z

Young Writers Society



"Arrogance and Ignorance" revised!

by Kilty


Right. I deleted everything. Administrators go ahead and delete it.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
863 Reviews


Points: 2090
Reviews: 863

Donate
Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:25 pm
Griffinkeeper says...



I think she is deleting all her work because she is leaving YWS. It's over something real stupid, a bad review.




User avatar
221 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 221

Donate
Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:40 am
Elelel says...



*is confused* Why did you delete it if you've got 4/4 interesting votes and you want it revised ... I would have revised it, but it's gone now so I can't.


Wait ... did I miss something?




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 40

Donate
Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:44 am
Kilty says...



It's revised! Please read!




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 40

Donate
Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:03 pm
Kilty says...



Thanks for the advice!

The nobles are like her advisors, and they share her fortress. I'll go back and make it more clear.

The repeated blows is something I had earlier had in the story, but I dunno. It just ended up like it is.

In the original version, he takes quite a while longer to decide, but I like the idea of him coming back to the cave. I don't want it to take too long though, because I want his decision to be more like rashly decided idiocy in trying to save his queen.

I'm glad that you think it has potential, and your comments will help me a lot in making this story interesting.




User avatar
863 Reviews


Points: 2090
Reviews: 863

Donate
Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:50 pm
Griffinkeeper wrote a review...



It seemed like it had a slow start. You may have taken too long to introduce Aireleas, in my opinion. I'm also a little confused about the use of the term "nobles." Are they nobles because they are rich and cultured? Or are they more like advisors? The way they act doesn't quite match with the common perception of nobles. If it is different, you should do well to explain that difference.

It would also be pretty dramatic if it took several repeated blows before the fire came into full being.

In addition, why don't you have him take much longer to make his decision, or have him come back to the cave to give his answer.

It has potential and it strikes me that it has potential to become something special.

Interesting.




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 40

Donate
Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:17 pm
Kilty says...



Thanks for voting! I'm glad you find it interesting.

I'll probably post more. Why?

I'd like to revise it so it sounds better. This is just the "off the top of my head" version cos I can't get my bloody laptop to connect to the internet. My laptop has the original version that is a thousand times better.




User avatar
506 Reviews


Points: 9907
Reviews: 506

Donate
Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:11 pm
Sureal says...



I voted 'interessting' ;).

I'm curoius - are you posting up any more of this?





Well, the only way to start is by starting
— AvantCoffee