z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Missing Shoes!!!

by Veki


I bought these new shoes which were like magic shoes and it soon became my favourite pair. However , those were not properly fit and hence gave me few bruises but still I liked those very much .

There was a passage where I used to take a walk to home after being dropped by office cab .Since long time , I have been feeling something was following me while coming from office on that particular street.That fear was keep on growing inside me though I never faced it.

One evening while coming from office , I felt it like unprecedented . I got Scared and thought to escape from there any how. I didn’t have any choice than running away from there.

I just started running but couldn’t manage the direction but it was definitely not towards my home. Any way I wasn’t thinking about it then but I was unable to run properly because of shoes . I just wanted to ran away from the situation .For the sake of running more faster I kept off my shoes in some turning streets thought to get it once will return . I got so scared that I kept on running for very long time than expected . I didnt realize that how far I came along , didn’t keep the track of time even . I was so busy in running that didnt realize in order to getting away from the ghost I was escaping out from my world also. Honestly , I realized in midway itself that no one is following me , but still was running to justify my disbeliefs. However , after a long run I got tired .At last when I crossed all the bridges , city , states and country (of mind) , fought with my innerself , made myself strong enough to fight with that invisible ghost , I convinced myself to return back .

But Now I have forgotten where did I left my shoes off!!!.

Missing were my shoes ....


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 175
Reviews: 3

Donate
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:59 am
legolas1122 wrote a review...



wow !it was amazing and keep writing it is very exiting !and they are a few Grammer mistakes !let me show you ! walk to home , walk home buy an office cab , by an office cab since long , since a long from office to , from the office like to was any how to anyhow and a spelling mistake well a punctuwation forgot how to spell didnt to didn't so here are some of the spelling and grammer mistakes and you can improve !innerself to inner self so the others are the Grammer mistakes busy in running to busy running that didn't to that i didn't getting to get where did i to where i walk to home to walk home !
so these are most of the Grammer and spelling mistakes so i believe that you can improve ! Keep up the good work !

keep writing

legolas1122

veki




legolas1122 says...


well some mistakes keep up the good work !



chiefhoco says...


Wow it is a lot but %uD83E%uDDDD%uD83C%uDFFB%u200D%u2642%uFE0F legolas1122is right keep up the good work !



User avatar
1485 Reviews


Points: 154066
Reviews: 1485

Donate
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:53 am
IcyFlame wrote a review...



Hi Veki,

Welcome to YWS!

I have a couple of points to make here, most of which agree with jaspercat's review below. There are plenty of articles and handy references linked on the front page of this site that you can use for things like grammar. I won't go through this in too much detail but be aware of your capitalisation and also your spacing.

There should always be a space after a period or a comma, but not before. When you use !, one is sufficient and there is no need to add a period after this.

There are also a few cases here where you need to check your tenses and sentence conjugation. For example:

However , those were not properly fit

should be 'those did not properly fit' or 'those did not fit properly'. Saying it out loud can help with things like this.

Also, think about the pacing of the piece. You go a way to building up suspense, but because the pace is so sped up it doesn't allow the reader to feel the same suspense. Perhaps try to slow it down in the middle.

I hope this has given you some helpful pointers - please feel free to ask if you want more details or you'd like me to review once you've edited :)


Icy




User avatar
265 Reviews


Points: 16
Reviews: 265

Donate
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:19 am
myjaspercat wrote a review...



Hey there Veki
Jaspercat here to leave you a review.

I got Scared and thought
The underlined word here should be lowercased as it is not a proper noun.

escape from there any how. <-this should be one word, not two.


I just started running but couldn’t manage the direction but it was definitely not towards my home.
Avoid using 'but' more than once in a single sentence. Especially when you're using it to connect two different ideas. My suggestion to you would to be working on rewriting the sentence

I just wanted to ran away
Wrong tense here. The underlined word should be changed to 'run.'

I kept off my shoes in some turning streets thought to get it once will return .
Not going to lie here, for the most part this entire story is confusing but this line in general is particularly confusing to me. I'm assuming you're trying to say that the character decided to take of their shoes and stash them somewhere he could go back for them. Please tell me if that's right.

I didnt realize that how far I came along , didn’t keep the track of time even
Your readers can assume that the speaker lost track of time. You don't have to tell us.

in order to getting away from the ghost
I think the whole ghost thing is just supper sudden. While I was reading this I thought it would be some other person who was following your reader. I don't know why but to find out that it's a ghost just feels a bit weird to me.

Ok so overall (for me at least) this story was a tad bit confusing. The way it was written is all over the place and there are quite a few grammatical errors. I suggest reading your story out loud to yourself or even to someone else to see where the errors are and to see where the sentences don't make sense. You have an interesting idea here it just needs a bit of work.

The second thing I want to mention has to do with punctuation. First, I noticed that throughout the entire story you added an extra space before and after your punctuation. That is completely unnecessary. You only have to add a space after you place a form of punctuation down. With the extra spaces it makes your piece look unclean and unprofessional so be careful about that. Second, I also noticed that at the end of the story you had both a period and multiple exclamation points together. Thing is you only need one or the other and if you decided to use the exclamation point then you should only use one.

Other then that I don't think I have anything else to say. I hope I helped, even a little. If you have any questions you are more then welcomed to ask. Good luck and continue writing.




Veki says...


Thanks a lot for your time . It helped a lot . I will keep in mind for the grammatical errors.
Idea is - I am running away from my own good soul assuming it is a ghost. i am on the path of fake success and superficial growth and in this process I am loosing my goodness(soul). Later when I understand the realities after so many years and want to be like my old one , that part of mine has been lost now. Time has gone by and i Cant find myself back.
Shoes is Soul here.
I understand what i have said is not reflected properly in story.



myjaspercat says...


Ahhh ok that%u2019s very interesting!! Thank you for clearing that up.




Just because you don't feel like a hero in your own story, doesn't mean you're not a hero in someone else's.
— Tenyo