Cascading Thoughts

by Sweetsinger

What do you feel when you are alone in your room at night? When the mask of goodness slips off and the demons awake. When you are away from the society, away from the burden and the dramas of the world. When your thoughts unleash and take over you.. What do you feel?

For me, sometimes it is a terrible time and yet full of bliss. My demon awakes and tortures me, the good mask slips off and the evil becomes persuasive and angry for locking it up for so long. My dreams are vivid as a torturous sea of death. The night time makes me feel devoid of any beautiful memories and I am engulfed in the darkness and sorrow. The Greek goddess Nyx unleashes its fury on me and I am left waiting for the dawn that is ever so slow to arrive.

My inner sadness comes out and I feel the anger that is bubbled up inside me to burst and take over me.... I cannot shout because then the whole house will wake and see me in this state which I don't want them to know, so I use pillows to muffle my raging screams and my tears flow...

My demons love darkness, they love the red night light in my room that gives an atmosphere of evil.They use me ,they hurt me, they torture me and I lament under the pain and suffering and yet......

I sleep. I endure the pain for I know The darker the night, the closer the dawn.  I know that although my demons are raging now but there will be a time when my dreams will change and become beautiful as a rainbow and I will receive inner peace and calm for The Greek god Thantos awaits me...to kill my demons and lay me to eternal rest.

Death is ever so peaceful and  blissful.

Homachi wrote a review...

Hey, I'm Homachi. Nice piece.

My thoughts...

At the beginning, I felt like the demons were supposed to be a reference to the humanity in you that drives your quickness to cause evil.

Then I wasn't sure what you were trying to convey any longer. Because the demons became actual entities that you then revolved your sadness about.
I mean at the beginning you mentioned "the mask of goodness". Meaning, you are to be both the demons and the one that wears the mask about.
I also make reference to the second paragraph "the good mask slips off and the evil becomes persuasive".

I loved the idea that you become or are originally a demon but when you dismantled the forces, I got lost.

No doubt, your writing is good but losing the general idea in a sort of dissolution, distorts the whole piece.

Again, when you mentioned "I endure the pain". I was like, wait, I thought it was "full of bliss".
In the end, I was rather confused.
I'm sorry if I laid it out a little flat but
In the end, this is just my opinion.
I'm sorry if I misinterpreted it, if I did.

EverlastingFlame wrote a review...

Hello there, EverlastingFlame is here to review!

Overall thoughts:

First, I would love to say that I enjoyed this piece so much. A range of emotions washed through me as I read it and it was certainly relatable.

What I liked:

-Your first paragraph. It's so beautifully written and brought my images to my head.

-The line: My dreams are vivid as a torturous sea of death. Words cannot describe how much I love this! <3 Such great imagery.

What you could improve:

-The last line. It feels out of place because the last paragraph is talking about seeking the light of life even though there's darkness, right? Correct me if I misinterpreted it.

-The third paragraph. It isn't as strong as the first one at all. There aren't as many literary devices in it and I'm sorry if I'm being rude, but it's a little bland.

-Showing instead of telling. For example, in the first line of your second paragraph, you use the words sadness and anger. Instead of citing those emotions, perhaps you could use some flowery language to describe them. If you don't get what I mean, you can always ask for an example.

That's all I have to say. Great work, I absolutely love it. Don't stop writing!

Sweetsinger says...

Thank you everlasting flame but the last para was certainly misinterpreted by you
It talks about how at last we all find bliss in heaven as we all in the end face the god of death thantos and we and all our demons are finally killed as our souls are measured and our right and wrong are calculated . hope you now got my point and again thanks for your appreciation...

Oh alright. Thanks for clarifying that.

Sweetsinger says...

You are most welcome..

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler