z

Young Writers Society



How I Love You

by sponde25


Don't ask why, this is the way it is meant to be,
We, together looking over the jubilant sea.
Holding hands while flocks of birds pass over us,
While the sun drowns itself with its infinite loving trust.
And while the sky changes its hue, I look you in the eyes,
There I see our soul-brighter than star in the multitudinous skies.
 
In all the lives which are mine- I love you,
Sometimes it may not be apparent but I really do.
For a hundred thousand years I have done just that,
And there is absolutely nothing which could change that.
 
I love you like a flowing river, 
Which has won even before it has begun.
 It never resists, my love, it goes on and on,
Like me- always there for you from evening to morn,
I love you like a river which flows till it has mingled with the sea,
Like our souls became one-oh baby, can't you see?
 
That I am crazy enough to do anything for you,
That my heart, my heart, my very being are you.
That the price of your one smile can never be big enough,
That together we will always sail in peace no matter the weather is rough.
All I want in return is for you to see,
That I love you with everything in me.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
68 Reviews


Points: 435
Reviews: 68

Donate
Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:32 am
live1out2loud7 wrote a review...



I think that this was a great start to a piece, however it could use another look or two. In the beginning, I really loved the rhyme scheme. I think you had great Ideas with it in the beginning, and it flowed right into the piece. However, as you moved into the second stanza and on from there, it was apparent that you were struggling more and more to make the rhymes continue to work. You don't have to keep the same pattern through the whole poem though, try to remember that, and if you want it, try to make it sound more natural. Read through three lines at a time, and figure out how the sentence structure, voice pattern, rhythm, and rhyming works. It can never hurt to read through and correct your own work, especially in poetry.

I would just like to take a minute to point out how great the imagery is. However, in a few spots it is rather cliche, although you might have meant for this to be. I'm not sure, so I thought I should point it out anyways.

Other than that, I highly suggest reading it through for grammar mistakes. I know it can be hard with poetry, but it really helps. (poetry is abstract enough without changes in the meanings because of messed up grammar!). I could point out a few things, but I think it is most helpful to check it out yourself first and see if you can catch them. If you want me to read it over after you do this, and check for any other grammar mistakes, you can message me or post on my wall and I wouldn't hesitate.

Overall, I really loved this, it has great imagery, and although it could use some more work, what piece of writing couldn't?

Great job, and keep writing!




User avatar
88 Reviews


Points: 9590
Reviews: 88

Donate
Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:18 pm
whitewolfpuppy wrote a review...



Hey there! I will be reviewing your work today! :)

Overall Comments
You did a great job on this poem. I love how in depth you are with your scenery. I think that is the most important part of a poem. I do have a few things I would like to point out!

Critiques

I love you like a flowing river,
Which has won even before it has begun.

This is a problem I have. I can tell you are trying to do a rhyme here but these two don't really work together. I would add another sentence to make it work with the style of your poem. Personally, it really sticks out when you are reading the poem.

Don't ask why, this is the way it is meant to be,
We, together looking over the jubilant sea.

This doesn't make much sense. I believe these two are different sentences. Maybe if you change the "we" to "us" and take out the comma after it. I think that would make it sound better to the reader.

And while the sky changes its hue, I look you in the eyes,
There I see our soul-brighter than star in the multitudinous skies.

Right here I would assume the same thing. These are two different sentences. You use your comma's as periods to make the sentence longer. I think you are just running it one with different subjects that have no meaning to one another. Unless you take the comma out from the "eyes" and add an "And" after it. It would sound more correct that way.

That my heart, my heart, my very being are you.

Right here I don't think you need to repeat the "My heart" again.

Ending Comments
You did well, I like how the stanza's are neatly placed with the right spacing. I do have a few critiques I gave, those are completely my opinions. You don't have to listen to them. I just personally think you use comma's too much in this. Sometimes comma's work for poems, sometimes they don't. Other than that, keep on writing my friend! I can't wait to read some more of your work. Thank you for your time.
~Whitewolfpuppy :3





Some twenty years from now, users will ask a similar question about world famous Chicken poetry and Google will tell them about alliyah.
— Hkumar