Why Do we...?

by MeIsAwesome

Why do we beg to be saved by God when we destroyed the world he created?

Why do we blame him for our wrong doing?\

Why are Humans the worst race in the universe?

Why is that?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Because we are.

HalfheartedAmateur wrote a review...

Interpretations:
First of all, the title - "Why Do we...?"
Broad discussion question starter that I think we all ask ourselves at one point or another. Understandable placement of culture because there are aspects of life where we can ask ourselves why do we in the sense of culture or at least in relations to culture. Interesting choice of placement in dramatic but I think I can acknowledge we can be dramatic when asking why do we due to perhaps an existential crisis or mental breakdown. We tend to question humanity when something bad/negative occurs and we dramatize it to emphasis a foundational point/theme of life. Contemplation and reflection upon why do we is normal, but throughout our time here on this planet called Earth, people may want/need answers to this question, yet sometimes there cannot be one. It's a solid question and intriguing title of a literacy work because the analytical interpretations are seemingly endless and are universally relatable.
Second of all, the first line - "Why do we beg to be saved by God when we destroyed the world he created?"
This is a valid question for those who the aspect of religion is a predominant thing in their life or to anyone in general. This question can be led to super in-depth discussion, but this question makes you sincerely think - there is no immediate answer and no answer may be "right" or "correct." People should be open to listening to others opinions/response to this question because even the Bible can be interpreted in several ways by all people. It's an important question and I think it's interesting to learn about and openly discuss.
Third of all, the second line - "Why do we blame him for our wrongdoings?"
Again, religion is a major play in this particular poem about questioning humanity and the universe.
Fourth of all, the third line - "Why are Humans the worst race in the universe?"
Yes, I realize this was made in 2012, but a brief update = There is no such thing as race. (That statement alone can be argued, I understand, but this statement is crucial to my interpretation of this question. If you want/need evidence, read Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You: A Remix of the National Book Award-winning Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram X. Kendi and Jason Reynolds.) Humans are species, though - homo sapiens. But I think the intent of this question is why are humans the worst in the universe which is an understandable question when questioning life and human choices/decisions.
Fifth of all, the fourth line - "Why is that?"
Just a summary question of the three questions above. Nothing too special or much to interpret out of this, kind of unneeded, but I guess it's to really get it into the readers' head the questions and truly consider them.
Sixth of all, - the fifth through seventh lines of "Why?"
Emphasizing the questions over and over again. Doesn't hold much impact unless written differently such as
Why?
W h y?
W H Y?
or something like that to catch the readers' eyes and attention again, but more and better.
Seventh of all, the eighth and final line - "Because we are."
Going back to my interpretation of the title and response, "people may want/need answers to this question, yet sometimes there cannot be one." Simply the answer just might be "Because we are." It's a succinct/short statement, but it implies so much. How can one short statement say so much? Because it just does.

Review:
Although there are a couple of punctuation/style mistakes (unless you intended for them to be there) and a old-fashioned label that should be changed (in my opinion, of course), this literacy work is filled with in-depth questions alongside seemingly hollow nothingness. It's a solid literacy work, but there could be things done to improve and better it.

- Lil, aka HalfheartedAmateur

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:55 am
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...

Heyy! Forever here with a review!!

First of all, what it actually is. Like it doesn't read like a sjort story at all. It reads more like a poem than a short story. I think you can change it into a poem.

Secondly, I really don't understand why it is put under dramatic. It doesn't read dramatic, at least to me. Culture is perfectly fine but not dramatic. It doesn't have the slightest drama. If you don't get any genre to put it into just put it under general or none.

Thirdly, I do wonder about the formatting. Like it doesn't have any uniformity in it. The first line is long, the second is shorter, the third is a bit long, the foutth is much shorter, tge next three lines are even more shorter and the last line is a bit longer than the fourth line. You see, there is no pattern. Obviously, you don't always need to have a pattern but I do think the poem's pattern seems to be a bit off and doesn't really make much sense. I will just suggest to give it s definite pattern to make the flow better.

Now with the idea of the poem, I think it was quite good. Like it points out why we blame God for all the consequences of our deeds, wrong deeds specifically. The poem actually made me think about it which is quite a good point when it comes to any piece of writing. I just wonder about the last line. Because we are. What did u really mean by it? We are what? Does that somehow indicates the state of being? Or maybe does that somehow compare humans to God? I wonder about it. The last line provides the answer to all the questions raised in the poem. The start with wh words was quite thoughtful and the questions made the readers think.

Overall, the idea of the poem was marvelous but about the poem and the structure, it just needs some polishing.

Keep Writing!!

~Forever

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:37 pm
Djinn wrote a review...

"Why you? Why anybody?" - famous quote from Slaughterhouse 5. I like how you started each line started with 'Why' so the last line stands out from the rest. I think you have a good idea but you do need better execution. I'm guessing this is a type of poetry so I'll allow for some creative licence but, really, I think you could take this idea and do alot more. Because of your question I really think that if you make a strong rythm it would really help. Again, I really liked the idea! Keep writing ;)

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:56 pm
manisha says...

ahh...the naked truth we all try so very hard to hide.

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown