Home » Literary works » Art » Other

Masjid Hamzah

by MidnightRider

I miss my masjid hamzah more than I miss my friend,

I miss my masjid hamzah: Oh Allah please make this end,

I miss my masjid hamzah due to COVID they say,

But if Allah wants this will go away,

I miss my masjid hamzah it is my second home,

I miss my masjid hamzah the place that I have grown,

I miss my masjid hamzah the place that I would pray,

I miss my masjid hamzah the place that I would play,

I miss my masjid hamzah for hours we would stay,

I miss my masjid hamzah the place that I would spend the day,

I miss my masjid hamzah I miss our favorite cat,

I miss my masjid hamzah in our lap she sat,

I miss my masjid hamzah Shadow was the cat's name,

I miss my masjid hamzah she was our favorite game,

I miss my masjid hamzah I really really do,

I miss my masjid hamzah I hope you do too!

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:34 am
Euphoria8 says...

I love this poem! Back when I was in Saudi I remember going to the Masjids during Ramadhan for Taraweeh prayer so this brought back a whole lot of memories!

I think the only thing I would suggest is to fix the grammatical errors here: there are many places after "I miss my Masjid Hamzah" where commas should've been and in the line, "But if Allah wants this will go away" you'll have to put a comma after "wants" so the line is clear. But if this is just a poem you wrote for fun and not really for something in particular, then don't mind me!

Thanks for sharing and keep growing <3 May Allah bless you and I'll make dua that you'll return to your masjid again!

Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:34 am
Euphoria8 wrote a review...

Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:10 am
rida says...

Wow, nice poem, though you could have removed the removed the repeated sentence at this particular line

It’s a little..... odd. I miss a few places too, but there’s nothing we can do, is there? Except for waiting patiently. It’s ok, bad times will pass.

Thank You So Much!

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
— H. Jackson Brown