z

Young Writers Society



Two Kittens

by CocoaCat


There once were two cats; white and black.

Sibling cats; hunting skills they lack.

They both were still kittens,

The white cat named Mittens,

My brother named the other Jack.

(I had to write this in class and I wanted to know what you guys thought, so what the heck, here is my limerick that doesn't make much sense)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 174
Reviews: 48

Donate
Tue May 23, 2017 4:55 pm
CocoaCat says...



Holy heck you guys, I really did not think anyone would even read this but you guys LOVED it. Thanks so much!
I was away camping this weekend and there was no wifi signal or any way for me to see what was going on. So, this morning, I checked out Young Writers and was totally excited to see it made it into the literary spotlight. Since you guys seemed to really enjoy it, I'm going to try my hand at more poems.
Again, thank you guys SO very much for all your support!




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 373
Reviews: 16

Donate
Sun May 21, 2017 3:07 pm
View Likes
rohan wrote a review...



Hi!
I like this poem mainly for its childlike singsong rhythm.
The good thing - It follows the rules, and has a flow which makes the poem enjoyable. Also, selection of words is good that successfully forms images in the head while reading it.
Limericks generally tend to be humorous, with a twist in the last line so that it stays in the mind of the reader for its uniqueness. This aspect is missing and you can surely experiment on it. A piece of advice: whatever you write it in the class or as an assignment, try to edit it the day after. It becomes more beautiful and meaningful!
Overall, I found the poem really cute.
Keep writing.
-Rohan




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 47
Reviews: 6

Donate
Sun May 21, 2017 12:13 am
View Likes



I like this! It is very cute, very simple, very.....KITTENY! This deserves to be seen! Glad you posted it! There isn't very much more to say. I shall sign off. God Bless!




User avatar
145 Reviews


Points: 402
Reviews: 145

Donate
Fri May 19, 2017 1:58 pm
View Likes
Thisislegacy wrote a review...



Legacy here for a review.

I like this. It's cute and simple like kittens. You have a great use of imagery without needing to use many words at all. That is a skill; being able to use only a few words to bring about a whole scene.

Some people see the last line as awkward, but I think it works and keeps you to the rhyming scheme of a limerick. Plus it's okay to have a quirky line every once in awhile. It spices everything up a little bit.

Overall, this is a good poem and a final draft in my opinion. Legacy.




User avatar
277 Reviews


Points: 1335
Reviews: 277

Donate
Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 pm
View Likes
Charm says...



I LOVE CATS




CocoaCat says...


ME TOO!



User avatar
68 Reviews


Points: 794
Reviews: 68

Donate
Thu May 18, 2017 5:31 pm
View Likes
Midnightmoon says...



Cute! I like the rhyming and there is absolutely nothing wrong with limericks! The last line is a little awkward, but sometimes it can add something to the poem! That's all I have to say! :D.





A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.
— Mark Twain