Home » Literary works » Other » Politics

Capitalism Pros and Cons

by JJDodd

Capitalism

Definition of Capitalism:

An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

Fundamentally without any sources of the internet or using a dictionary Capitalism is a political ideology of where people believe market trading, industries and produce should be powered by profit and run by individuals.

Pros and cons of Capitalism

Pros

The advantages of Capitalism are of the following:

. The costs of production will be much less since there is significantly higher control

. Consumer’s choice will be put into aspect when being sold on the market whether economy wise or quality of the produce

. The unemployed rate will be lower. Due to people being driven by profit, businessmen will have it much easier when employing the unemployed. This will also boost economy in countries.

. Qualities of goods will be higher

. It will guarantee economic freedom.

Capitalism is used in many first world or developed countries especially in the Western world. The idea of Capitalism is that if you give more to society then the more you get back. (e.g. If you are a doctor you will average about £150,000 since they are benefiting society greatly and when talking about doctors collectively it creates a huge impact on the population. On the other hand, if you are unemployed and doing nothing for society and living on benefits then you will earn nothing than the exception of maybe government funding). Capitalists believe that this way of society is almost like a cycle. The rich employ the poor. The poor become rich.

Cons

The disadvantages of Capitalism are of the following:

. There will be class conflicts. (Lower Class, Middle Class, Upper Class, Etc)

. There will be imbalance and uneven distribution in a population’s economy

. Talents tend not be recognised in the business world if someone is of a lower class

. Employment rates tend to alter making it not too efficient.

. Increase of commodity

Capitalism is also very controversial. The public who want a more socialist movement usually complain about the fact of unfair distribution of economy. Socialists usually believe that Capitalism is a way for the rich to get richer and the poorer to get poorer. Socialists believe that no matter what job or how much you benefit society everyone should get similar wages. When Capitalism is put into place effectively it is inevitable, whether officially or not officially, there will be different classes such as a lower class, a middle class or an upper class. This will result in conflict over time and in Capitalist countries there are ongoing arguments and debates on whether Capitalism is really the way to go in a time like 2019. There are so many different opinions and so much being broadcasted on the media about equality and social democracy. Is Capitalism still the way to go?

By JJ Dodd

P.S I believe in Capitalism and I tried to be as fair as I could trying to give a balanced judgement on this issue. :D

seekingthetruth wrote a review...

hi seeking the truth here to give you an awesome review , I too love politics and belive in captilaism so when I read your title I just had to read it becuase it was the ideal resource I have been looking for. you go into great detail about the pros and cons whivh I think is a good choice as we as the reader can see that thier even when capitalism is logicly the better solution intstead of communism but that it still faces some problems.

congrats and I look forward to reviewing some more work from u in the fututr.

yours

seeking the truth

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:55 pm
Elinor wrote a review...

Hey JJ!

Elinor here to give you a review. I enjoyed reading this essay and thought that it was a timely and relevant issue. I was curious to know if you'd written this on your own or if it was for a class. I enjoyed how the pros and cons were very clearly defined. That mostly avoided putting your personal opinion into this I think works well for this essay.

I think the end, if it's still included, could be expanded upon. There are many cons to socialism as well, and many instances of its failed implementation throughout history. You could touch on these, or you could keep the focus squarely on capitalism. It depends on the feeling that you want to evoke in the piece.

I also thought the structure was a little unclear to me, as it didn't really feel like a complete essay or a listicle. I would expand on it if I were you by making the paragraphs a b it more cohesive and possibly adding some historical and current examples.

This is a topic I'm very interested in, so please feel free to reach out with questions!

Best,
Elinor

JJDodd says...

Thanks for the feedback! I will put what you said into consideration for next time and I am not doing it for school I just really enjoy politics!

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:46 pm
silvermoon17 wrote a review...

Hello JJ!
First of all.. cHaNgE aVaTaR!! It literally bLoWs my MiNd
Anyways..
I understand capitalism is an interesting subject.. but even though your ideas are kinda interesting, I think you could’ve been much more creative, by expanding your work to a poem, or even a story! I understand it’s not all that easy, but think about it. Using the text you’ve written in bold, your subject can find a rhythm easily in poems, and in stories well.. I’m sure there’s a nice way of doing it. Lots of great stories do that, and the great thing is, they never even have the word capitalism in them. I’d also like to now the motif behind capitalism.. pure interest? Because of a school subject? Because you made a presentation? Because you want to work with something to do with it? I’d really like to know what inspired you. Who knows.. maybe that’ll be an inspiration for when you’ll do a poem/story out of it. You should also try using a catchphrase at the beginning. It can be something frightful, or something true and horrifying. That’s why the idea of a story is great, because your debate can take place; and you get to put that catchphrase subjects about capitalism so badly need. Even though capitalism is not something I either admire or hate, I like the way you made vague, overall views about each problem/advantage. It really helps us give our own views.

JJDodd says...

I wIlL cHaNgE aVaTarR.
Thanks man. Yes although I am not into creative writing too much and I am into more structured pieces I will definitely one day try something like that because I know it definitely will spark interest for maybe people who are not too knowledgeable about the subject. Thanks for the comment. I really appreciate it.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:10 am
JJDodd says...

Tell me what you guys think!

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp