BlackLagomorph Character art

by KayB

Find more of my art here http://whiterabbitslaughing.deviantart.com/

GD design

GD Design 2.0 by WhiteRabbitsLaughing

Oggy Interactions... Oggy, as you probably guessed is the tiny one eyed creature. In panel 1 is Mkylem, 2 Palmer, 3 Oleander and 4 is GD. I just wanted to draw one of my characters interacting with some of the others.

Oggy interactions by WhiteRabbitsLaughing

Oleander Ref... I gave him a flower shaped birthmark because I got the name Oleander from nerium oleander, which is a kind of flower.

Oleander ref by WhiteRabbitsLaughing

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:13 am
demoncat wrote a review...

Hello I'm demoncat here for a review.

I really like this. It really makes me myself want to draw. It's really inspiring. I do wonder about how the skull is shaped though. Also might I ask is that just paper and pen or did you use something else? Like what brand did you use to create this? I mean even the paper itself looks cool but that could just be he fact that your drawing is amazing! Please draw more this is awesome!

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:17 am
noelani2004 says...

This is very awesome and unbelievable to know that an actual person drew this. I really think you should turn this in to some big company and see if they like it too.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:28 pm
RadicalCarrot wrote a review...

This art is incredible! I love the line work a lot. The characters are interesting. They seem to have very small color palettes which I think is a good choice considering the way they look and with your art style. I'd love to know more about your characters! The seem fascinating. I also have a soft spot for other species.

Keep up the awesome work!

- RC

Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:14 am
hipstersquid wrote a review...

Hello there, It is I the hipstersquid coming at you with a art review.

I really like the line work on these. Oggy is my favorite I must admit. And I also like how you added side notes to me that helps more with description and helps my imagination. I wish I could do digital art but I lack the resources so I must stick to good ol' pen and paper. You have incredible art skills than you for sharing these!!!

KayB says...

Thank you. :)

Ohh! Some art! I'm actually really excited to review this since there isn't a ton of art posted to YWS.

1st selection of the skull person: I think this could use a bit more shading to show differentiation in distance between the muzzle and the main face although it is a really nice beginning sketch. Also the scales on the body look really interesting but the face appeared sort of skinless/appeared as if a skeleton. Some color would remedy this, or more distinct scales on the face unless the face is meant to be skinless.

2nd selection of multiple characters:
I adore this page! Here the emotion in the characters just jumps off the facial expressions and interactions, I'd love more description on what's happening but it's a cute set-up. Top right is a bit boxy in the body on most-right character. But the two on the left have more natural body shapings.

3rd selection of Oldeander person:
Again the formal wear looks a bit boxy in the knees and torso on the most right, but besides that everything looks fairly natural and I enjoy the little descriptions you have around the drawing. The detail about the inner teeth is really interesting and unique. I also like the movement in the hair. The nose could possibly be a bit more detailed/shaded but the eyes are very striking.

Nice work here! I enjoyed seeing what you created!

~alliyah

KayB says...

I'm aware of how boxy the shapes are, and I'm particularly bothered by the the shape of their bodies in the 2nd panel and how long I made Oleander's legs. I too lazy to fix though. Thank you for the constructive criticism. :)

Birdman wrote a review...

Hey there KayB. Birdman dropping by to help rescue your work from the green room.

I think that you might want to go more in the direction of doing an art and photography thread for this. I'm assuming that you don't really want reviews on the drawings themselves but maybe more on the character descriptions. The drawings are pretty good and I like the slightly cartoonish style that you're working with here, it's very cute at some points.

I kinda laughed at the one piece of dialogue that your had up there in the second panel. Don't really know if you intended it to sound that way, but dead bodies everywhere seems like it has a but of sarcasm in it. And then there's the darker tone, so I'm not really sure if I should be reacting this way to it or not.

This is just a short amount of general comments about your pieces because I'm not sure how to accurately review this. The drawings are good and the special notes you made around them were very useful to me. I wasn't sure of the distinction on external fangs but I now want to find out how the external fangs are involved in the story. (I am of course assuming there's some sort of story to go along with this.)

That's really all I had to say. Hope the next person can serve you a bit better.
Good luck.
Birdman out.

KayB says...

I new here so I don't really understand what you mean by art thread, but thank you. :)

Birdman says...

This should help you out.
Art and Photography Forum

We do have funerals for the living. They're called birthday parties.
— Jill Biden (fictitiously), Hope Never Dies