Catharsis-A solace for Youth

by ashecjss

Aristotle once defined catharsis as "purging of the spirit of morbid and base ideas or emotions by witnessing the playing out of such emotions or ideas on stage".

Those turbulent winds of emotions which manifest and thrive on our ignorance about our sterling expressions, slowly but surely abolish those moist leaves of our aspirations, tree by tree, branch by branch.These titanic and volcanic psychological disturbances drive us crazy and mythical.The freedom of our conscience gets compromised and the harmony with our senses gets paralyzed.Now the vulnerability of ours should be a hush-hush affair or the vultures will have their stomach filled.This hush -hush act invites cynicism and many such 'isms'.The locus of our focus on objectivity of life goes into Desert.

We do have our own way to soothe our senses.The clash of Titans like War with our Parents, that relentless womanizing, that bully mean streak and not to forget our artistic use of profanity extinguish some flames inside.It's no transition, no transformation but degradation of moralities.Catharsis is the hand from heavens that can mop the trouble out.Its a mirror to the people who underrates the power of Cinema and Literature.They have the competence to transcend.

Any thought process that goes inside have a rational and a romantic flavor to it.The romantic sphere encapsulate the rational sphere of thoughts that leads to hypothesis and delusions.Now what an illuminating cinematic experience or a literary excellence does is, it penetrates that romantic sphere relieving our emotional stresses in form of sobbing or an adrenaline rush and leaves a rational core radiating realism.Same phenomenon happens after watching a tragic love story.We resonate with the pain of the protagonist and replicate it by reliving the tragedies of our own lives.A superhero like Spiderman or a Superman pulverizing those evil vibes jack us up too, to let that Bam and Boom stuff to cart off.

History is full to the brim with emotionally engrossing and enthralling Cinema one can experience.Some web of thoughts are so complex, it remains a mystery that what can transpire in a person.Any disturbance can touch a chord of excellence producing a melody of a lifetime.No matter what pragmatism says, words and cinema can change the World.

Cinema I would like to recommend:
Schindler's List(1993)
Taxi Driver(1975)
Pursuit of Happiness(2006)
Life is Beautiful(1997)
Scent of a Woman(1992)

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot