E - Everyone Violence Mature Content

Information of Zilus-The guide to the cosmos

by Coffeewriter

Here is some info on my book that is like a guide for all of you! I will post an Prolouge soon!  Enjoy until then! ⭐️

Xyria is one of the many realms in Zilus. Zilus (pronounced zil-us) is essentially the cosmos- it’s the entire universe's name. Xyria is one of the 5 realms in Zilus. Here are the 5 different realms inside Zilus and what they are…

1. Mosorphyia(pronounced mos-or-fi-a) is the human realm. This is where all the humans live and the ‘real’ world.
  2. Xyria(pronounced zi-ri-a) This is the world the main character belongs in. Xyria is a serene realm where creatures called qxelis(pronounced kel-is) live. They are beautiful ‘people’ who are what humans call ‘elves’ but they all have features similar to the main character and they all have unique traits about their eyes. Some can burn things with their eyes whether they can burn souls or burn objects. Some can provide mental and physical care for others just by glancing at them. They hold great power in their eyes, they are incredibly powerful and wise. They are ruled by Queen Valoria. She’s known to be hard to communicate with, polite, cold, yet kind and reserved. They all speak another language called moltunge(pronounced mol-tung). This is their mother tongue(or their English). All the realms speak this language except Mosorphyia. Even Falois spoke it before the curse.
  3. Falois(pronounced fal-o-is) is a realm which is desolate looking but overrun with skeletons and foliage that poisons you and kills you in an instant if you touch it at all. This realm used to be preoccupied with huge furry creature(called hoblans) which look akin to bears and black panthers if you combined them. But after the worlds collided, the curse swept through and decayed the land and everything that existed on it. Everything that was built however was left there frozen in time. Nothing exists here except from time.
  4. Selixia(sell-ix-ia) This realm is the definition of wealth. Huge castles and luxury everywhere you go. This place used to be a joined realm with Xyria but due to complications and the leaders falling out they created their own wealthy, luxurious realm. The people here were just qxelis but then they changed their identities to being known as qxelix(kel-ix). Not much of a change. They have the same powers and personality as the qxelis but they are known to be uptight, sometimes rude and extremely posh and obsessed with wealth. They hate being dirty and cheap especially. They have a king named King Matthias. He’s known to be sneaky, mischievous, yet quite a good king and quite a jokester. These people speak the same language as the people of Xyria.
  5. The forgotten realm is exactly what it sounds like. This is a forgotten, abandoned place since almost forever. Nobody knows of its origins or why the land is inhabitable and rumoured to be haunted and dangerous. Not much is known of this place. 

Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:52 am

Hi CoffeeWriter, welcome to YWS! I hope you're enjoying the site so far. If you're looking to post worldbuilding stuff like this you can always use the Writer's Corner Forums. You won't get formal reviews, but you won't need to use points to post anything that you don't want a review on!

I love the amount of worldbuilding you're doing here; it certainly looks like you're putting a lot of thought into how yo want your story to work. The only tip I'd give is to be careful with your complex realm names - how you introduce them and make sure to reference them clearly otherwise readers could get easily confused about which is which (apart from maybe the forgotten realm, which gives me a lot of Disney Dreamlight Valley vibes!)

Looking forward to seeing what you write!

Icy

Coffeewriter says...

Thank you so much @IcyFlams, I will definitely keep that in mind!

Coffeewriter says...

Sorry I meant @IcyFlame

Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:33 pm
AJW wrote a review...

This is very creative. I do like that you are working on world-building before even posting your first chapter or anything. It is a great way to introduce your story as well. Without even knowing any of the characters I already want to imagine what the day-to-day life is like within these realms. I also really like how you have very different names for your realms. This makes the tone of these places very mystical, and special. I am very excited to see what all you are planning with this story!

Coffeewriter says...

Thank you AJW!

Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:23 pm
Coffeewriter says...

I’m open to feedback of course! Let me know if anything’s confusing or any tips! Thank you for reading!

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.
— Captain James T. Kirk