Drifting

by OldManJenkins

A small piece of paper drifts through the sky

Carried by the wind

aimless

purposeless

And yet it steadily drifts on

Rain, heavy wind, heat, snow

yet the paper dances across the sky

undeterred

The wandering page meets people

some inscribe friendly messages

some crumple the paper up and hurl it back into the unforgiving environment

to be pulled back into the vast, boundless sky

Yet through the relentless weather conditions,

through the cruel crumpling and mistreatment,

through the unrelenting wear and tear it experiences,

the piece of paper drifts through the wild blue yonder

undeterred

Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:08 pm
nishthabawa2896 wrote a review...

I extremely experience the redundancy of the chorale. Its extremely delightful, similar to the slant of the lyric. I can truly feel your affection and it is contacting.

Be that as it may, you can draw out the feeling much more. I live verse on the grounds that, in contrast to composition, it isn't originally separated through the cerebrum; it goes directly to the heart. It can do this since it is so thick and conservative. Each word caries ordinarily the weight if a word in writing. At the present time, your lyric is exceptionally illustrative, which is great, however these portrayals aren't enabling your sonnet to be as thick at it tends to be. My recommendation is that you chopped your sonnet down to the uncovered bone - consider each word each one in turn and choose whether you truly require it. Along these lines, you will dispose of a considerable measure of the cushion and pass on the feeling of the piece much better. I'm not saying to dispose of the portrayals (they're incredible) but instead make them more exact.

Something else you should consider on the off chance that you do wind up keeping this as a rhyming lyric is the length of your lines. To make it stream well with rhyme, they should all be around a similar number of syllables. Regardless of whether you don't wind up making this a rhyming sonnet, I propose separating a portion of the long queues with line breaks. Line breaks are a type of accentuation one of a kind to verse and they include a radical new layer of profundity. A decent place to put them is the place you would normally stop when perusing. To make sense of this I propose you have perused your ballad so anyone can hear and note where you stop. You could likewise have somebody perused it to you and see where they delay. You can likewise put a line break some place that straightforwardly disturbs the stream of words and the manner in which you would normally talk. Along these lines you feature the region after the break and make it emerge in a way that you can't in exposition.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:49 pm
ThePenultimateGinger wrote a review...

Agree with RowannaLynn, "heavy wind" is a bit nondescript. Otherwise, very nice read, could set it to music and would sound genuine, definitely what one looks for in a poem.
d*mn i need more words for this to count as a review blOODy h*eLL.
I like the metaphors, it's very realistic. Other than some descriptive language improvement (doesn't have much to improve on there tbh,) it's good! very lyrical.

Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:44 pm

I like the metaphors, it's very realistic. Other than some descriptive language improvement (doesn't have much to improve on there tbh,) it's pretty good!
(ignore this forgot to mark as an edit fU*k)

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:29 pm
RowenaLynn says...

Hey!
It's pretty cool. I don't really have anything to improve... yeah. Except actually maybe use a better word rather than "heavy wind" if that would maybe make it sound a little better.
See ya later

agreed. Thank you very much for your input.

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton