z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Sky of Imagination washed away

by DreamyAlice


The sky seems 

so  strange now

dark and unknown

and full of woe 


Dragons and fairies 

vanished from our 

sky of imagination 

maybe they got hidden 

behind the black cloud 

of realization 


The stars of our twinkling dreams 

The misty moon of peace 

The hazy clouds of doubts 

The sky of our childhood gaze 

a moment is all it takes 

for everything to be washed away 

by the sorrowful rain of reality 


I knew the end was near 

of the favorite part of  my fairytale 

still my eager heart at least 

expected a happy end 


My fingers rushed through 

the last page 

where my curiosity was answered 

with a familiar question 


Was childhood really over? 

Yes...the words lingered


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
29 Reviews


Points: 5121
Reviews: 29

Donate
Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:22 pm
View Likes
Thediffident wrote a review...



Hey @Thediffident here to give you a review on your wonderful piece!

This was truly a sweet yet sad read. The way you described your thoughts via this piece made me feel connected and somewhat personally linked to it as well. Not a lot of writers are capable of making the readers feel a personal connection to a piece. The way you were able to accomplish that is truly incredible!

Furthermore, the metaphors you used in this poem contributed a lot in making this piece come alive. It gave new insights and it was so thrilling to read every new metaphor you came up with.

The title of the poem is truly amazing. It gives a jist of the piece and that too in a few simple words. It's captivating as well and is one of the main reasons I decided to review this piece. Bravo!

Your writing style was great! The language was clear and concise and I couldn't find any grammatical mistakes here as well. I loved the font you used in the poem. It gave a mesmerizing and great touch to your piece.

Overall, this piece was truly phenomenal. Consider me a fan of your work! I hope you liked the review <3
Love, Andy.




DreamyAlice says...


Thanks Andy for the review! I really appreciate it!



User avatar
240 Reviews


Points: 16328
Reviews: 240

Donate
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:07 am
AkuRashomon wrote a review...



Hello there. This is Ina a.k.a loveissourgrapes speaking. I am here to give you a quick comment/review of your poem about childhood. Anyways, let's get into it.

I like how you described your childhood imagination fading away like a sky filled with clouds. The mentions of things children used to imagine about fairies and dragons. It may be sad to other people to grow up from those things but sometimes you can grow from it yet your imagination still has that touch of your childhood imagination and get to recall it even if they disappear today or tomorrow. We face reality to be knowledgeable about what's going around us and what we need to know and do when something bad faces us in reality and how to fight back against those things. This seems like a goodbye letter to childhood and all those little dreams you had when growing up. But now, you are old, except it and it is now time to face the reality and the danger around the wild world with different kinds of people and things.

Thank you for sharing such a poem. I love it. But I still imagine things because I'm still a teen but when I get older, I know they will disappear. Have a good morning, day, afternoon, or night.




DreamyAlice says...


Thanks for the review! You knkw my earlier username was ImaginativeAlice so yes Imagination is a big part of my teenage and childhood pleasure and yes it was kind of like a goodbye letter to childhood not in terms of age but emotionally and mentally and like how every other teenager should be, I am excited for ahead:) It was an amazing review thanks<3



DreamyAlice says...


Thanks for the review! You knkw my earlier username was ImaginativeAlice so yes Imagination is a big part of my teenage and childhood pleasure and yes it was kind of like a goodbye letter to childhood not in terms of age but emotionally and mentally and like how every other teenager should be, I am excited for ahead:) It was an amazing review thanks<3



AkuRashomon says...


You're welcome used to be ImaginativeAlice now @DreamyAlice c:



User avatar
13 Reviews


Points: 828
Reviews: 13

Donate
Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:25 am
waterfalls wrote a review...



hi!

you did such a good job of portraying the whole theme (which is growing up, I believe) throughout the entire poem. and I LOVEE angsty poetry and just in general, poetry like this.

The sky seems

so strange now

dark and unknown

and full of woe


Wow. I love the opening here, considering the fact that the title is "The Sky of Imagination washed away" you just dive right in. Like I said before, this represents the theme so well since first, there was a sky of imagination, but now when growing up it's unfamiliar, different, and more serious.. like growing up can be. Andd how harsh reality can get.

Dragons and fairies

vanished from our

sky of imagination

maybe they got hidden

behind the black cloud

of realization


this is so great, I love the rhyming here and how you balanced the straightforwardness of the poem.

The stars of our twinkling dreams

The misty moon of peace

The hazy clouds of doubts

The sky of our childhood gaze

a moment is all it takes

for everything to be washed away

by the sorrowful rain of reality


this stanza, I cannot stop reading and I don't know why. there's just something that pulls you right in and it's so enchanting. It's amazing, painfully amazing.

The ending is perfect since you managed to sum up the poem in just two sentences. Overall, your poem was so full of enjoyment and every sentence was exciting to read. This was by far one of my favorite poems, no doubt. Great job!!

and, I hope you realize, (if this poem resonates with you) that growing up doesn't have to be boring or bad, and that you don't have to let go of imagination or dreaming, ever, and there is no age for that. That you can find bits of joy in growing up and experiencing new things.

btw, I love your username @DreamyAlice




DreamyAlice says...


thank you so much, this review was so good and it motivated me. Yeah I know growing up doesn't really mean letting go of our imagination, it was just a poem written in a sad moment where it was hard for me to believe I have come so far not in terms of age but mentally, there are so many years ahead of me but nevertheless an enchanting phase has ended:) you are an amazing reviewer!



waterfalls says...


you're welcome, I'm glad c:
and you're right, childhood can be so magical. thank you! and, how do you get your profile picture to move? is it a GIF?



DreamyAlice says...


yes it is a GIF, you can put gif as your avvie as long as it doesn't exceed the maximum file size



User avatar
987 Reviews


Points: 15
Reviews: 987

Donate
Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:30 pm
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



Growing up is sad and facing reality is depressing. Everything we’ve ever imagined fades away. But we can find happiness in growing up. Of course it will never be the same as childhood happiness, but maybe that’s a good thing! We all grow into our own person. I thought that this was a beautiful and sad poem about growing up. I’ve enjoyed reading this poem that you wrote.

I wish you a great day/night.




DreamyAlice says...


Thanks for the review:)




A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden