z

Young Writers Society


12+

1,000 Hands

by LadyShadows


Every dark night

When it’s absent of light,

They are set free

To torture you and me.

~~~

They come from a darkened land,

Reaching with a thousand hands

To fill our minds with fear;

We aren't safe, my dear.

~~~

The shadows will shroud

With their silky black cloud.

Their darkness will touch you;

The nightmare has come true.

~~~

Voices echo from a hall

As they reach from a nearby wall.

A thousand pinching, gripping hands,

Reaching from an unseen land.

~~~

Every dark night,

When it’s absent of light,

They are set free

To torture you and me. 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
38 Reviews


Points: 102
Reviews: 38

Donate
Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:00 pm
View Likes
ElvenJedi says...



I would write a review on this, but in my opinion, there's not much to criticize. I thoroughly enjoyed this poem, I love the fantasy feel to it. The simple short lines and simple rhymes give it an eerie feel to it, absolutely amazing! Great job on this piece and I hope you'll post more of your works soon!




User avatar
276 Reviews


Points: 16802
Reviews: 276

Donate
Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:47 pm
rosette wrote a review...



Hello Lady, I hope you are doing well. This was quite an interesting poem and I will admit, I re-read it about 23 times. Overall, in my opinion, the rhyme scheme was fine, the story told well and I only had a question mark over my head on one part:

Voices echo from a hall

As they reach from a close by wall.


I understand what you are implying here. They are reaching from a wall that is close to the victims. Buuut (of course, there's a but) I think you could use a better word here such as nearby or something like that. Do you see??? Alright, I'll assume you do. I'm not much of a reviewer of poetry so this was simple and sweet and short .

Have a fantastic day,
The Kid




LadyShadows says...


Thank you. This review seemed pretty useful. Thanks. I may just edit this and use what you had said. :) Sounds more 'flowy' in that sense.



User avatar
200 Reviews


Points: 60
Reviews: 200

Donate
Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:31 pm
kman134 wrote a review...



Hi. this is kman134. i'm her to review your work.

first off, this was very haunting and very descriptive. honestly, as an adamant believer in string theory, i can say that i believe the shadow people exist. their ominous and stalker-ish appearance that observes and follows you where ever you go, and if you're not careful, they will take you and do inhumane and horrific things to you.

the emotion and tone of the poem was very macabre and horrific. it's a very good horror poem. Edgar Allen Poe and H.P.Lovecraft would be somewhat proud, but still judgmental in your fic.

Anyways, it's pretty good. i hope you can write more.




Aleta says...


I'm on the borderline of if shadow people or real or not, but I think it's cool someone has the same interests!



LadyShadows says...


Thank you for the comments and reviews guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)



User avatar
51 Reviews


Points: 3240
Reviews: 51

Donate
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:14 am
LadyShadows says...



Note: I am fully aware that the poem may have some formatting issues. The publishing center was not cooperating with me at all. If you have tips for that then please tell me. Thanks!





To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn