Bridge Guard Guideline Memo (Revision #15)

by GrinningMan

Guidelines for Operation:

1. If there are two lights, and both are on, there is no cause for alarm.
  2. If there are two lights and only the left is on, there is no cause for alarm.
  3. If there are two lights and only the right is on, do not approach, contact maintenance.
  4. If there are four lights and all are on, do not approach, contact foreman.
  5. If there are four lights and the two closest to you are off, do not exit your post, contact security detail.
  6. If you cannot see any lights, contact security detail, contact maintenance, contact foreman. DO NOT contact these details out of order. DO NOT leave your post.
  7. If you are outside during any event, do not enter your post, await security detail.
  8. If maintenance does not answer within the allotted time of [2 minutes, 20 seconds], DO NOT exit post, alert foreman.
  9. If security detail does not answer within the allotted time of [1 minute, 30 seconds], alert foreman.
  10. If maintenance is currently working upon arrival, do not approach them, only enter your post.
  11. If security detail is currently working upon arrival, do not approach them, do not approach your post. Leave premises, you will be notified by the foreman when you may return.
  12. DO NOT, under any circumstances, initiate conversation with either security detail or maintenance unless spoken to.
    1. DO NOT allow conversation to exceed the allotted time of [11 minutes, 6 seconds]
    2. If either details speak a language you do not recognize, leave, alert foreman, await further instructions, put distance between you and your post.
  13. If your post is unlocked upon arrival, DO NOT enter. Alert security detail.
  14. If your post is locked and you do not have a key, DO NOT use the key hanging on the door, wait for maintenance, alert foreman.
    1. If the key is on the ground, alert security detail, alert foreman.
  15. Finally, under no circumstances are you to leave your post during operation for whatever reason. Failure to comply with these rules may result in injury, death, or other possible issues to not only you, but other personnel.
  16. In the event of an emergency, stay calm, hide, and contact the foreman. If the foreman does not answer, there is nothing more we can do for you. DO NOT contact security. DO NOT contact maintenance. DO NOT contact any populace outside our personnel. For your own sake, DO NOT look at or use any electronics.

Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:13 am
keystrings wrote a review...

Hello there! I’m popping in to give a quick review on this unique work of yours.

There’s not too much to really critique on this, but I would like to go over the apparently eerie tone in this memo. This reminds me a little of the Five Nights at Freddy’s games with how specific some of these instructions are and how a few seem rather odd. I’m assuming this could be a portion of a later project, something of a novel in the making, and if so, I think there is a very interesting vibe within these words.

One suggestion I would give is to maybe show little pieces of previous revisions, along with the newly made list itself, such as having strikethroughs or even italics and bolded words to have certain stuff truly stand out. Other than that, I’m always interested in the storyline behind things, so having even a peak at what this memo really is meant to show would be really neat.

Of all of them, the conversation line gives a rather weird taste, going over how long each customer should be given. I wonder what has happened when the limit has gone over. The electronics line was also a really interesting one since it seems like a normal job may allow access to technology and things like that.

This was quite unique! It certainly belongs in its own category. Nicely done.

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:18 pm
parachutes wrote a review...

Good afternoon, parachutes here! Hope you are having a lovely afternoon!

This piece is truly awesome! I love the list formatting. It intrigued me. I don’t think that I would be willing to work as a bridge guard at this particular place! It has a really eerie vibe to it that is fittingly poetic, and super super SUPER awesome! I love this piece! Can’t wait to see where this guideline goes! It could turn into an absolutly ohenomenal Story!

Have a fantastic day, and peace!

Regards,
parachutes

Edna began to feel like one who awakens gradually out of a dream, a delicious, grotesque, impossible dream, to feel again the realities pressing into her soul.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening