z

Young Writers Society


16+ Violence Mature Content

Rush’s origin: “Marcia Blythe’s dear love”

by vampricone6783


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence and mature content.

*This story is from my “Marcia Blythe’s dear love” stories. It’s underneath my folder “Marcia and Rush”. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*



Rush held Priscilla close, who screamed and cried out in anguish as she watched.

His heart ached within, but what was the point? Their parents had told them long ago what demons thought of night creatures. Night creatures, the children of vampires and demons. Night creatures, beings with a high amount of power, power that wasn’t supposed to exist, power that wasn’t supposed to be. Night creatures, the monsters that not even Hell welcomed.

Night creatures, exactly what Rush and Priscilla were.

It all happened so fast, like the blur of a dream. One minute, they were all fast asleep. The next, the demons came crowding in with pitchforks, chasing them away.

Rush and Priscilla were hiding behind a scalding rock, tears streaming down Priscilla’s eyes. Their vampire mother and demon father were being driven down to a gaping pit, one of which they would never escape. One where they would die.

“Focus on your magic, Rush! If we try hard enough, we can save them!” Priscilla cried out. She closed her eyes, moving her hands softly in front of her, trying in vain to conjure fire that would burn the demons.

Rush tried too, but nothing came out. No fire came out of the siblings hands. Though Night Creatures, they were only ten and eight years old, mere children, and there wasn’t enough fire in the world that would save their parents.

He covered Priscilla’s ears as the screams pierced the air, demons roaring with delight.

Hell was not safe anymore.

…………………………………………………….

Rush took a deep breath, taking time to admire how his rouge hair framed his pale face, how his murky green eyes were more vibrant, how the black of his suit contrasted with the white of his shirt. His wings, matching with the darkness of his suit, spreading out gracefully from his back.

He and Priscilla could have lived in any realms in the universe, could have traveled to many planets, but no, they were in Earth.

And it was all thanks to one special girl.

Her name was Elestia, and she was a witch. She could see Rush and Priscilla struggling from deep in the chasms of evil, and she offered a rope of white, gentle light, made of the love in her heart. Who were they to not take hold of her rope?

Elestia, the same age as Rush, had shown them to her home, to her family. She showed them to her parents, to her little brother, Anthony. Priscilla and Anthony may not have gotten along much, but Rush and Elestia…

It was more than her brown curls and her gentle eyes. It was her essence, her pureness. She, a being of love, had saved him and his sister, beings of great malevolence. She saw him as a demon, and yet, Elestia still cared.

Him and Elestia were both sixteen, years had passed. Priscilla was fourteen, still hiding within the walls of the abandoned house they called “home”, coming out only to eat. But Rush and Elestia had grown intertwined, interconnected, more than friends.

She had invited him to their family ball. She loved him.

But still, his heart ached within.

He got up from the chair and walked to Priscilla’s room. The door was slammed shut, yet he still knocked.

“Pris? Are you alright? Do you want to come to the ball with me? You’re more than welcome to join.” Rush said.

“I’m fine. I’m doing the right thing. I’m remembering our parents. We can’t just act like they didn’t die right before our eyes, Rush. Leave me alone. Let me rest.” Priscilla said, throat dried from past tears and screams.

Thoughts of his parents swarmed his mind every day, but that didn’t mean that he wanted to drown in that moment every second.

“Priscilla, I love them just as much as you do. But they’re gone, and they’re never coming back. We have to move on with our lives. Hiding away and waiting to rot isn’t healthy, they would have wanted us to thrive.” Rush said.

“Maybe not, but it’s the right thing to do.” Priscilla whispered.

Rush moved his hand away from the door. He couldn’t give her what they both desired most: To be in the arms of their parents again. If they were still alive, she’d be full of laughter, just as how she used to be. At least he met Elestia, the beacon of hope in his dismal life.

He could only hope that Priscilla would find some joy of her own.

“I love you.” Rush said softly, because what else could he say? He was running out of comforting words, and Priscilla never seemed to listen.

With that, he walked, wings like a sweeping cape.

…………………………………………………….

Rush placed his claw over Elestia’s hand, admiring the majesty of her family garden. He only saw it during the day, never at night.

The sky was speckled with stars, fireflies dancing daintily in the cold wind. Guests gathered around, sharing memories they held dear to one another, reveling in one another’s company.

Just like the parties his parents used to hold. No matter what anyone thought, they only wanted to show their love.

And look at where that got them.

Rush blinked back tears. He was with the love of his life, about to start a new chapter. No time to fret about the past.

“Rush, you’re going to marry me, aren’t you?” Elestia asked, her faerie voice breaking through his troublesome thoughts.

Just like their parents before them, they had agreed to marry at sixteen, when their love was still fresh and new.

“Yes, Elestia. I am. However, there’s one thing that you should know.” Rush said.

He hoped that she didn’t hear the paranoia etched in his voice. He didn’t want Elestia to worry too much about him, as it wasn’t her job to worry, and she did more than enough for him and Priscilla already.

“Don’t be so frightened. I’ll always love you, no matter what.” Elestia said, putting a comforting hand over his claw.

He didn’t know how it was possible, but her gaze softened even more. How could someone so docile exist? Why, he’d hold her close and never let go if he could, making sure that not a thing harmed her.

Especially the demons down below.

“I-I-I…I’m a night creature. Part demon, part vampire.” Rush said.

There. It was out. She knew.



“You’re a night creature?” Elestia asked, eyebrows creasing in anger.

She drew back from him, eyes swimming with hatred. Rush’s heart began beating rapidly, so fast he thought that it would burst and bleed on his rib cage, just like how it was beating the day his parents were taken. He couldn’t be frightened, she just needed to hear him out. True love prevailed, no matter what.

“Elestia, please. Don’t let this change what we have.” Rush said, reaching his claw out to her.

She recoiled from his touch, crying out in disgust. She didn’t say it, but she didn’t have to. Rush knew what she was thinking.

He was a monster, a thing to be locked away and never let out.

“What we had doesn’t matter anymore, because you lied to me!” Elestia yelled out.

Scarlet lines glowed on her skin, the deathly color of blood. Only white glowed from her, but if she had rouge, then that meant only thing.

She touched a stone that gave her the power to kill, something his parents told him about long ago.

She really hated his kind that much, didn’t she?

“Elestia-“

But Elestia didn’t want to hear a word he said.

“May you be bound to this Earth forever until you take the soul of an innocent. Let your evil eat you out and reveal the world what you truly are!” Elestia screeched with all the fury of the things that had taken his parents.

A searing, scarring pain lashed through Rush’s back, as though someone were tearing apart through his flesh like meat to eat. He fell off the white marble bench he and Elestia were sitting on.

Rush tried to get up, but he couldn’t. His bones felt like they were all crashing into each other, like his skin was burning away, the gushing flow of blood scalding between the fabrics of his clothes and his own body.

But no, only his wings were being taken from him. His wings, the only way to get to Hell. Hell may have been full of demons, but sometimes, he and Priscilla walked hand in hand together down below, if only to reminisce of sweet things.

Yet they couldn’t even do that.

All the times he wanted to cry out for help, all the times he wanted to scream for someone to save him, they came tumbling out of his throat in a desperate, animal plea, voice high and shivering, just like a dying kitten.

Elestia, glowing white, murder all gone, but hate still strong, left him to struggle, didn’t offer her hand.

Priscilla was right all along. They should have stuck together, they should have braved it out in Hell. No, they should have tried harder to save their parents. Maybe there was a way. Maybe they could have been saved. Maybe he just wasn’t good enough.

But no, he thought that Elestia, in all of her glory, could love a thing like him.

Who was he to think that he was worthy of love?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 257 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 874
Reviews: 10

Donate
Tue May 14, 2024 8:02 am
View Likes
khushi17bansal wrote a review...



Hi!!

Dropping in for a quick review here! Also, I have not read any of the preceding or following parts, so I apologise in advance for any mistake or misunderstanding I make because of that.

I really enjoyed reading your story, it has amazing emotive power and I love how bittersweet it is. The dramatic, melancholic atmosphere that you have managed to cultivate is amazing.

Moreover, the concept of the children of vampires and demon being called Night children, and everyone's lack of tolerance for them is something very new for me. This really adds to your story and makes it so refreshing!

However, I would have like to know more about why people (demons/witches etc) are so intolerant towards the night children. Are they really powerful? Did other Night children in the past kill people? were they evil? did they start wars? what made even demons hate them?

Also, in the beginning of the story,

Priscilla was fourteen, still hiding within the walls of the abandoned house they called “home”, coming out only to eat.


you have mentioned that Priscilla only came out for meals however, later,

Hell may have been full of demons, but sometimes, he and Priscilla walked hand in hand together down below, if only to reminisce of sweet things.


This line gives me the impression that Priscilla does come out of the abandoned house. This confuses me a little, did they go for walks before their parents death or after?

Also, here,

But no, he thought that Elestia, in all of her glory, could love a thing like him.

Who was he to think that he was worthy of love?


This line confuses me too, especially since this line is preceded by Rush saying he wasn't good enough, is Rush trying to say Elestia could love him? Or is he trying to say that Elestic couldn't love him?

Overall, your story is amazing, packed with all emotions from happiness, grief, love, fear, hatred, despair, self - doubt, it is beautifully written.

Again, I have not read preceding works, I apologise for any mistake or misunderstanding of mine that stems from this.

Everything expressed in my opinion, accept or reject whatever you want.

Take care!

--KB






Priscilla only came out for meals most of the time, and sometimes they went back to Hell, to reminisce of life there.

Rush himself hated that he ever thought Elestia loved him after what she did.

Thank you for reading!





Thanks for the clarification!





You%u2019re welcome!




"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken