Why fall in love?

by Desdemona

godlypopo wrote a review...

Hello, Godly here for a review and happy review day!

I love the layout of this. It's unique and grabs the readers attention. The use of rhetorical questions and direct dress helps the reader connect with the piece easily and effectively. The imagery is also powerful here as it brings the poem to life for the reader and thus makes it an adventure of an experience where the reader can relate easily and explore the depths of the poem. What initially drew me in was the title of the piece. By using the question you make the reader formulate an an answer before they begin to read. This way they are able to compare ideas and thus making the poem more impactful toward their thought process within this very topic. They are brought to realise how love is blind and that it ruins people as much as it saves them. The whole poem is powerful and creates a memorable attitude which is ideal for writing poems. Whilst this doesn't really fit the structure of a poem it was still a good read and I look forward to more of your work in the future. Overall This was a great peace that shows your talent and potential as a writer. Keep writing.
All the best,
Godly :D

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:12 am
AllisonArgent wrote a review...

Hi there. u surprised me. but should this be poetry? any way I'm gonna read as I review. It's like a lecture on love still it had strong words and meaningful phrases but I think the letters are a bit too small and it's harder to read it. yes, love is painful but it also has joy hidden deep in it that many people fail to find. that's why they break up, get divorced or even cheat. When people discover that hidden joy, it's called true love. Love not only happens b\w lovers but also with parents and friends. Love is the same and it's is definetly 'blind.'

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg