Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Realistic

Souls and their existence....

by ERZA

They say your eyes are the windows to your soul and many of us believe in that. However, everything in this world has a soul whether they have eyes or not it simply does not matter. In this world each and everything has a purpose. Even a dead or non living things have a reason for its existence ...they have a purpose and they belong to this world. There is the supreme power or God, as many of us say it, who is really and actually looking over us. It is from God we come into being. A soul is just like energy, it can only beconverted from one form to another, it can neither be destroyed nor be created. It simply exists. We are some mere vessels in which our souls are kept. Or in other words, we are simply the clothes that our souls are currently wearing. Just as we abandon our worn out clothes, the souls will one day abandon us and that is when we will die. A soul, after leaving its vessel goes and reamains to co exist with the higher entity till it gets a new vessel. After entering a new vessel, another cycle of life begins.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:12 pm
ShadowVyper wrote a review...

Hey Erza!

Shady here with a second review for you this fine morning. c:

Again, you have really...interesting...ideas.

Let's correct the phonetics first, before we go into theology, yes?

However, everything in this world has a soul; whether they have eyes or not. it simply does not matter.
~ The last bit is just repetitive. Nix.

Even a dead or non living things
~ Firstly, you switch from singular ('a') to plural ('thingS') which isn't okay. Also, dead means non-living, so it's not an either/or thing. If you're dead, you're not living.

There is the supreme power, or God, as many of us say it, who is really and actually looking looks over us.
~ I don't understand your 'really and actually' here. If it doesn't have a purpose, perhaps nix it?

Or, in other words,

. A soul, after leaving its vessel, goes and reamains
~ "Remains".
~

Alright. I have absolutely no idea which religion you're trying to promote in this piece, which is bad. You should have such a strong argument that people have no doubt which religion you're promoting. Since you capitalized 'God', one would assume that it's the Christian God, as that's the only God I know that should be capitalized. But you certainly do not present a Christian doctrine.

From a Christian stand point, your view is very, very flawed. For example-- souls are very precious and sacred. They don't get recycled. You never lose your soul. Ever. It continues on for all eternity-- either in Heaven or in Hell. It doesn't get 'assigned' to someone else.

And animals don't have souls. And souls can be created-- by God. Each new, precious person (even babies, from the moment of conception) get their own, unique soul. You're fairly right, as to our bodies being the mere vessels in which our souls reside-- but our souls don't leave *us* when we die. *We* (our soul) leave our body behind. Big difference. BIG difference.

If you have any questions, I'd love to talk to you more about this. c:

~Shady 8)

Blackwood wrote a review...

I see this as more of an opinion piece. If it is an essay then you need to develop your argument a bit more powerfully. However as a stand alone sort of article it is nice and short and wraps up well. I think you need to include the words "I believe" or "some believe" in here as you write this very factually, and although it is not wrong to write it like this there are others who would believe differently. However I highly doubt anyone would take a harsh reaction tot his as it is written very pleasantly and it is easy and soft to read.

Well done.

LadyPurple wrote a review...

Yo! I'm LadyPurple and I am here to drop a review!
Ok so I like this essay. It's deep and thought provoking.
I just have two tiny nit-picks and otherwise I have nothing else to say.
"Even a dead or non living things "
The wording of this felt weird. Maybe "Even a dead or non-living thing". I just think that would flow better.
And there's just one moment where you forgot to space.
" beconverted"
That's the part where you forgot to space.
I have nothing else to say other than keep writing! If you need anything or have any questions then PM me!
~LP

dark wrote a review...

Hmm, this interest me in a very odd way. I'm not a spiritual person and I don't believe in these kind of things so I don't particularly understand like everyone else. I'll do my best.
First, I just wanted to correct you on something. You say that every being on the earth has a soul. From what I heard, Christians don't believe that animals have souls, (Correct me if I'm wrong) so I just wanted to throw that out there.
Second, I like the talk about the cycle a should takes. It does baffle me, however that a soul cannot be destroyed, and yet it can't be created either. A body is not formed with a soul, but soul finds it and wears it as its clothes. Still baffles me somewhat but, I shall not dwell on it to much.
Finally, dead and living things having reasons for their existence. I understand that part somewhat. For example, if a child dies at birth along with the mother, the mother's purpose was to give birth to that child, and the child's purpose was to die after birth. Where as an adult who almost dies, still hasn't for filled their purpose if they are still living. I am right?
Sorry for the ramble Erza, but these type of things are not something I know about as I have said before.
Cheers! ~Dark. Fire Flower.

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown