Home » Literary works » Other » Mystery / Suspense

Breaking Depression...

by Baidirai

Trying to break depression is much alike trying to fly. On your own, it is impossible. No matter how hard you try, you will always fall to the ground. But with help, it becomes a different story entirely. 

With help, you can build a plane. Flying becomes more reachable. As you climb inside, you feel that rush of dread. Were you sabotaged? Then it all comes down to if you take that leap of faith. 

Unfortunately, not many people take that leap. They climb down from the plane, back to their seclusion. If you had taken that leap, you might have flown. You might have been freed.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:59 pm
Collideascope wrote a review...

Hey,

You know my view on depression so thank you for writing this. Also thank you for supporting me while I was freaking out. It means a lot to me. Back to the review of course You have a nice use of punctuation and capitalization here. They really help get your main point across. You also used a wide range of vocabulary while writing this and it comes together beautifully. I can tell you wrote this from the heart and I would love to talk about the back story with you at some point. I love your use of the metaphor when you compared depression to flying or a plane. While I feel it could be more gracefully worked in there it clearly belongs and the story wouldnt be the same with out it. As always great job and I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.
Sincerely,
Collideascope.

Baidirai says...

Thank you. :) And no problem. I really like helping people, even if I can't help myself all the time... But yeah! If you want to talk about the backstory sometime, I'd be glad to.

Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:08 pm
Satira says...

i think that building a plane isn't the right metaphor. I mean, what if someone never 'builds a plane' in the first place? Then there isn't a way to climb back out of it. Some people just wallow in a puddle of themselves until something comes along and either blows them away, or freezes them into shape.
(but that's just me. everyone's experience is different)

Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:14 am
bisshoy wrote a review...

Great words.thanks to the author for his thoughts which he has shared here. Its really hard to get out of a depression Now-a-days, as our life is getting more and more complicated as a teen. But your thinking and positive way of it will surely help anyone to find a way out.Hope to get something more from you.Stay blessed :)

Baidirai says...

bisshoy says...

hope o get ur review :)

Pupz

[as a roleplayer is feeling sad about torturing her characters] RavenLord: "You're a writer, dear. Embrace it."
— RavenLord