16+ Language Violence Mature Content

A Love Like War (Valex) - Part 2

by AlyYantz

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language, violence, and mature content.

He parked in front of my house, leaving us in an awkward silence. It didn't matter. I was here with him, and that's all I ever wanted, but it got a little uncomfortable for him, so I decided to make conversation.

"Thanks for tonight. It was nice to get out and forget all the issues I've been going through."

He turned towards me, smiling at the fact that he was able to make me happy in such a difficult time. "That's what I'm here for," he said. "We should do it again sometime. You're really amazing." He patted my knee and left it there for a couple of seconds too long, in my opinion, but I didn't think anything of it.

I looked into his eyes and smiled, never wanting I leave his side. He was my protecter, and would always be there.

I unbuckled and turned to get out of the car, but that's when I saw a shadowy figure. I took me a couple of seconds to realize who it was. What was he doing here? How long had he waited for me?

I stopped and turned back to Alex, my eyes wide with fear as they started to fill with tears, hands shaking, and and jaw quivering.

"Vic?" He looked so concerned. "Vic, what's wrong?"

"Don't leave me." I said, scared shitless he would.

"I won't leave, but what's going on?"

Tears dripping down my cheeks, I had to force the words out of me. "Please stay the night." Without thinking, I grabbed his hands and held them right, a sign that hinted how much I needed him. "Please?"

"Of course." He held my hands back, rubbing the back of them with his thumbs.

We got out of the car and walked towards the house, as he began to walk towards us. There stood Kellin. I held Alex's hand, and he reluctantly held mine back. I wouldn't know what I would do without him.

"What do you want?" I said to him, practically hiding behind Alex.

"I just wanted to come and make you realize that the only person you can have is me, even if I'm only there for sex."

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't tell if he was bluffing or telling the truth. "How can I be around with someone like you?"

"Oh, that really hurts Vic."

That's when my dark side jumped in. "Me, hurt you?" I shook his head in disbelief. "Are you serious, dude? Do you know the pain you've caused me, the fear you've made me feel every second of my life, the destruction of my thought process? You really fucked me up good, and I keep telling you to stay the fuck away and you won't leave me the fuck alone!" Tears streamed down my face even harder. I pressed my forehead to Alex's shoulder, and that's when he decided he would be my savior.

"If we're going to have problems, it won't be hard for me to fuck up that pretty little face of yours." He said bluntly to Kellin.

"Ha! That's a laugh. Look at you. You're nothing but skin and bone. You wouldn't be able to lay a finger in me, anyways."

"If your ego didn't fill up your whole brain, maybe you would has some space for common knowledge and see that others need to be loved the way they deserve."

Ooh! Burn!

"Oh, Alex. Don't you see? If I can't love Vic, then nobody's going to, and you can count on that. I don't have to love him to keep him mine," Kellin said, and walked away in the darkness of the night, leaving me scared for our lives.

___________________________

Once we got inside, I was still shaking, and his words to Alex haunted me. IfI can't love Vic, then nobody's going to, and you can count on that. What did he mean by that? What was he up to, and who was he going to hurt?

"That motherfucker!" I heard Alex scream as he walked into my room. "I don't even know the situation, but I'm not leaving you until that little shit gets what he deserves."

I was sitting on my bed, feeling scared and almost lonely. If Alex weren't here, I'd be getting wasted to get rid of all the emptiness I felt, to relax my body, make me forget.

He looked down at my shaking body, and came over to sit down next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and held me tight in his embrace. I returned one. I really needed it.

"What's going to happen tomorrow?" I asked him. We both knew we couldn't skip a day of recording, especially with their prices, but our safety was involved.

"We'll stay late at the studio and I'll come back here again tomorrow night and stay. I can tell you need me, and I'll be here for you. Always."

His words warmed my heart. I wouldn't be able to protect myself, and I'd certainly would be too scared to sleep, but with Alex here, I knew it was possible.

"Thank you."

We let go of one another and and headed downstairs for the couch. "I'll be down here. If you need anything, just holler."

I nodded, and that's we he started to descend down the stairs.

I got ready for bed and relaxed as much as I could before climbing under my cold sheets.

___________________________

After a while, with no luck of sleep, I looked towards my clock which read 2:30. I would have to be up in five hours to get up for 'work'. There was too much going on and too much thinking for me to settle down enough. I finally gave up and crept downstairs for a drink. That would most likely help.

I tiptoed past the living room, the back of the couch facing me so I wasn't able to see Alex laying down. Once I got to the kitchen, I opened the door and was immediately blinded by the light. I reached for the Whiskey and got out a shot glass.

"What are you doing?"

I dropped both the shot glass and the bottle which caused glass and liquor to spread across my kitchen floor. Goddammit!

"Oh, my God! I didn't mean to scare you. Are you okay?"

"Yeah." I said. "I just got a little surprised, that's all."

"I can help clean it up."

"Hakuna Matata. I got it."

"I LOVE THE LION KING!!!" Alex screamed. He started running through the living room singing, "It means no worries, for the rest of your days. It's our problem free, philosophy, Hakuna Matata!"

By the time he got through with the song, I had the majority of my mess picked up.

"So," I started. "Couldn't sleep?"

"No... You?"

"Yeah. That's why I came down here, to get a drink that would relax me a little bit."

"I'm sorry."

"Not your fault." I paused, taking in a sharp breath. "So... Umm... Could you... Uh..."

"I'll do anything."

I sighed. "Are you sure? It's kind of a... Strange question for a male to ask his male friend..."

"What is it?"

"Could you lay down with me... In my bed?"

"Why wouldn't I? We're dudes, who are friend. Woop-de-fucking-do."

We both laughed. "True, but don't you find it just a little bit weird?"

He looked down at his feet. "Not really." He whispered so quietly, I could barely make out what he was saying. He looked disappointed, almost.

"Okay."

I grabbed his hand and lead him upstairs to my bedroom. We got under my covers, his body so warm compared to mine. His leg accidentally touched mine and that's when I realized he was only in his boxers.. And that was the same for me... Fangirl moment!

Even though we weren't in touching distance, we could still feel each other's presence, and that was enough for the both of us to fall asleep.

___________________________

The next morning, my alarm clock woke us up, as we lay there with my head resting in his shoulder and his arm wrapped around my shoulder. I got up before he was awake enough to realize what had happened. I turned my alarm clock off and we got up to get ready for a long day after a restless night.

"So," I yawned. "Would you like eggs, bacons and toast for breakfast?"

He stretches out his arms and looked towards me with squinted eyes. "I like bacon, but do you have any..." Pause. "Sausage?"

"No. I ate the rest of them yesterday. I'm sorry."

He chuckled to himself. "Bacon's fine." He got out of bed, and followed me downstairs.

I cooked us up our breakfast and we sat at the table, amazed at the amount of energy we had after such a tough night.

"Thank you for taking care of me." I said to him. "It really means a lot and I don't know what would've happened to me if you weren't there."

"Well," he replied, "you're taking care of me, too. So, I guess we're even." He gave me a wink, the same one he gave me at the restaurant yesterday. It was really cute and made me blush both times. What was I going to do with him?

"At least I know I'm not alone in this world."

"'You're not alone, you're with me.'"

He kept looking at me as he said it, which only made me smile, and me smiling made him laugh.

After we finished breakfast, I washed all the dirty dishes I made before heading off to get dressed, and got clothes for Alex to wear, since he didn't have any. When I handed my clothes to him, he didn't bother to go into the bathroom to change, but did so right in the living room. Not that it mattered. It was hot shit, man!

"I'll drive us to the studio, and since I'm staying here another night, I'd like to go home and pick up a few things, if it's okay with you." He told me

"Why wouldn't it be? I'm not a douche."

"I was just making sure. I mean, I really don't think you want me dirtying all of your clothes."

"Clothes are clothes. As long as you're comfortable, I'm fine."

"You really are the sweetest thing, you know that?"

"Now I do." I teased.

We chuckled as we walked out the door and headed to a place where we could get away, a place where our job was a paradise, and we were going to be there together.

The morning started off so great, but trouble had to start first thing. On the driver's seat of Alex's car was a small envelope that had his name on it. We got into his car and got settled before he opened it. Inside was a handwritten letter.

"To the fuckhead that owns this car," he said, reading the letter out loud. "If you don't stay away from the person I love, you're going to regret it, and I won't be going after just you, but those closest to you. Watch your back, and leave my Victor alone.

You've been warned.

Kellin."

We both looked at each other, shocked by what he just read. "I don't understand," he continued. "Last night he said he didn't love you, and now he says he does..."

I looked away, ashamed of what I've done. "I'm sorry I dragged you into this. I just... I-"

"I got myself into this. You didn't do anything."

"But it is! I-"

"It's not your fault I fell in love with you."

That shut me up, and I realized, this situation is more out of control than I though possible.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:36 pm
Pinkieishere1345 wrote a review...

Hi, AlyYantz. This is Pinkieishere1345 here. I will like to review this wonderful chapter if you don't mind me.

I didn't read your first part of this story so I am kind of confused of what it is going on here. Maybe I will read that one when I finished with this review. Anyway, this seems like good story to read. It is simple and easy to read piece of writing. The characters from Valex(I did not watch that show/movie) are good including the descriptions in the paragraphs. However, there are some errors on there which you need to fix. I like to point them out, but JamesHunt got it so say cheers for him! :D

Overall, this is a interesting story to read. I enjoyed it a lot even through I am very confused, but I will read the beginning for some understanding on here. Well, see ya next time!

Good Job!

Love,

Pinkieishere1345

Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:24 pm
BrumalHunter wrote a review...

Fiery Salutations

Oh, I see you have written part two. It is no less vulgar than your previous work, I think, but you have at least indicated this short story's nature by correctly categorising it this time.

It is blatantly obvious that the celebrity singer (I believe his name is Alex, right? - you do not mention any names in the first five paragraphs, which would prove to be very confusing for someone who has not read part one) is himself homosexual, but this part is simply too much. I mean, really? And the part about his quivering jaw that follows a paragraph later is not much better. I assume this Victor has not seen his masculine side for quite some time, yes? It would certainly explain his behaviour and thoughts. It's either that, or Kellin makes Dolores Umbridge look like a kind old lady...

I shook his head in disbelief.

Read this sentence and tell me what's wrong here.

At least you warn people that there's stones in the bread...

After that, there are basically only minor errors, and I think it would be far more satisfying to you if you discovered and corrected them yourself - it also saves me a lot of time and saves you from a lengthy lecture about malapropisms and contractions and dialogue errors and... *continues ranting for about five more minutes* Oh, and it appears that another part will appear hereafter; if it is only a few more parts, it is understandable, but if it is more than that, it should be moved to either "Other" or "Novel/Chapter".

Finally, while this is certainly not the kind of short story I would read if I were given a choice, but that does not mean it is not skillfully written (except for the curse and swear words, of course). So, other than that, well done.

This review was brought to you
by Team Silver.

AlyYantz says...

You have been so patience and smokind. To make it up to you, I want to know what you like to read and I'll make something. I know you don't have a liking for the works you've commented on. Please get back to me and I'll make something, anything you want.

BrumalHunter says...

I am glad for your being considerate, but please, it is not necessary to write me something, although I greatly appreciate the thought. If you continue writing brilliantly and share your writing with the world, then that will be compensation enough.

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena