z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Fading

by Torres


We’d say “I love you” acting like we understood everything

Whispering in beautiful stories we didn’t understand

Riding the gentle breeze in the golden dream

We talked about tomorrow which seemed within grasp

Like anonymous grass beneath the bright sun

We were satisfied being within each other’s sight

As time passed by, the dream shattered silently

And we drifted apart due to our immaturity

Like dried flowers the days I’ve spent with you

It is now fading in color

I miss you and I still think about you

But now you’re fading into my memories

Tears trickle down on the days when I search for traces of you

And it all comes rushing back to me

Love and pain are forgotten in time

And falls asleep silently


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 287
Reviews: 65

Donate
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 am
pineapple321 wrote a review...



Hi, Torres, thought I'd drop by for a review.

Well, this wasn't your typical "love" poem which I found interesting. It was about young love or first love that didn't work out in the end.

I absolutely enjoyed reading it. There was so much description like "riding the gentle breeze in the golden dream".

The only part I was sort of confused about was "Like anonymouse grass...". What did you mean by that?

Overall, I enjoyed reading this poem and am excited to see more that you come up with!

Signed,

Pineapple




User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 2448
Reviews: 56

Donate

User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 2448
Reviews: 56

Donate
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:49 pm
akanbright wrote a review...



ANALYZING FADING:
Such a wow...romantic depicting the love which exists between those in a relationship.
We 'd say "I love you" acting like we understood everything.
This line of the poem shows that live us not buried in word but in actions an understanding. when one say I love you, such a person should have a proper understanding of what is being said. one might say u live you from the natural sense of brotherly love and then the other person may take it to be a serious thing, thinking that u really mean to say you love him or her.
"love and pains are forgotten in time
and falls asleep silently". Although love doesn't go with pains but there is a realm where the both can operate. Many may learn the pathway of love through pains while others may learn the pathway of pains through love.
"and we drifted apart due to our immaturity". In this, love can only grow and cause ascension when those in the relationship are both matured. Love is misunderstood when it is just a faction of sight and words. immaturity is a relationship.
"like dried flowers the day I 've spent with you
it is now fading in color". This is to buttress the point that when love fades, its fades out of immaturity. The day one understands the true efficacy of love, then that day love no longer fades.
Things fade when there is no way they can have effect around. When the real meaning of love is not depicted there is no way one can have a proper understanding of it. The concepts of love is flexible to those that understands it and rigid or fady to those who do not have an atom of understanding of it.




User avatar
137 Reviews


Points: 21503
Reviews: 137

Donate

User avatar
218 Reviews


Points: 85
Reviews: 218

Donate
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:20 pm
View Likes
creaturefeature wrote a review...



'Ello!

We’d say “I love you” acting like we understood everything

Whispering in beautiful stories we didn’t understand


This could be read as "we'd say "i love you" acting like we understood everything like whispering in beautiful stories; we didn't understand," or they could both be their own sentences, which wouldn't be the easiest to read and understand.

In my opinion, both of those sound really off, so maybe try connected them differently if that's what you wanted, or try to turning the "we didn't understand" after the start of "whispering" to make it flow better if that's what you were going for.

We talked about tomorrow which seemed within grasp

Like anonymous grass beneath the bright sun


"anonymous grass" wouldn't be within grasp? If you don't know who wrote something, the author is considered to be anonymous. Anonymous means something is unknown, so I don't really know how that would work and be within grasp.

And we drifted apart due to our immaturity


I don't see any mention of immaturity anywhere. This came out of nowhere, so I don't know if it sits right; especially with the whole theme that has been building up since the first line. If you could add a bit more to this imagery, that would be helpful.

(I don't have any examples at the moment, sorry.)

Overall, the whole idea of "emotions fading away" is overplayed and overly cliché. I see twenty poems every day with that same idea, and it gets old. Is this a reason to stop writing all together? No, just work towards getting better. There is no getting worse in poetry, so I wish you good luck on your poeting journey!

Good job!

lum




Torres says...


Thank you for your review! I will get better and I hope that you would look forward to it in the future!



User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 49988
Reviews: 701

Donate
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:48 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...



Hey, Forever young here to provide a short review.

Ha ha. This is a great one. I found it quite similar to one of my poems and that is also the reason I liked it more. Whatever, it portrays love. It shows how one is seperated from the other and I think love can be understood more by separation.

Then, we tell us how love is fading with time. Love doesn't actually fade until you see something very bad in the person you love. It remains in every corner of our heart and sometimes it let us know its existence and that is when we cry for that person.

“Like dried flowers the days I’ve spent with you ”
Not sure but I think you should put a full stop after flowers.

Overall, it was awesome and I enjoyed reading it




Torres says...


Thank you!





Welcome



Torres says...


Oh by the way. what is the title of the poem that you've written that is similar to this. I would love to read it.





love




Put me in the fqluote generator. I say wise things.
— RigoTheHacker