When the time comes

by andrew.j.m

When you're ready to grow up, call me. When you're done fishing for compliments, thats when you can start looking for advice in me. If you're over all your crushes on all the guys that will break your heart and make you cry, then I'll let you get this close.

When you look in the mirror, and you're fine with what you see, and when you walk down the street without counting the guys that look at you, maybe then we'll work out.

Maybe there will be an us...but I'm not going to wait for it.

With me, what you see is what you get. I threw away my facade.

Now I'm just waiting for you to do the same.

Night Mistress says...

hey andrew!

this sounded really deep. the emtion were raw and untamed and i like that.

keep up the good work.

oh and chapter five is out.

olivia1987uk wrote a review...

I'm fed up of complimenting your work young man but I feel it is too good to simply overlook it! You have such a way of portraying such emotion it's hard to envisage anything else. I get lost in your writing and I don't think I have found anyone on this site who has inspired me as much as you have.

Kalliope wrote a review...

Hey there,

This was very short, yet quite neat. You managed to criticise a lot of the foolish things teenage girls tend to do and sounded very real. Down to the point.

A couple things:

I smell Contradiction

...but I'm not going to wait for it.

First you say you're not going to wait for something to happen between the two and then you say you're waiting for her to ditch her facade and get real, so -

That doesn't make too much sense to me. Either you move on or you wait. Also it seemed retty much like you'd already given up on her.

When you're ready to grow up, call me.

That first sentence alone is pretty final. (Consider a linebreak after that sentence for that exact reason it's final: It basically says that you're done waiting and that you don't see anything happening so you'll focus on other things and she should let you know when something's changed.)

Specify

You've put together quite a bit of general adivice for this girl, but I think you could make it even more interesing and give it some more dimension, if you'd tell us a little more about this girl and just get into it a little deeper, for example describe the crushes more. Maybe you've watched her fall for the same cheep stuff over and over again and then come to you when she got hurt? Describe something like that. There are so many places you could go with this :)

Don't get me wrong, I like t, it's just kind of one-dimensional at the moment. Too much telling. show us some of the things about her and why you need her to grow up.

[I hope you don't mind me refering to you directly as the person speaking. Would have gotten complicated otherwise.]

All the best and happy writing,

~Kalliope

P.S. PM me with any questions, you may have. :)

jasmine12 wrote a review...

This is really...deep? If that's the right word to use. I see that you have basically pointed out all of the common flaws in girls these days. What with self image and all. I can see the point, it's very clear. Good job. The only thing I can point out is you said 'thats' instead of 'that's' and....that's saying something.

I like this. It sounds true and easily relate-able.

JC wrote a review...

Wow. That sounded really true and real, which is quite refreshing. You mannaged to point out the things that girls do a lot of because of self-image, or insecruity, and managed to say "stop doing this", but in a way that means you care, not that you hate her.

I don't really have any corrections, it's hard to fix what comes from the heart, that's why some writing is so good :D

Keep up the good work!
-JC

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Albus Dumbledore