Brain Dead Creativitiy

by Corncob

This is a poem,

It is also a haiku,

Thank you for your time.

joallover wrote a review...

Hello! It's joallover again, and wow, going through your profile is cracking me up! Not that all of your poems are supposed to be funny, just I laugh at your simplicity, such as this one. This one is supposed to be funny though, I'd imagine. This makes a point that I think is, also, hilarious. A poem is literally everything you want it to be. There are no structural rules that you can say 'that is not a poem' unless its a story...and even then, Dante's Divine Trilogy, they were poems. But that is another thing about this piece that you wrote, it is also a Haiku, which is a type of poetry, so firstly it is a Haiku, then it is also a poem. Funny thing, it is.
So here is the review part...
This is a poem = 5 syllables
It is also a haiku = 7 syllables
Thank you for your time = 5 syllables
You achieved that haiku basic rules! Good for you! (I wrote it out because I doubted it...sorry!)
Well, I guess that's all. Enjoy your review!
-joallover

Corncob says...

Haha, I love your comments on my works :D Thank you so much!

godlypopo wrote a review...

Hello, happy review day.

This was a very short poem. Whilst short it is comedic and effective. You take the long time many people slaughter into their poems and throw it into a mockery. You are correct it is a poem. A poem does not need any rules it just needs to be in lines, you twist this fact and use it as an advantage for your own use. My only nitpick(since this is a review) is that you do not need to capitalise the start of every line. Just the first one since it is one sentence. I like how to grab the reader unexpectedly and sit them there thinking what? But then they take another look at the title and maybe a laugh or two may escape them.

Brain dead creativity... I get it :D It is creative since many people who are left pondering on what to write never usually think of this. It is unique and a hilarious way to receive many different reactions. I love it! Whilst you say it is brain dead, I believe that it is pure genius! Just think about it. You just made one of the most effective and unique poems I have ever seen.

Yes; I did just write this long review complimenting the genius of this extremely simple poem XD
Well, I encourage you to keep writing!

That's all from me,
Godly :D

Corncob says...

Wow, thanks so much! I really appreciate this review :D. And thanks for the follow, by the way. Again, thank you!

godlypopo says...

No problem ^-^

Sarah12 says...

Okay.... This is really short for a poem. I'm not sure how you came up with this, but it actually makes me want to laugh because it don't understand what it means. Not many poems do that, so congrats on that aspect, But... I'm not really sure what to say.

Corncob says...

It's that kind of poem :D. Thanks for commenting

Verdigris says...

... Eh?

Well, I don't know whether it's a poem or a haiku.
But it definitely has an impact xD Good job.

Corncob says...

Yay impact! XD thanks

StoneHeart says...

Umh. I could argue with the statement that a poem and hiaku are the same thing in ANY situation ... ever.

Corncob says...

How so? You have officially interested me xP

StoneHeart says...

Poem= poetry.
Hiaku= not poetry.

Google a good list of poems and hiakus. Compare how different they are XD I don't think you can combine them.

StoneHeart says...

I'd say this is more Hiaku ...

Corncob says...

But there are all different styles of poetry, and haikus are one of them. There really is no one way/style to write poetry. I know that's not what you're saying (or what I think you're saying) but there are a lot of different methods in writing poetry.

StoneHeart says...

I get your point, but classic poetry and hiakus are very different. Honestly I don't like poetry OR hiakus. Hiakus first though

Corncob says...

Well yes, classic poetry is an individual style of poetry and is different from many other styles of poetry. So are haikus. And limericks. And lots of other styles of poetry.
But I do see your point as well, I just don't think "poetry" should be compartmentalized into classic poetry.

DreamWork wrote a review...

Hi there, a quick review on your Short poem.
Okay to be honest, the poem to me is unexpected with simple point but yet matching with the title ﹋o﹋. But I am sure that even though it is look like just an ordinary theme of having a lack creativity, there is something you can do with the title itself just to make it different or more interesting. Here, you already have a good point to write, but the last line ruined your poem(haiku). It makes me feel like, "okay, only that. It's ended". Anyway, I liked the title. It's catchy ;) keep writing.

Corncob says...

Thank you for your review-believe it or not, it was a big help :D

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:22 am
Tay01 wrote a review...

Well, this poem is really, as you have said, or mentioned in the overall of the poem, yes, it is really a waste of points. But let me show you, that from this, I can make a review and get my one hundred and fifty points even from a little, small and simple poem like that! You will be surprised.

Actually, about that, now I just looked up the word 'haiku.' It is a Japanese word which means, exactly what you said back there, sort of like a poem, but for Japanese. Now, why use that word? Please use the English almost everyone is used to. No, just kidding. You can do anything on young writers society.

About the hundred and fifty points, well let me tell you what. This is really a great trick.

So did you know that sometimes, people actually scammed like this way just for the free hundred and fifty points? Or maybe they even did this to get a hundred and seventy-five points, if they reviewed a story or poem or article or whatever they call it, a writing, yes, more than three days old? Very long though, but works.

About your poem, I think it is really creative but weird idea about wasting your points. You just wrote about, fourteen words, and only forty-one characters. Too bad the young writers do not give discounts of it. Just for that. They should have given you, or maybe even you could say, costed you like only thirty points.

Corncob says...

Maybe you should't have marked that as a review because all you did was tell me not to have published it...
Well, anyways, I changed the last line if you're interested.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:30 am
deleted21 says...

o_O

Corncob says...

That was basically the reaction I was expecting xD

deleted21 says...

LOL xD

Corncob says...

I made a big change! *gasp*it will probably not change your opinion on it at all

deleted21 says...

o_O :O @_@

Corncob says...

*try to contain your enthusiasm*

Mr. Scorpio says productivity is up 2%, and it's all because of my motivational techniques -- like donuts and the possibility of more donuts to come.
— Homer Simpson