Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction

16+ Language Violence

The last pilot chapter 4: Roses

by Zrillis

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and violence.

She woke up, the world spinning as she slowly opened her heavy eyes. The night sky engulfed the desert scene as she shook away the sleep. She felt a tightness around her body, and remebered the child. Lucy was wrapped around her, sleeping peacefully and seemed to be almost smiling. Aria didnt move, trying not to wake her up.

She looked as closely as she could at the girl, and saw that all her wounds had healed. Aria wasnt certain she had fixed her hearing, but she was hopeful.

The resting sun shone a soft golden light over the red sand, and the world seemed to embrace the two girls, offering peace and a sense of hope that rang out in the quiet air. This was the peace that Aria had wished for on Sirion, a peace without doubt of war, without the itch of the Helios finding them. With this peace, however, came the dread of thoughts. She didnt know if Zan had escaped from that unseen ship. She didnt know if Iris had captured him. All she could do was hold on to this hope, and wait.

Aria had seen the Zelpha Nine speed away from her pod, engines full blast. The course it was taking was still to Brilla, but she suspected Zan was heading towards the Asteriod route, rather then the faster route that she had taken. The changed course would take an extra two days. She was scared, not for herself but for this small child sleeping on her.

Aria had seen the scars, the cuts, the bruises. She assumed the emotional pain must be even worse. Aria could heal wounds, not emotions. She wasnt sure how strong this child was.

~~~~~~

"Iris. stay close to me, this planet isnt under Helios control, but outside the towns its a savage place. Im going to land in the outer desert." I spoke, and walked to the ships weapon room.

There were outdated plasma pistols neatly ordered in the room, each with ten extra plasma clips. I knew they were old based off of their shap design. Flat metal overlay red plastic. The handle was thin, but long, Attaching to a curved body and thin rectangular barrel. They were deadly, designed solely to take a life.

I breathed in slowly, and picked up two pistols, and evaluated their weight. they were light, and easily fit in my hands. A mirror on the wall caught my eyes, and what i saw shocked me. My apperance had changed, and i knew it was from my biohearts interaction with the Zelpha.

My spiked hair was gone, and in its place was shoulder length silver gray hair. My eyes were a bright silver, with red laying inside. This was my true pilot form, my true bioheart effect. It shined wisdom and truth, and I knew that due to the immense power of the Zelpha, this new look would stay with me no matter what level of Bioheart power I took on.

I grabbed a duel holster belt, and slid the pistols to a rest at my sides. A last look around the room drew a specific weapon to my attention.

A photon bow. Light weight, and able produce its own arrows with a draw of the string. I had been taught of differant weapons in school, and the bow had always pricked a small interest. I picked it up, and fastened it to my back.

"Iris. Lets go. Remember, dont leave my side." I spoke, walking to the Zelphas exit doors. I reached my hand down to the girl by my side, and she took it tightly as we left the ship.

~~~~~~

"Are you awake Lucy?" Aria asked as the child started to stir, unsure if she could hear the words. Lucy looked up as if startled, and pressed her hands to her ears.

"Lucy, your free now, your wounds are healed, and I will protect you." Aria spoke as she pulled the child into a hug. She was relieved that she had cured her hearing, but bigger issues faced them. This was unknown territory, alone in a desert, and the sun was going down fast.

Aria glanced around, unsure if they would be safe, and her heart started to panic. Black clouds covered the sun, and the sand became instantly cold. In the distance, she could see haunting shadows moving fast and growing larger. She had no way to protect herself, and she was scared.

A quick glance to her left revealed a cave, and Aria had to chance that it would be safer then the open desert. She carefully picked up Lucy, and began to walk towards the cave, aware that the shadows were getting closer, now acompanied by a low and ever increasing rumble of growls.

She began to run, now able to hear footsteps as the creatures making the shadows were getting closer and causing arias heart to beat faster. She was scarred for the child, who was still holding her ears as large angry tears poured from her eyes.

In a full sprint, Aria neared the cave. Her eyes were searching for high ground, when her foot hit a large rock, sending her to the ground and the girl rolling to a short distance away. Aria turned over, to see a large face, blood dripping from its teeth, getting ready to slice her skin.

She froze, as her mind showed her all her mistakes, all the things that threatened her as she braced for death. She saw her fathers face, the face he made as he killed his wife, the face that had told Aria to stay silent under the table.

She welcomed death, knowing she could never redeem herself of her sin, as a small, electrified photon arrow sliced through the back of the creatures skull.

~~~twenty minutes earlier~~~

As we walked, the sun was getting low, and the desert began to grow dim. I knew Brilla was home to a dangerous creature. They resembled a mix between an earth bear, wolf, and lion. They were angry, deadly animals called Screachers.

I looked around the desert plain, as my eyes met a figure sitting on a rock. I tightened my grip on Iris's hand, and spoke. "stay behind me, Ill keep you safe Iris."

I drew a plasma pistol, and heard her reply. "ok daddy, I trust you." I could her out of the corner of my eye, and saw her green colored arm blades. I knew she could protect herself, but I didnt want to make her fight, if I could, I would protect her human side from commiting violence.

I led Iris towards the figure on the rock, and froze when it raised its three right arms. "careful human male. The Sreatchers hunt at night, and this is their land. That helios enfused creature may be useful however."

The voice was female, and I studied her as she stood, her back still to me. She was tall, with a fully human shape except for her three right arms, and she had only one left one. Long green hair flowed down to her back, and she was slender. In her left hand she held a golden photon bow, recenty cleaned and polished.

"If you wish to survive out here tonight, you better come with me to my masters cave. The cave of transparency is the only safe place in this dessert when the screachers come." She finished her words, and turned towards us, and saw all her details.

Her clothes were dark colored, blending in with the brown sand, and she had a bright red sash, the marking of a gaurdian archer. I had seen these sashes in my study books, and knew the significance of wearing one. Her face was stern, with a large gash over her left eye they drew down to her chin.

My examination was cut short when I heard a low growl, and felt Iris pulling hard on my hand. "Daddy..... The screachers, they are coming.."

Her voice held fear and sorrow, as she pressed herself against my leg, hiding behind me. I was afraid, not knowing how to truly use my photon bow or plasma pistols. They were simple enough to fire, but the aim would be my biggest issue.

"Iris, stay behind me, stay close if we run, dont let go of my shirt." I spoke, my voice stern and serious. I drew my bow, and tested the string, gently drawing back as the photon arrows appeared and vanished as I pressure released back to normal position.

The low rumble of the screachers got closer, and the first one came into view. It was large, running on all fours. its fur was grey, and each leg produced six large claws. The eyeless face contained two mouths, each with large rows of teath that could bite through steak six large claws. The eyeless face contained two mouths, each with large rows of teath that could bite through steal.

The first screacher came into view, and attemted a long range shot. The mysterious archer was already easily picking off several screachers, and I wanted to help out.

I scanned the oncoming screachers, and gave a low sigh. My fingers tightened on the thin bow string, and my focus locked, blocking out everything except a single screacher. Data flooded my head, information that the Zelpha nine had trusted me with.

The Helios had created them, made these monsters to hunt amd destroy. They had one vital weakness, the thin skin between thier duel mouths.

My mind cleared and the photon light arrow released, striking its target, low, but still in the right area. I watched and let out a relieved almost silent cheer as the screachers face split open, spilling a large pool of blood to the ground.

"Human, we must go to the masters cave, I must protect the commander." the archers voice called to me, as she easily picked off the monsters one by one, before taking off to the left, running fast.

I followed, making sure Iris was behind me, and kept my bow string drawn tight, as I scanned the path ahead. The cave came into view, with hundred of screachers running beside us now. Along with the cave, I saw a Lone figure, running towards the cave holding a smaller figure. the figure fell, and a screacher stood over her.

"Archer, that figure, thats... I think thats Aria!" i screamed and ran with everything i had, dragging iris behind me. I aproached and shakily aimed, sending an arrow in the direction of the screacher readying for an attack.

~~~~~

She looked up, as the screacher fell dead infront of her. She was froze for a moment, but the screams of Lucy drew her back to life.

"Lucy, im here, ive got you. " Aria whispered as she struggled to stand, and limped over to pick up the crying girl. She scooped her up, and looked back, trying to locate the source of the arrow. She looked to her left, and spotted a familiar face.

"Aria! stay there! im coming," Zan shouted to her, only about ten feet away.

"no, into the cave, find Master Ren Drilla, he will be in the deepest cavern i will hold off these screachers." Kona yelled, as Aria gasped from hearing the name, as she looked at Zan.

History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
— Napoleon Bonaparte