z

Young Writers Society


18+ Language Mature Content

~Suicide Note~

by KayKayKoala


Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for language and mature content.

I’m sorry. But I CAN’T FUCKING DO IT ANYMORE. I know I’m being selfish but I just can’t do it. It’s nobody’s fault but my own. I know people care. I’m past that. So many people have showed me how much they cared. I’m so sorry for hurting you. But I’m just done. I tried to be happy, I tried to make it work, but I couldn’t. I’m sure I could have eventually got better, but I don’t think I could stand being here that much longer. I don’t know when things started going downhill. My first cut was nearing the end of seventh grade. I did it maybe a few times then, but didn’t the entire summer. Then, I’m not sure what happened. I guess in maybe around October of eighth grade year, I just started cutting again. It was a way to release my feelings. It kept me, sometimes, from screaming at the top of my lungs. I know some people thought I was seeking attention, and that killed me, because I honestly wasn’t. I was able to keep it hidden for the first eight months I did it, and even then when it was discovered it happened to be while I was in my p.e uniform. I would sit for so long, just thinking about creative excuses to give, if anyone were to see. But then someone did, and I panicked. But at that point no excuse I had would have been believable because of the amount I had up and down my arm. I still remember the day it was discovered, like it was yesterday. Soon after, I started experiencing suicidal thoughts. I don’t remember when they started exactly, just sometimes around then. But I knew I was safe for the most part, because at that particular time, I didn’t have the courage to actually end my life. But now I do. I have for a while now. Maybe since the end of eighth grade. I guess I just got so bad that I now felt able to it. It’s hard to explain completely how I felt. Sometimes, nothing would be wrong really, I just felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders and there was nothing I could do about it, and I felt so depressed. That, I believe was a chemical imbalance, because I had several different variations of an event like that happen where nothing was really wrong at that moment. Sometimes, I cut out of anger. Or sadness. Or fear (anxiety). It was just my way of coping, and even now, I would think into the future, and just wonder… how was I supposed to get better? What is something that someone could do, that could possibly make me feel better? I didn’t understand how it was possible. So.. this is it, I guess.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
45 Reviews


Points: 159
Reviews: 45

Donate
Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:13 am
View Likes
tronks wrote a review...



I don't find this irritating to read. There's nothing irritating in reading about self-harm imo, and the rating for this is already set as having mature content. I think it provides great insight as to what someone enduring depression would feel. There's a sense of hopelessness and a sense of being misunderstood. Though, if you're suffering through anything in this note, you should talk to someone on this site or elsewhere in your life you can trust. This doesn't have to be "it", you know?




User avatar
933 Reviews


Points: 4261
Reviews: 933

Donate
Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:10 am
View Likes
Iggy wrote a review...



Hello there.

I figured since I bumped the rating on this to an 18+ for that big ol' F-Bomb, I'd give it a review as well. Let's see...

This is personal for you. I dislike touching stories that center around suicide, since more than likely, it's close to the author's heart and I don't want to open any old wounds or start a fight. >_> As such, I won't bother with correcting your grammar or talking about imagery, etc. This is more like a blog (which we do have, found here), so I'll treat it as such.

This is strangely beautiful for a suicide note. That sounds odd, I know, but it was explained so nicely. It wasn't just focused on the self-harm and the reason(s) for why the narrator is going to kill themselves; it was more deep than that. More explanatory. I dunno, I just liked it. ^^

Something you could add in would be a bigger, better reason why. Or reasons. Being aloof and mysterious is cool and all, but I don't think it works for this story. Why is the narrator wanting to kill themselves? I want to know why, especially when they say they have people who care about them. Speaking of these people, how do they make the narrator feel? I know that if I wanted to commit suicide (and believe me, I've been there) and I had someone, anyone, telling me they cared about me, it would change everything. You wouldn't want to do it anymore. Unless you're too far gone. So I want to know -- why does this not affect the narrator in any way? Why does the narrator still continue to feel they way, even after someone has looked them in the eye and told them they care?

Besides that, I'm not sure what else to say. I know this was hard for you to write, and I know it's close to you, personally. I just want you to know that those people that care about you won't be the same if you do something. Even if it's just self-harm. When you love someone, you die a little inside whenever they're hurt. That's just what love is. And they aren't gonna stop loving you. No matter what you think you're doing wrong, you're probably perfect in their eyes. So please, give them a call. Say I love you. Go get a cup of coffee. Enjoy your life; you're so young. It gets better. They'll help make it better. You'll see, I hope.

Here is a list of suicide hotlines, for a wide range of countries, if you want to talk to someone anonymously. I encourage you to do something, anything, and reach out, so someone can help you. Take care of yourself, okay?

Hope this helps,

~Iggy




User avatar
62 Reviews


Points: 2003
Reviews: 62

Donate
Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:30 am
Poopsie says...



;~; why? It just makes me sad, it's depressing beyond sensibility and its sad and slightly irritating. :( What is the point of this?




KayKayKoala says...


I'm sorry that you don't like it, but it was my decision to post it.
My intention was not to irritate you, or upset you, and I am sorry if that is what happened.
But there is a vast variation of topics or things on here, and I am sure others of them offend other people as well.
Although, that is not what the intentions of the author is.
So, again, I am sorry that this upsets you, but it was my choice to post it.



Verser says...


Noooo, nonononono please don't be sorry. It doesn't offend me and im really not as irritated to the point that I would be offended. We can both agree that it is depressing, I myself am against suicide and cutting, but that's my opinion, pleeeeeease don't be sorry.



KayKayKoala says...


Oh, okay!
Thank You!!



User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 2935
Reviews: 103

Donate
Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:11 am
Burrow wrote a review...



Wow, that touched my heart, it really did, I just read it over and over again, it really moved me, I really hope that this isn't actually happening in your life, if it is feel free to talk to me, I have gone through the same thing. There are a few things though I suggest you could fix, maybe don't but this in poem, and spilt the paragraphs up, which would make this a lot easier to read.

But anyway that was actually amazing, and I loved it, it held so much emotion, and thankyou for sharing this with me!

Jack




KayKayKoala says...


Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!
I might message you sometime, you seem really nice.
Thanks again!



Burrow says...


That's ok, if you need to talk about anything, feel free, I am an open box :)




The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna