z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Left Brain vs. Right Brain

by Tay01


LEFT BRAIN vs. RIGHT BRAIN

Tuesday, January 5th, 2013, 1:00 in the morning, Johnny's Bedroom.

Left Brain: School Tomorrow. I can show off all my knowledge.



Right Brain: How about we give Johnny a little imagination for his future?



Left Brain: No! We must make him study so that I can keep the information for his assessment. Then he can get a job to earn a living.



Right Brain: Don't you know that even with a little creativity, people can succeed in their lives?



Left Brain: No. I was born to support knowledge and logic.



Right Brain: Well, I was born to support the heart and creativity.



Left Brain: But colours and drawings are just a useless imagination.



Right Brain: Well too much logic is boring. And everyone hates boring people.



Left Brain: Oh just make it final! The logic and knowledge wins! We are the aim for life.



Right Brain: Yeah but they are useless without any creativity and fun.





After 20 minutes of non-stop arguing...





Left Brain: Oh my god! You do not get it! Logic is everything! We are used to study.



Right Brain: No! Creativity is everything! We are used to make friends.



Left Brain: You do not know anything! I store information.



Right Brain: No, I know everything! I give imaginations.



Left Brain: NO! You are absolutely wrong.



Right Brain: NO! You are wrong.



Left Brain: YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE MESSING WITH!



Right Brain: YOU THINK THAT I WOULD GIVE UP JUST LIKE THAT? WELL NO!



Left Brain: OH YEAH?



Right Brain: YEAH!



Left Brain: OH YEAH?



Right Brain: YEAH!



Johnny's Soul: You two, go to sleep. It's 1:23 in the morning.





The Next Morning...





Teacher: Johnny, you answer this question.



Johnny: I do not know, teacher. My brains suddenly seem to not work. *pats his head*



Johnny's Soul: I told you to go to sleep.



Left Brain: *yawns* Yes, I won.



Right Brain: *yawns* No, I won.





Arguing starts all over again...





Johnny's Soul: *sighs* There you go again.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
163 Reviews


Points: 5016
Reviews: 163

Donate
Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:31 am
Mysticalxx wrote a review...



Hahaha, I love the novelty of this idea and your humorous style of writing. Though I personally am in favour of Right Brain :D, I agree that Left Brain is also vital to live in this world.
You have portrayed the soul perfectly, as a peacemaker between the two brains. :) (That sounds weird out loud).

Keep it up!

Mysticalxx




User avatar
49 Reviews


Points: 4749
Reviews: 49

Donate
Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:43 pm
Josie98 wrote a review...



Hey there,

haha I think it took me a minute to settle into the humor, not something I usually review on YWS. on the other hand I have a growing affection for it!!! :P

This was pretty god, I enjoyed it, definitely made me laugh right here........ > Johnny's Soul: I told you to go to sleep.


Left Brain: *yawns* Yes, I won.


Right Brain: *yawns* No, I won.




Arguing starts all over again...




Johnny's Soul: *sighs* There you go again.

So yeah keep up the good work, I look forward to reading more!!! :D

Have a great day!!!




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 5
Reviews: 21

Donate
Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:53 pm
RainbowCereal wrote a review...



I really like your sense of humor, for starters XD This was a really cool idea and I like where you went with it, especially the bits with Johnny's Soul and the obvious exasperation that was all in all very amusing.
I just have a few things to recommend: that you change the word 'logical' to simply 'logic'. Logical is an adjective used to describe something that uses logic; here, you used it as a noun "Logical is everything!" where you simply could have used it as the noun: "Logic is everything!" Does that make sense?
Also, I would think of something the left and right brains would bicker about apart from "Creativity is better! No, logic is better!" because, at the risk of sounding like an English teacher, we need reasons why logic or creativity is better. A good argument between the two is as entertaining as the bickering itself; otherwise it reads as repetitive and reflects as laziness on the author's part.
Still, I enjoyed it. ^^ Keep up the good work!




User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 387
Reviews: 10

Donate
Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:56 am
IssacHunt says...



Yeah . . . I don't what happened down there. Sorry.




User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 387
Reviews: 10

Donate
Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:56 am
IssacHunt says...



Yeah . . . I don't what happened down there. Sorry.




User avatar
207 Reviews


Points: 2577
Reviews: 207

Donate
Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:46 pm
Rin321 wrote a review...



This is great! It is like a brain war! Very funny, and I love when it gets to here:
Left Brain: YOU DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE MESSING WITH!
Right Brain: YOU THINK THAT I WOULD GIVE UP JUST LIKE THAT? WELL NO!
Left Brain: OH YEAH?
Right Brain: YEAH!
Left Brain: OH YEAH?
Right Brain: YEAH!
Johnny's Soul: You two, go to sleep. It's 1:23 in the morning.

I was laughing so hard, how Johnny was like, just stop and sleep, it is 1:23 in the morn! It was so funny, and great! and in the end when they fight, poor Johnny's soul sighs! Some times I swear that is going on in my head. This also serves as the kind of thing, where you have the devil and angle on your shoulders! Great job- I loved it! Keep writing!




Tay01 says...


Thank you! I just wanted people to read laugh and like it. Haha.



User avatar
401 Reviews


Points: 1658
Reviews: 401

Donate
Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:26 pm
ThereseCricket says...



Okay, I did like this, but isn't the right side of the brain the logical part, and the left side the creative?




Tay01 says...


No. He Right one is creativity. The left is logical. Haha. Sometimes, I get confused too. Read this:

Left Brain for Logical. Right Brain for creativity. Try to make it easy to remember. L for Logical and Left. R for Creativity? No. So L for L and R for C and LL equals RC no LL opposite RC or maybe L=R? No. LRLC for Laughy Raid Lost Cooking? No Lefty and Righty Longing to Conpete. Left to Right Times Logical to Creativity. GAH!

Confused? Well I am sure. Haha! Test this out yourself.



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 387
Reviews: 10

Donate
Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:14 am
IssacHunt says...






Tay01 says...


Is this a glitch?



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 387
Reviews: 10

Donate
Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:14 am
IssacHunt says...






Tay01 says...


Why is this empty?



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 387
Reviews: 10

Donate
Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:14 am
IssacHunt says...



This is very funny and whimsical!
It actually brings out some nostalgia out of me for one reason or another.




Tay01 says...


hahaha



User avatar
75 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 75

Donate
Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:19 pm
Eldritch says...



Incredible! I totally am loving this! Hahaha! Those bloody parts of my brain are always arguing like that..
Good one.




Tay01 says...


Thank you. You are one of the few that posted a review/comment that makes me happy. Thank you.



Eldritch says...


Totally my pleasure! :D




Act in the valley so that you need not fear those who stand on the hill.
— Danish proverb