all of Daniel's strength to not explode under the warmth radiated from Kei's whole figure. 

Kei created art, Daniel swore. How come she looked so cute although what she did was just hugging her book close to herself. Her soft blue sweater caused her usually clouded eyes seemed so mellow and Daniel wanted to provide an eternity of comforting hug just for her. Did Daniel also mention about the cowardly air Kei often emitted? It fondly vanished with another round of timid laugh from the girl. 

Right then her presence screamed ease, and Daniel inevitably blushed, his cheeks hot as he covered the lower part of his face with his game, leaving only his eyes to be seen. Daniel wished he can sacrifice himself to be the reason for this perfection, even if it meant becoming a book. 

Kei was talking with someone from their grade, a short boy with snow color hair and stitches all over his arms. Rowan Sanderson always became a topic between teachers for his naughty schemes, but everyone knew he had a soft spot for two person. Unfortunately one of them must be Kei. Although Daniel noticed their relationship never crossed the romance line, he still received burning pokes whenever Rowan presented beside Kei. 

If only Daniel had the courage to approach her, he would be the one to be on Rowan's place right now. But he didn't have it, so Daniel still was an unnoticed boy to Kei. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 0
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:26 pm
Adolia1998 says...



I love your writing style and you are very descriptive.

Please to review one of my work




bluecoral says...


Thank you for your review.


Random avatar
Adolia1998 says...


ur welcome


Random avatar
Adolia1998 says...


ur welcome



User avatar
485 Reviews


Points: 21027
Reviews: 485

Donate
Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:32 pm
Elijah wrote a review...



Hey there, Eli here for a review!

The previous reviewers have their rights to point out things that I also have noticed in this work. It is short and maybe this is why I did not get so much information but I noticed that no one else mentioned that one thing that I want to mention right now.

It might be not a controller or maybe a small portable device, but never the game itself. The game is something in the device. He can not take the game and hide himself behind it, you need an object to hide behind not a term or entertainment right?


Someone else mentioned that there is not enought information about the main persona here, Daniel, and they are totally right. You give us more about Rowan than our main protogenist, that is a crime. I love the way you show it to us through Daniel's eyes but why not mention what Kei thinks? Also, the 'two person' that was already mentioned needs to be 'two people'.

Keep on writing!




bluecoral says...


I think you misread the word snort for snore? So there's no change in the scene. ^^

About mentioning what Kei thinks.. That might be done for other scene/chapter if the idea comes. I like to keep only one point of view throughout one whole scene, if not the whole story.

Thank you for you review. I'll keep these advices in mind when I edit it later on.



Elijah says...


Yes, just noticed!



User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 2075
Reviews: 35

Donate
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:03 pm
RishabhParmar wrote a review...



Hi,

It is an elegant short love story of a boy. I loved the character, everything is in its place. Each character has some taste. It is a short story but meaning hidden inside it is monstrous. I loved the plot and I request you continue this story and make a hunky-dory ending. I love to see the main character's part more.

In the starting, the graph is high. And it is going up.

Nice work. Love to see more stories from you. Keep it up!

:)

@RishabhParmar(Author of Operation Imperial and Women and Mother Earth)




bluecoral says...


Thank you for your review. Glad you like it. %uD83D%uDE0A





I love to tear-off more...............



User avatar
44 Reviews


Points: 1454
Reviews: 44

Donate
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 pm
CharlotteS wrote a review...



Hey! Charlotte dropping in for a review.

This was an interesting piece. I like the story line and the description of Kei. There are a few nit-picks though.

Firstly, as a reader I felt myself dissatisfied with the description of Daniel. I felt I didn't know enough about him and the situation he was in. However this might just be me, seeing as I tend to look for lots of description in what I read.

Secondly, you said, 'Two person.' This makes no sense and is probably a mistype. As I always do when I write reviews I would like to bring up the topic of editing. Always edit, re edit and re edit your writing again and again, no matter how long it takes.


lastly, why is Daniel only an 'unnoticed boy.? I mean, this all just comes down to my want for more detail, but I feel like there is more to the story than just what is written here. Maybe I'm right. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, I did actually really like this and look forward to reading more from you.




bluecoral says...


Now that I read the story back, yes, you are right. The description on Daniel's part is almost none, as the whole piece is themed to Kei. I thought the story will be longer if I put some information from his part, so I didn't think much of it although that is the missing piece in the story.

The two person is actually intended. The only reason that I don't tell who it is because I don't think it is necessary for this piece.

Unnoticed because Kei doesn't know Daniel while Daniel always searching for her everyday.

Thank you for your review. Glad you like it.




A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde