z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

"Technology - in various ways"

by akosisab


“Technology – in various ways”

(Angelica Solomon)

Technology is a gift of God” (Freeman Dyson), it talks about that technology is one of the God’s gifts for us. It’s said that after the gift of life it is perhaps the greatest of God’s gift. It’s the mother of civilization, arts and sciences. We can create a civilization of the mind in cyber space. Similarly it is God’s gift from us to improve more our learning’s and to do more experiment about technology. Also technology is supposed to make our life easier, allowing us to do thing more quickly and efficiently, different types of technology we encounter every day. These technologies are products of the innovation and enhancement made by men. In this case technology affected different aspects of life positively, such as in the field of education, business/career, and entertainment.

Buying and selling are just about anything over the Internet. According to the article that I read the internet changed the buying and selling through the use of technology (White, 2011). He says that as the world population gets larger and technology keeps advancing, more people are able to do more things that they couldn't do before, one of the example is the buying and selling of their products through the use of computers and internet. For the buyers we can immediate access to inventory that meets our campaign goals and for the sellers we can manage yield more effectively, capture additional revenue and increase overall yield on their inventory and maintain control of inventory. We can buy and sell our products by just clicking the website that we are looking for and post the picture that we want to sell online and to look some things that we need and buy them online. Therefore we can create a small business transaction by using the internet. Anyone seems, can sell anything, (Donahue, 2000) as long as they can get their hands on enough supply to make the business work. Also technology can use to advertise some business or products online. It had a great advantage when comes out to the buying, selling, and advertising of products through the use of technology. Individuals are able to find some jobs online. Individuals promote themselves, buy doing it online! It’s quick, easy and simple! Social engines are also fantastic for getting your voice heard (Gupta, 2013). If you’ve just started a business or promoting a particular product, social media is probably the best resource to start with. Social media enables you to engage an audience. Now, we can get interview by the use of social media, we can easily pass our resume by the use of computers and internet. Technology, however, is increasing and affecting everyone, everything seems to be processed through a computer these days. If technology has a great advantage on the field of business, then how technology can help on the field of education?

EBook technologies as well as by surges in usage of eBooks generally. Higher Education and Further Education (Clay, 2012) institutions the scope for adoption of eBooks has steadily increased. As many institutions have started the process of adopting and using eBooks, however,they need to be aware of issues as they embrace and embed eBooks within classrooms, research, libraries, and etc. It is examines how eBooks are being adopted within academic libraries, how eBooks are being used for learning and teaching, and their impact on research and publication. In this process, it addresses key technical and cultural issues(Clay, 2012) that institutions face when adopting eBooks. The advantage of Ebooks in our Education is it helps us to find faster what we are looking for. Technologies also help us to find some topic that informants looking for it also help us to do it easier and faster. It can give us information that are suits for the topic that we want to search, eBook technologies can help us to increase our Higher and Further Education.

Video technology took center stage; technology can enhance the videos, games and music. Video technology pioneers are taking matters into their own hands to ensure the popularity of the emerging medium doesn’t fizzle out because of a lack of expertise (Shauk, 2010). Internet communities have also formed behind videos, games, and music, such as in which hundreds of composers and musicians online demonstrate their own arrangements of music based on original video, game, music, often enhancing the previously technology-limited few-instrument melodies to full potential. Another development in the last decade has also brought on new interface hardware for video game players such as placemats, maracas, guitars, and drum kits, through which many users are introduced to music in an interactive manner rather than simply being the audience. Games such as Dance Dance Revolution (DDR), Frequency, SingStar, Guitar Hero and RockBand(Mun, 2008-2013) and various others have inspired a generation of video game players to turn back to 80’s music, hip-hop, even folk songs, and other genres, that otherwise may have become slowly forgotten. According to Raphael Mun (2008) these games have brought many older musicians back to the fore-front, and revitalized the music industry to a younger generation, many of whom had never heard of these musicians and bands. We can more improve, enhancing and developing our mobile applications and videos and music by the use of technology.

Technology can make our life easier. It can help us to do our work more efficient and faster. For business and career we can use the internet to advertise our products, to buy and sell our goods and to look some job opportunities online. Technology, for the field of education, eBooks our one of the useful tool to help our teachers and students to do some paper works and research purposes, if we’re not have a book we can also use eBooks to find some topics or books that we are looking for, and use it for school purposes. Informants can also use internet when they’re looking some topics and meaning of a words that they are trying to find on some dictionaries and books. On the field of entertainment, the modern technology can help the editors to edit the videos and to enhance some games and music also they can develop and improve more application by the use of the modern technology right now. Our world right now are surrounded by technology whatever we do, wherever we look at, technology are just right there, manipulate us and taking a good chance to improve more and develop some things that we can be use for our future and for the next generation. Therefore, I conclude that there is lot of advantages that technology given us for the business and career, education and information, and also in entertainment.

References

Clay, J. (2012). Preparing for Effective Adoption and Use of Ebooks in Education. 50-66. http://observatory.jisc.ac.uk/docs/ebooks-in-education.pdf

Donahue, S. (2013). DFW International Airport Board Selects Sean Donohue As New CEO For World's Fourth Busiest Airport. Texas.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/07/11/dfw-new-ceo-idUSnPNDC46175+1e0+PRN20130711

Gupta, S. (2013). How Technology Is Changing Job Hunting. Career Geek.

http://www.careergeekblog.com/2013/08/22/increased-technology-and-job-hunting/

Mun, R. (2008-2013). How to Enhance Video, Games, and Music. VIDEO GAME MUSIC AND ITS EFFECT ON SOCIETY , pg. 1-9.

http://www.programexperts.com/articles/VideoGameMusicSociety.pdf

Shauk, Z. (2010). Pushing for 3-D growth in the industry, 3-D’s popularity takes shape. Glendale News-Press.

http://articles.glendalenewspress.com/keyword/entertainment-technology-center

White, D. (2011). How the Internet Has Changed Buying and Selling.

http://www.socialstudiesforkids.com/articles/economics/howinternetchangesecon.htm

5 Page


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:05 am
Ahnha says...



Nice Angelica... :))




Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:20 pm
Raymund says...



great essay :D




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:00 pm
JamesCloud wrote a review...



You have a pretty essay about technology, though i found some mistake its pretty good. You elaborated all of your ideas and you organized it well. I love how you set your paragraphs points by points. You will have a wonderful future if you continuing writing an article. Lastly, I really love your conclusion I do really love it, yes its true i'm being amazed in how you conclude your article.

I like your introduction, your first sentence hooked me. Your article, so far is my favorite. Keep it up.

[ Edit ]


Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:17 pm
jayvee18 says...



Great Job :))
Nice article! Technology <3




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:12 pm
darkad16 says...



well done this article is full of knowledge




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:10 pm
Jayvee says...



Great Job! Two thumbs up! :)

[ Edit ]


Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:41 pm
Krishia mae kalaw says...



Great essay!well done Keep up the good work :D

[ Edit ]


Random avatar

Points: 356
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:13 pm
View Likes



“Technology is a gift of God” (Freeman Dyson), its talk about that technology is one of the God’s gifts for us. -I think instead of writing "its talk about" it should be "it talks about "

Good topic choice :) The ideas you presented are interesting. Keep up the good work!




User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 1775
Reviews: 19

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:51 pm
View Likes
RachelLescano says...



“Technology is a gift of God” (Freeman Dyson), its talk about that technology is one of the God’s gifts from us.- revision of this statement would be a good step. You may write in a way that no redundancy of the idea is presented.

"Similarly it is God’s gift from us to improve more our learning’s and to do more experiment about technology."- You must not use "...from us" it is supposed to be "into us" or "for us" because using the words "from us" will give a different meaning on the point that you want to deliver with the readers.

Comments above were some of the corrections that I think must be paid enough attention with. The essay is good as well as its message but please be aware and careful in using different terms/words in your work. But your article is still pretty good. Keep up the good work!




User avatar


Points: 368
Reviews: 3

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:50 pm
ValenciaAndrea says...



Technology is gift of God made by humans. Technology really surrounds us. The essay you've done was great but some little corrections. But in all it is nice and interesting.




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:48 pm
perkypanda says...



I loved this. Great essay! Keep up the good work. :)




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:39 pm
kriselleabby says...



You have a point on your essay. Keep up the good work! :D




User avatar


Points: 357
Reviews: 2

Donate

Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 pm
arvenziv says...



well done :) keep it up




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:32 pm
kingteejay8 says...



I love it. You've made an excellent essay. Job well done. :D




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:21 pm
qwerty says...



nice!

[ Edit ]


User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:16 pm
View Likes
AllenRan says...



Your essay is full of knowledge. It can be use as reference for thesis projects. I agree to every detail. Keep up the good works.




akosisab says...


thank you :)



Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:13 pm
AllenRan says...



Your essay is full of knowledge. It can be use as a reference for thesis projects. Keep up the good works! :)

[ Edit ]


Random avatar

Points: 315
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:40 am
Euclarkie says...



Very well said. Nice article huh, keep up the good work. :D




User avatar


Points: 378
Reviews: 1

Donate

User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 1704
Reviews: 29

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:48 am
View Likes
OceanGirl wrote a review...



heyy akosiab! this is SapphireFlames to the review! :)
I liked the overall article and also the theme that you chose. Its good that you have referred a lot for writing this article and it is also written in the proper format.

I liked the first line of your article , its actually a good idea of gifting god in return of his gift to us. the article was very informative and was very interesting to read for the readers. As even I like to read these kind of articles and discussions and debates.

I liked these parts of you're piece:


''EBook technologies as well as by surges in usage of eBooks generally. Higher Education and Further Education (Clay, 2012) institutions the scope for adoption of eBooks has steadily increased. As many institutions have started the process of adopting and using eBooks, however, they need to be aware of issues as they embrace and embed eBooks within classrooms, research, libraries, and etc. It is examines how eBooks are being adopted within academic libraries, how eBooks are being used for learning and teaching, and their impact on research and publication. In this process, it addresses key technical and cultural issues(Clay, 2012) that institutions face when adopting eBooks. The advantage of Ebooks in our Education is it helps us to find faster what we are looking for. Technologies also help us to find some topic that informants looking for it also help us to do it easier and faster. It can give us information that are suits for the topic that we want to search, eBook technologies can help us to increase our Higher and Further Education''.

''Technology can make our life easier. It can help us to do our work more efficient and faster. For business and career we can use the internet to advertise our products, to buy and sell our goods and to look some job opportunities online''.

I also like the thing that you have made a bibliography at the end and it was very informative.
Thanks for uploading such a good piece on YWS!

Keep writing , Good luck! :)

FuturAuthor,
SapphireFlames




akosisab says...


thank you for the review sapphire flames, i do really appreciate it ! :) thank you..





welcome!



User avatar
425 Reviews


Points: 11417
Reviews: 425

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 am
View Likes
Nate wrote a review...



I like the tact that you took with your essay. Man's ability to think and reason is a gift from God, and it's a gift we should use to better not only ourselves but the world around us. We can communicate with others across the world, purchase a wide selection of entertainment instantly, and make our lives less burdensome. For most of human history, almost everyone lived in a state of abject poverty, and it's only thanks to modern technology that's changing.

However, one thing that I think you overlooked is how technology impacts the environment. We can use it to help protect animals and forests, but we can also use it to wreak havoc. Ultimately, though, I think more technology is beneficial to all.

Regarding your essay, I think you did a good job with presenting your arguments. One thing I would do is either split your second paragraph into a couple, or cut out a lot of it. You also want to avoid asking questions in an essay, and the use of "I."




akosisab says...


thank you for the review .. i really appreciate it :) it will help me a lot to do more articles..



User avatar


Points: 357
Reviews: 2

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:23 pm
shielamendoza says...



A good essay and informative one :))




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:40 pm
emepes says...



I agree with most of your points. I agree that technology has many advantages, and i agree that technology can make our life easier. You wrote it well, and it was organized. Keep up the good work :)




User avatar


Points: 475
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:21 pm
AiraPatricia says...



Your first sentence is interesting. :) You have explained everything clearly. Job well done! :)




User avatar
663 Reviews


Points: 11295
Reviews: 663

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:16 pm
View Likes
Messenger wrote a review...



Knight Malachi here to review for the Knights of the Green Room.
First off, welcome to YWS! I am sure you will love this site as much as I have., I hope you learn a lot of things that will help with your writing, as well. Now, onto the review.

if we’re not have a book

I believe this should be, if we don't have a book. This is on page 3. This is actually the only thing I saw that was a mess-up, besides one thing I can't find again, so good job on that.
So you bring up a good point, and I agree with most of your points. Now, as far as it being a research paper I believe, I thought you wrote it out very well. It was all organized and went together good.
Keep it up!




akosisab says...


thank you very much :)



akosisab says...


thank you very much :)



Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:06 pm
Raph says...



i like the conclusion you had made




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:03 pm
jack frowler says...



I agree to your article that through the use of internet, we can buy or sell some products we need. I like how do you play with your article! Nice Job

[ Edit ]


User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 14

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:53 pm
View Likes
nadinefampo says...



I agree that technology contributed a lot on different aspects of our living. because of it, our work becomes lot easier than the old times.




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:43 pm
redar chware says...



Your article is good, they are things that you must to revise, it will be better if you add more ideas, i have fun of reading it. Great Job.

[ Edit ]



A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost