To Sit on a Cloud Up in the Sky

by MayCupcake

When it rains,
The world comes to life.
A vibrant green sustains
As foliage grows without advice.

Oh, how I wonder what it feels to fly.
To sit on a cloud
Up in the sky.

When it snows,
There's wonder and magic.
The wind continues to blow
With a cold, peaceful and tragic.

Oh, how I wonder what it feels to fly.
To sit on a cloud
Up in the sky.

When it hails,
Take shelter and hide
For the weather always prevails.
So, watch on a cloud in the sky.

Fri May 28, 2021 10:37 am
hayisa wrote a review...

This is my first time reviewing a poem and in this site. Therefore, everything I say from this point on is completely my thoughts and opinions, so take everything I type with a grain of salt.

First of all, I like how this is short and simple; nothing very complicated. To me, the poem described the essence of rain, the wonder of the snow, and an imaginary life with the clouds. Although it's a good poem, I can't help but feel that some kind of impact is missing.

"When it rains,
The world comes to life."

Nice introduction. I like how it's worded out. Because rain is actually essential to humanity in many ways. Drought has killed a lot of people.

"A vibrant green sustains
As foliage grows without advice."

This is a good way to describe leaves and plants. Thumbs up!

MayCupcake says...

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

LizzyTyler wrote a review...

Good Morning/Evening/Night!

Wow! That was such a good poem! I love the theme and feeling of freedom the poem entails. My favorite line was the repeated

“Oh, how I wonder how it feels to fly/To sit on a cloud/Up in the sky”

The only thing I would change, would be in the lines

“When it snows/There’s wonder and magic/The wind continues to blow/With a cold, peaceful and quiet.”

The words magic, and quite don’t rhyme. But in all the other stanzas, the second and last line rhyme, or have something very close.

Other than that, it was a great poem, and I hope to see more of your work around!

Happy writing!

-Lizzy

MayCupcake says...

Thanks for the review! And thank you! I actually wasn't trying to make every line rhyme, but I guess it sort of does with "life" and "advice" and "hide" and "sky", but not so much "magic" and "quiet" lol. So, I see what you mean. Despite that, I think the snow stanza still flows well. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for how it could be reworded!

LizzyTyler says...

Perhaps try rhyming Magic with Tragic? Like, %u201Cwhen it snows/there%u2019s wonder and magic/when the wind blows/It%u2019s quiet and tragic%u201D perhaps? In the end, it%u2019s all up to you. Good luck! :)

MayCupcake says...

Yeah, I was thinking about tragic. I'll write that down somewhere and get back to it. Thanks so much for the input!:)

LizzyTyler says...

Of course!

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault