science is scary; poetry is scary

by Grimmwolf

Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:33 pm
riya@ says...

A PERFECT COMBINATION OF ART AND SCIENCE.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:42 am
Nightingale06 says...

I found this poem funny and meaningful at the same type........you are right, at first even I felt poetry was very complex.......then I got used to it😅......but the comparison with the test tube.......that one was an excellent metaphor....

..it is a simple poem and I liked it......Though I genuinely did not understand the ending😅.........but I am new and I will become better I guess

But you used a lot of scientific terms which also enhances the poem and makes it more technical

Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:24 am
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...

aah. the second stanza! i genuinely loved that one. i admire your idea of putting poetry like an experiment. it was like you are finding your mind- where your mind lies. again saying, overall, i really loved and enjoyed the poem.i enjoyed the scientific vocabulary.and your theory of writing is really good! each and every line potrays a valuable meaning. and the idea of peeping into your own mind is really important i really don't have any construction criticism as i am new in reviewing others.

Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:17 am
SoullessGinger wrote a review...

I love this so much. I think the best part, in my opinion at least, is how you used creating a hypothesis as a metaphor for writing poetry. It alludes to the idea that poetry is like an experiment on the human soul, a way to discover new traits and emotions, and thoughts within yourself, the way that scientists work to discover new elements and find solutions to this world's problems. Almost as if you're peering into a microscope and investigating the world inside your mind, rather than the physical world outside of it. It really makes one reflect on the parallels between art and science. I don't really have any constructive criticism, since I'm new to the reviewing game. Overall, I really enjoyed this poem and the way it can make you think if you so choose to.

Grimmwolf says...

It alludes to the idea that poetry is like an experiment on the human soul, a way to discover new traits and emotions, and thoughts within yourself, the way that scientists work to discover new elements and find solutions to this world's problems.

I never thought of it this way, but I really like how you think! I wish I had the mind for creating meanings like that, so what I had planned was a little less than that. I love that though! ^^

It really makes one reflect on the parallels between art and science.

I'm really glad you were able to reflect on something because of my poetry! I love connecting science related things and poetic language because science is more than it looks from afar.

Once again, thank you!

No problem! It was a privilege to read. And what are readers for, but to find their own meaning in the author's work, am I right? lol, I really enjoyed this, so thank YOU!

Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:04 am
Vryog wrote a review...

I really like the idea of scientific vocabulary. I don't know if it's just me being dense but I don't understand what it's about unless it's just scientific vocabulary. Is the point that you're trying to make that if you know science, you can dissect the meaning of poetry? Overall, the words in this poem contrast each other well poetically speaking.

I really like
"I put my inspiration into a test tube along with all of my energy and watch as they react"

Vryog says...

Then again I am very new to poetry so my apologies.

Grimmwolf says...

Hello! Thanks for the review!

I don't know if it's just me being dense but I don't understand what it's about unless it's just scientific vocabulary.

Don't worry! Perfectly understandable question! I was going for the route of "science is hard, and so is poetry." I don't think I executed it well, and it does turn into "smart show-off," which isn't what I want at all.

Overall, the words in this poem contrast each other well poetically speaking.

That's good to know! I was worried that it wouldn't work well together because it would sound too plain.

Sorry if I picked at your whole review! I'm not good at getting to the point most times. I also like to show that I actually read the review, instead of brushing it off.

Vryog says...

I think the concept that I percevieved in your poem is pretty great and it didn't look like you were trying to show off, don't worry. I definitely see the direction you wanted to go with it now, thank you for clairifing. :)

Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:51 pm
starlitmind says...

Ahh, this is such a lovely poem!! My favourite stanza is your second; I love the idea of putting inspiration in a test tube and then watching it react. What a neat piece <3

Grimmwolf says...

Thank you! That is my favorite stanza as well. ^^

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler