z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Struggle

by Kajka


Dreaming, I am, for it can't be true,

AloneĀ in my mind, the delusion grew.

Judgment, upon me, my life is confined,

A simple mistake had made me go blind.

No more disputes, your verdict is set,

A promise remains, you mustn't forget.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 6
Reviews: 3

Donate
Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:24 pm
RedEyedRunt says...



This is amazing



Random avatar
Kajka says...


Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :)



User avatar
377 Reviews


Points: 119
Reviews: 377

Donate
Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:30 pm
Snazzy wrote a review...



Hello! :D
Snazzy here to review your WONDERFUL poem! :)

"A simple mistake has made me go blind.
No more disputes, your verdict is set,
A promise remains, you mustn't forget."

I love this ending, but you switch 'persons' in the last two lines. Though I don't know how you could revise it to make it sound better.... :D

"A promise remains, you mustn't forget."

This is a beautiful ending, almost, sinister...creepy...I don't know. :) It's just AWESOME! :D I agree with kingofeli, a 9/10 on this! :D Great job, and keep writing! :D :)
~Snazzy



Random avatar
Kajka says...


Thank you ! :)



Snazzy says...


Yep! :D :)



Random avatar

Points: 249
Reviews: 21

Donate
Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:29 pm
ObserverxD wrote a review...



First of all I must say I'm happy you decided to write something longer than two-liners (I'm not saying that two-liners are bad - just not my cup of tea).
This particular work is also one stanza long but it gives (in my opinion) a stronger mental picture( and also in my opinion that's what poems are supposed to do)
I like the rhyming patterns, great work on your interpunctions as they contribute greatly to the whole impression of it.
The subject of the poem is something most people can relate to descibed in somewhat extreme measures.

Overall it's a step in the right direction and I hope I'll see more of this kind of work from you in the future.
Keep up the good work,
ObserverxD



Random avatar
Kajka says...


Thanks ObserverxD for your review!

I'm glad we think alike.. :)



User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 1044
Reviews: 60

Donate
Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:53 pm
View Likes
kingofeli wrote a review...



I really enjoy the way you wrote this poem. Acrostics are hard to write to begin with, as are poems that rhyme, but you managed to stick the two together in a way that is, quite frankly, awesome! It's short, sweet, and to the point.

I looked up the word it ended up spelling, "dajana", and found this: "dajana. A girl who smiles all the time, making you want to smile as well. Only opens up to her nearest and dearest." Going off of that, it seems like this poem is describing a girl like that who opened up to the wrong person and ended up getting hurt. That's my interpretation of it, anyway.

I didn't notice any big grammar or spelling mistakes, but I'd suggest that at the end of each line without a period, you put a comma. It makes the poem flow better and read easier.

This is a good poem, and your works continue to improve. I give this one a 9/10. Keep on writing!



Random avatar
Kajka says...


Hey! Thanks for your review!
Dajana is actually a name of my ex girlfriend so.. yeah.. The poem is actually about me and my idiotic mistakes... But your interpretation is really interesting. I was thinking of putting commas and decided not to. But now when I think of it, it does really improve the flow. Editing it right now!
Thanks a lot! :)



kingofeli says...


No problem! Ah, thanks for the backstory. You might want to put that in at the end, just so people don't get confused ^^ I'm glad you enjoyed my interpretation though! I'm interested to see what else you can come up with.




I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright