12+

I Like Sunrises

by Jimmeniah

The dauntless striking colours ground me, 

pull me in.

The calm power of the horizon warms me.

If I could bathe at its heart,

could all my mistakes be burned away?

For a brief moment,

I am lost to the moment.

The beauty of the world plucks out my mind's eye.

For in the now, I am merely the universe experiencing itself.

Who I am, and what I feel becomes so small,

so insignificant.

That,

is an odd comfort.

Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:22 am
Mikatsune wrote a review...

Hi, Mika here for a quick review/comment!

Sunrises truly are a spectacular sight. In fact, I don't like em, I love em! They're warm, pretty and just make the world feel so open, so peaceful. Darkness vanishes when the sun rises, and that's what I truly love about them. And the words you use and the way you have written this poem is so powerful, meaningful, relatable and it really speaks to me. Especially the last part. Gazing at the sunrise (sometimes through sunglasses :) ) really makes me feel small, in an oddly comforting and calm way. This is just my opinion but it makes everywhere else so big. it makes me feel like less than a fraction of the earth. Honestly, my opinions are weird! Anyways, thank you for the good read! Lovely poem! Bye for now, have a great day/night/afternoon and I hope you catch sights of more beautiful sunrises!!

Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:26 am
KocoCoko wrote a review...

Hiya! Koco here!
I really loved this poem! Each word felt very heavy and emotional, in a good way! It portrays the sunset as something otherworldly and beckoning, or a masterful piece of art. It does a great job of portrayed the speaker's sheer awe.

so insignificant.
That,
is an odd comfort.

Definitely my favorite line. It's just a truth that most don't about. Amazing sights can make you feel like simplg a watcher in a huge world in such a comforting way. The line's simplicity really makes it wonderful to read.

Over all, I loved this piece! Bravo :)

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White