Trust me, not? (Part 5)

by LadyMysterio

She caught a punch, flipped her taser out and stunned him, he dropped to the ground. Another wrapped an arm around her neck, she latched onto his arms and flipped him over her, then swung a leg, tripping others.

“I have five people trying to kill me right now any ideas!” She shouted at Eden

"It's more like eight.”

“Oh sorry, I wasn't specific enough.”

“Your bike is in that corner is that is any help.”

She jumped over a thug, kicking him in the process, and landed, tucking into a roll. She then hopped on her bike, helmet on and revered her engine, looking at remaining men, “It's been a pleasure,” She took off leaving them in a cloud of diesel smoke.

“Eden, take me to Agent Lycroan. ”

"All Agents, our firewalls are down, our network has been crashed, files are gone, I activating level ten," Director Krono’s voice rang through her ear and every other agent out there.

After following Eden directions, she spotted him on the highway ”Gotcha,”

Now I just need to wait.

She followed him for a few more miles.

I wonder where he's going, we are way out of town.

She noticed an off-road, “Eden where does that go?”

“It follows the highway for a few minutes before reconnecting."

She sharply turned on it and matched Theron's speed. She pulled out her handgun and aimed.

She fired, and her opponent’s bike immediately spun out of control.

She skidded back onto the highway. Her tires screeched to a stop as she braked a few feet away from where Theron's bike was lying. Bits of what had been the back tire was lying everywhere. He was sprawled on his back a few feet away from the bike, his leg twisted unnaturally.

Once she got off her bike he was leaning against his.

He laughed, weakly as he spotted her, “That was quite a show, shooting my tire like that.”

She knelt and grabbed his shirt collar, "I suppose you want me to congratulate you on successfully, crashing our entire network, and leaking everything in it. Why?!”

“I don't have anything to lose, they ruined my life, I was their top agent, I was the best, and they fired me because I ignored one order! That man deserved to die!”

“Am I included in “they.” What about me? You were my friend, my trusted Ali ” Tears were running down her face, tears of rage.

“You,” He chuckled as a trickle of blood ran down his cheek “You’re too trusting, why do you think I picked you, I could get on your good side easily, your loyalty will be the end of you.”

She closed her eyes briefly and breathed. Suddenly she was thrust back against the bike, a gun barrel pressed to her chest. Theron was leaning on one arm, sitting with his hurt leg out, the other arm holding the gun, an evil grin plastered on his face, his jaw clenched in pain. “You know, you weren't so bad, but I can't risk anything ” He saw her open her mouth “Call for Eden, and you won't make it past her name”

She grabbed the gun handle, “Don't do this,”

Messenger wrote a review...

Hey, MEssy here again

WHoooooooa. Hooold up, park the bus, pause the movie!!! This is so fast. Okay, let's work through it a little slower.

1) The fight scene at the beginning is interesting. I like the first sentence throwing us straight into the action. The combo of hand-to-hand with a taser is cool as well. But I can't help but feel that this a big character growing opportunity that you skipped. Lysandra is supposedly a really good, top agent, right? Prove it! 1 on 8, let's see her work some magic and pummel these guys. If she's leaving to catch up to Theron, make that more evident, because as it is, she just looks like she's running, which is fine if it's because she can't take them, but you almost immediately have her pull off a crazy pistol shot, making her seem much more than a simple agent. It just all conflicts.
2) Make this chase a bigger deal. Let's have a real chase. Let's have Lysandra weaving through traffic, dodging cars, all the while trying to control her emotion of being betrayed AND at the same time also learning that her entire agency is in jeopardy. There's so much stuff I like going on here, but now you need to fill in all the gaps. Because all of a sudden when she catches up to Theron she's crying and mad, but where was all of that before?
3) There's some confusing things going on here. The whole part where she puts on her headpiece and they're talking about the agency being leaked confused me. Who's speaking? How does she know it's Theron? How did he even do it if he was sleeping? Why did he wait for Lysandra to come back if he was just going to run right when she showed up in the alley?
4) Theron - so he feels betrayed? I'm confused? Did I miss some stuff in the first couple of chapters? And how on earth does he get a gun pressed up against Lysandra is she's right up in his face. And for all things good, why is Lysandra closing her eyes? Like, I find that hard to accept that a top agent would do that in this situation.
I like the ending line though. Good tension.

Hope this helps,
Messy

Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:53 pm
Dreamy wrote a review...

What?! No, not Theron!

I remember Theron leaving the scene but I thought he was leaving and being his goofy self! I think you could have specified how Lysandra figured it was him who broke the firewall. As a reader, I did get the general idea but I feel like you could have built up the mystery for the major reveal. Especially since the guy seemed good. I have mentioned this in my previous reviews as well, some of the revels are hastily done and it is sort of ruining the "shocker" value that this story has and it has a lot of shocking reveal. So I'd suggest you pace out your chapters, club the chapters and scenes wherever necessary.

This chapter needs some heavy editing. The letters are not capitalised after the full-stop, names are missing letters.

“Am I included in “they”, what about me, you were my friend, my trusted Ali ” Tears were running down her face, tears of rage.

"Am I in included in "they"?! What about me? You were my friend, my trusted ally!"

She grabbed the gun handle “Don't do this”

...gun handle, "Don't do this."

Here, did she whisper or exclaim? Describing her emotions here would be a nice way to end the chapter, I think. Otherwise, you have done a good job as always. Keep writing!

Cheers! :D

LadyMysterio says...

haha thank you so much, it seems every chapter, there are more errors, this is the reason I am on YWS.

Dreamy says...

You are very welcome! Yes, the more you write, the more you figure out where you need to work harder. I have the habit of posting as soon as I finish writing something without reading through them for typos. But now I'm slowly changing it, I'd suggest you to do the same. :D

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:30 am
TheRedPencil wrote a review...

Hi!
First let me just say that I'm hooked. This story draws you in and I gotta know more.

There are only two little things that I could nitpick.

The first is the first sentence. It is super incredibly hard to catch a punch. You not only have to be quick enough to get your own hand in the path of your opponent's but you also have to have the strength to stop the whole force of the punch (the weight they throw behind it and the momentum it picks up). Having the strength to catch a punch and stop it fully is pretty rare especially if it's a man throwing a punch at a woman. A more realistic approach would be to have your female lead block the punch.

Example:
She threw her arm up to block the punch, grabbed his arm and twisted savagely. The click of her taser paired well with his high pitched scream as she shoved it into his chest. His unconscious body hadn't hit the ground before another man's arm wrapped around her neck and wrenched her away.

If your lead is superpowered or just a very aggressive bodybuilder then totally go for the catching of the punch, but they'll have to readjust their grip in order to be able to twist their opponent's arm enough to cause them pain. Hand on fist you can only twist someone else's arm as much as yours will twist: If you are causing them pain, you're also causing yourself pain.

The second is the scene when your lead shoots the back tire of the bad guy's motorcycle causing him to crash it off the side of the highway. If someone is on a bike and it spins out so much that the back tire shreds, even if the back tire already has a hole in it from a gunshot, then when they do crash they won't be able to move around let alone hold a girl hostage.

After any crash there is always a minute or two of confusion, especially if you flying off a bike and hit your head. The superpowered character applies here too, if they're above human in any way then totally go for it, but if they're just an average human then they won't be coherent by the time your lead pulls up next to them. Maybe after a few more minutes of dialogue he can become coherent enough to pull a gun on your lead, but immediately after a crash on a bike no one human would be able to.

Hope this helps! And totally feel free to just ignore this, this is your story, write it how you need it to be written.

LadyMysterio says...

Awesome thank you so much. I am still trying to figure out writing fight scenes and your commentary has helped a lot.

LadyMysterio says...

Also you mind if i use the sentence you did as am example...... I I did I would change it a bit, but i still wanted to ask

TheRedPencil says...

Totally feel free to use it and change whatever you like about it! I meant it as a building block so I'm honored that you'd want to use it!

Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:10 am
LadyMysterio says...

@Dreamy I know you are curious about what happens next so I though I would tag you.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.