First post

by ShaBird

august 1, 2016

Well I registered for my senior year today. Whoopee I don't see why people make such a big deal about getting out in the real world. I've had a taste of it and I can't wait. High school life sucks. Everyone has drama that they want to drag people into and boys suck. It's worse in a small town where everyone knows everything. I hope this year is better than last year. Growing up has tough me that it is time to let go. Time to move on. 

This is my first post so I'll keep it short and sweet. Please don't hate.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:30 am

Hey Sha, welcome to YWS! I just wanted to let you know that there's a blog function on here, you can find it to the right of the "All Literary" tab and you'll find you can create your very own blog for the most general posts. Although it's also completely okay to post pieces like this on here too - just expect people to post reviews on it and such. ;)

Good luck in your Senior Year! It goes by really fast so my best advice I can give is start looking towards the job market/colleges right away and enjoy a lot of time with your friends, so you can make the most of it.

Also, best of luck in your writing, please let me know if you have any YWS questions and I'll try to assist.

~alliyah

Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:26 am
Ashley123 wrote a review...

First off, welcome to YWS. I hope to read more of your future posts. Anyway, I really loved your first piece. Firstly because of the fact that it was short. :). Anyway, I totally agree with you, school sucks. I mean I'm not in high school yet, but middle has been hard for me. Just because all my friends went to a different school so I basically knew nobody. So now I'm just the shy girl at school, who nobody talks to. Anyway, your post was great. I did notice one typo though.

"Growing up has tough me that it is time to let go. Time to move on." here you put "tough". I feel like you meant "taught" instead.

Anyway, other than that your first post was great. I can't wait to get out of school too. Keep writing and never stop. :)

I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.
— Rudyard Kipling