The Devil's Calling ~Synopsis~

by XSleepingSirenX

When the life of a teenage girl gets nowhere but down, her hopes of a better life seemed more like wishful thinking. Until one day she ran into a boy who took an interest in her the moment they met. The two grew fond of each other fairly quickly, but as time went on, strange things began to happen. The more involved she becomes with this boy, the more she learns things about herself she can't explain. So are these just strange coincidences? Or is there something else much greater working behind the scenes.

Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:58 am

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy, here to leave a review!!

First Impression: Well that certainly is a synopsis, its definitely pretty catchy at least to me because it does sound like it would be quite intriguing, it is a fairly short one with not the biggest detail but I think you've given enough here, but lets see if I can get into this with more detail.

So I certainly like the questions that you ask at the end. Its got that vibe that you get from something like a blurb. It definitely makes me want to find out more about it and I think this could definitely make for a pretty interesting story. It doesn't quite have any details that I can too much of a judgement on but this base idea does seem pretty fun.

Overall: Overall I think this could make for a fairly interesting story if done correctly. If you do post it, I just might read it.

Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:37 am
SpiritedWolfe wrote a review...

Hi there, SleepingSiren! Welcome to the site :) Also, I'd love to see some of your actual writing in the future!

I wanted to pop by and give you some quick feedback on your synopsis. For starters, there is this awesome forum called the Writer's Corner where you can post a thread about your novel or other stories you want to write and get feedback from others. That might be more helpful to you for things like summaries or plot ideas in the future, so you can save your points and get more the more thorough feedback on your writing.

Honestly, I felt like this synopsis didn't give many important details of the plot. Typically, after reading a synopsis, the reader has some idea of the direction of the novel, but I don't know anything about the setting, the characters, the plot, the conflict. I know that teenage girl (what is her name? Where does she live -- the modern world, a fantasy world, a parallel universe? What is happening in her life that makes it seem like it's going downhill?) meets a boy (similar questions for him -- how do they meet? Where do they meet? Is there mystery around him or does he seem normal?) and strange things start to happen (what occurs? Is it strange for the real world or strange for their fantasy world? What is an example of something that she can't explain?)

I get that you don't want to spoil the whole novel for us in the synopsis; I wouldn't want you to either! But at the same time, you have to give us a taste of something that would draw our attention to, and giving us more details will definitely help with that. Based on the title I might be able to guess, but if I read this on the back of a book, I might just have to put it down because I don't care about the characters or the plot enough. Give me those juicy details so I don't have a choice but to start reading :)

Hopefully this was helpful to you! If you have any questions about either my review or about the site in general, don't hesitate to ask me or really anyone else on the site. We're all friendly here ~

Best of writing! (And if you do end up posting this novel on here, feel free to tag me. I would love to read it.)
~ Wolfe

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec