z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

A potatoe fanffic

by TheresaSenpai


A thowsand years have past and my brother and I have found the knew poatote master, a poatote rrat chef nomen Franku senpai. Although his rat and poataote restapees were gr8 he still had a lot of laern bee4 he could save teh ppotatoes from the firenation, nico nico rage number 2, and teh titan potatoe. But I beleaf Frank can save the world. But tehn Franku Senpai leaved for another realm to help Lord Chin Chin and rescue Pink Guy or soemthng and all he hda to do was snuf out the saraacha..,’,.,’.,

Because teh Nico Nico Rage and teh tian potatoe destroye d the potatoe vilage; the poatoes moved to MAGikL LAND CALLED SARACCHAHAH SHRIMP. AND IN THUS LADN IT WAS A VIRY NICE SACACCHA HAH SHRIMP SMELLL ALLLLLLLLLLL DE TIEM AND EVRYTHIN WAS GOING ACCODING TO PLAN BUT THEN FRANKU-SENPAI GOT SOME OF THE SACACCHAHAH IN HIS EYE. WHILE THERESA POTATOE AND THE POATOES WERE MOVING IN TO THE MAGIKL LAND OF SACCAHAHAH SHRIMP TTHEY CAME ACROSS THIS 4 WIZARDS WHO WERE APPARENTLLY FROM A GUILD NEAR THE MAGIKL LAND OF SACCHAHAH CALLED MAGNOLIA. AND THUST THERESA POTOATE AND THE 4 WIZARDS OF MAGNOLIA SET ON THEIR NEW QUEST TO FIND THE ALREADY DEAD DRAGON IGNEEL. ADN TTHEN SUDINTLy as the 4 wizard potoates and the KAWAII potatoe Theresa turnt to the nest cornar of whereever they were, they herd it.

“Nico nico niiiiii NICO NICO NIII” THE NICO NICO NAILLLLLL.

They saw IT skepping down the skreet with its supper KAWAII desu uniform as its pony tails wave in the air. werent nico nico rage dead in the fist chatper? JSUT TEHN CUTE DESU POTATOE THERESA TURNT IN TO A MAGIKL GIRK SHE WAVED HER MAGIKL CELESTIAL KEY IN THE AIR AND SKREEMED OUT “OPEN GATE OF THE WATER BEARER AQUARIUS.”

But tehn the key broke and aquarius died.

Adn so becuase Theresa potatoe can not open Aquarius’s key, teh nico nico rage destroy ed the Wall Maraiai of ppotatoe. teh ranbow unycorn Hwin felw oever to KAWAIItheresa potatoe and tehy twogither rided towgither into the knight ski. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 344
Reviews: 2

Donate
Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:45 pm
AnonymousScript says...



Magnificent..."A potato fanffic" is about love. It's about family. It's about home. A searing report of the school idol frontlines...as harrowing as it is heartbreaking.




User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 439
Reviews: 34

Donate
Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:37 pm
JediDeadpool says...



I really enjoyed this. The drama was easily identifiable, and I loved all the references scattered throughout it. Honestly I have never seen this many separate points of reference in one story, and eagerly await the next installment.




User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 750
Reviews: 5

Donate
Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:53 pm
Tecumseh wrote a review...



You open up poetically with an iambic tritameter and a Dan Quayle reference as a masterful metaphor for our education system, and with the nod to Ratatouille as a subtle and effective touch to blame it all on our pop culture, I was hooked. But all that changed when the Fire Nation came in to your introductory paragraph, and at once you were channeling e.e. cummings.

You are the Cy Twombly of literature. Good show, old sport.




User avatar
324 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 324

Donate
Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:38 am
View Likes
Evander wrote a review...



Hey, Theresa! Adrian here for a review. Now, I haven't written one in quite a while so I may be a little rusty at this. Anyway, on with the show!

To be perfectly honest, this was hard to read. The spelling and grammar was poor, the plot difficult to understand, and there wasn't much her in terms of character development. Or even that much in characters at all. When just glancing this over, all I see is excessive caps and poor punctuation. Whether this was intended to be a humorous work or not, it needs some fixing to actually be seen as one. There is a major difference in writing poorly in a way that is funny and writing poorly in a way that is disheartening.

Actually, one thing about excessive caps is that it actually drives potential readers away. I had considered not even glancing through this because the sudden wall of caps hurt my eyes. While capitalization can be shown to portray urgency, it can also jar the reader. And when used too much, it lessens the quality.

This may just be a preference of mine, but typically when you're uploading a fanfic to a site, you want to leave a quick note telling the readers what the fanfic is about, what the source material is, and that you don't own the source material. It's common courtesy. The only reason that I know a little bit about what this story even is, is because I recognize the intro from Avatar: the Last Airbender. But skimming through this, I don't know any of the characters. From what I can gather, Theresa is a self insert and the rest are OCs (original characters). Or maybe this is a crossover with another fandom. Nevertheless, it was confusing to read.

In order to write a good story, you need to establish a setting and a plot. The readers need to at least have some form of connection to the main characters. Since there was a lack in description, I couldn't envision a setting. The grammar and spelling was so poor that it distracted me from whatever could have been considered plot. From what I could understand, the story started in first person and ended in third? Which is incredibly confusing in of itself. There was nothing to indicate the switch.

werent nico nico rage dead in the fist chatper?

Setting the horrible spelling and lack of proper capitalization aside, this still leaves me confused. The work is titled in such a way that leads me to believe that this is a standalone story. However, in breaking the fourth wall, it also leads me to think that there is previous chapter to this that would have been a better introduction. Generally, in publishing, you would want to post the first chapter first, the second chapter second, the third chapter third, and so on and so forth. That allows clarity in reading.

Speaking of clarity, as ForgottenMemories said, this is all over the place. In writing, you want to make sure that the readers will be able to understand it the first time, not the fourth time around after they've lost all hope.

But tehn the key broke and aquarius died.

Uh, what? Why am I supposed to care about this again? What connections do I have to Aquarius? Am I supposed not care about their death at all? Frankly, the suspense leading up to this could have been written better. I'm left sorta disappointed and majorly confused. Here is a link on how to create tension and suspense.

Uh, I'm not sure what else to really say on this other than to keep on writing!

~Knight Adrian






u mad bro?



User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 131
Reviews: 14

Donate
Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:51 pm
View Likes
HopeSummers101 wrote a review...



Hi there! Hope here to review!
First off, you are super creative! Who would think of doing a potato story? You did! Aside from some spelling and grammar errors, your story is pretty great! It's fun, short, and humorous! All of us need a good laugh once in a while. And you do just that. You should do more of these, I really enjoy reading them! Thanks for posting this. Also, was the capitalization on purpose or not? It doesn';t matter, I was just wondering...All in all, great story! I laughed really hard...I'm not entirely sure why but...whatever...:)






Haha everything was on purpose even the terrible spelling xD Glad you enjoyed it!





I did enjoy it!!!! and HAHA to the spelling...that was hilarious!!! :)



User avatar
802 Reviews


Points: 18884
Reviews: 802

Donate
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 am
View Likes
Dracula wrote a review...



Hey, Theresa! I'm going to attempt to review this, but going by the title I think it's going to be something that's not meant to be edited. Am I right? Anyway, here goes...

This confused me at times and it's not even your fault. When you introduced one of your characters as Nico, and then another as Frank, I just couldn't stop thinking of the Percy Jackson world. And then you mentioned the Fire Nation and I thought of Avatar. But this is irrelevant. I shall continue.

Plot wise, you could maybe give a better explanation of why meeting the four wizards resulted in a quest. It skipped from one scene (meeting the wizards) to the next (the quest) without any transition to explain it. So yeah, a better explanation of that is a way you could improve this.

It was cool how you gave this sentence (But tehn the key broke and aquarius died) a whole paragraph to itself. The previous paragraph got me all hyped up and reading at a fast pace, then I read this and I everything slowed down. It was one of those 'ugh... bummer' feelings which I think is what you were aiming for.

Okay, now for a conclusion. It didn't make much sense to me at all. :P But since this is a fanfiction for potatoes I don't think that matters. Thanks for sharing.




User avatar
89 Reviews


Points: 6213
Reviews: 89

Donate
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:33 pm
View Likes
Amnesia wrote a review...



Hi there, ForgottenMemories here to write you a review since this is floating in the abyss of the Green Room.


To be perfectly honest, I don't even know where to begin so I'm just jumping in with both feet.

First off your spelling hurts me. I'm a grammar Nazi and that many misspellings could be intentional but then I'd have to assume that this is written from the point of view of a 2 year old. This in itself makes your work hard to comprehend because it takes the reader longer to read since they're having to decipher what everything says.

Secondly, This is all over the place and makes no sense. It's ridiculous and I'm not trying to be rude or mean but this really should be edited for the sake of knowing what this story says, I'm not going to lie. After I read the first sentence I skimmed your work. That's not a good sign if a reader skips parts because they can't read it.

Hope this helps you

~Memories




lexxxiiii34 says...


That's the point of the story? If you don't like it, don't read it. And since you didn't read the entire thing, then why write a review?



Amnesia says...


Why would i read something i cant make sense of again? please remind me when you became my parent? I can write a review if it helps a writer and thats what this review was for, why comment if your going to get all butthurt?



lexxxiiii34 says...


If you didn't read the entire story, then you don't have a right to review it. Therefore, if I didn't read one of your entire stories, and I gave it a bad review for your grammar, you wouldn't like that?

btw, while we're commenting on grammar,
"...why comment if your going to get all butthurt?"
it's YOU'RE smartie pants.



Vervain says...


Hey, guys, let's not get into this; it's a good-natured piece of constructive criticism, and there's no need to start an argument, right? Mem was simply stating her opinion on the piece, which is exactly what reviews are.





Meh story is amzing.




You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender