The dark side of history

by bloomcadbury

The history is just a tales,
Tales with boring storylines,
We would skipped the class,
Just to enjoy the soaring eagles.

The history is nothing,
Only a burden on one's shoulder,
But why do people keeps on doing,
The same mistakes all over again.

Countless warriors had fought,
'Red earth' is what they describe,
Body piled up as if it's for nothing,
How could we be smiling?
Without knowing their hardships.

Their sacrifices is for us,
To ensure the world is a better place,
Can we just let history slipped?
Without knowing the story.

The world could be cruel,
But a seed can be nurture,
To become a beautiful plant,
That brings joy and life-new hope

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:19 am
TheGatherer wrote a review...

Hey! Thank you for your follow. I saw your cry for help at Reviewing like a wind. Poetry mostly. :P Just thought I'd check it out for you (:

The first thing that came to me when I read this poem is that it needs further proofreading. I've found three types of mistakes worth mentioning. Here they are:

But why do people keeps on doing

the main verb isn't in the infinitive form

But a seed can be nurture,

"Nurture" is a verb, not an adjective.

That brings joy and life-new hope

You haven't ended the sentence.

There's some more mistakes that can easily be noticed with a focused eye. But what I think doesn't work here is that you used a formal structure to let out an informal speech. I'd suggest you look up other types of structure. I've found this can be helpful for you in terms of choosing the formal structure suiting you better: Capitalization in Poetry

Message-wise, I agree with @pastelqueen. I'd just like to mention this type of font doesn't really work out for me, the w's look like v's and it looks messy and formal at the same time. I don't know how you set it, though, so would you please explain to me how have you changed the default font? I'm really curious about formatting in YWS...

Well, I hope my opinion encourages you to keep writing these poems. I can honestly see some deepness that'll allow you to write great pieces. Just don't forget to proofread (: It can be tricky sometimes, I know, but that's something you can only master with practice. The Great Grammar Compendium is one of the biggest references on the website, but why not take a look in the viewforum.php?f=320 ?

Okay, keep it up!
-TheGatherer

fukase says...

Wha'! You stole my review? Oh; I'm gonna be mad to you....which is not.
Thanks anyway; and I'm curious why you're in my review's room...
Have a smile :)
~Memo

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:41 am
pastelqueen wrote a review...

I find this poem to be very nice and complex. The subject of the side of history we are never really exposed to isn't a very popular one, every one just likes to talk about the nice stuff. We aren't always glorious, wars and battles aren't always justified, sometimes human life is loss for no reason. Though I do like the ending on a hopeful note, because that is what we need in order to continue in this sad world we live in. Please don't ever hesitate to post on this site!

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying