z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Can you show me your face, Cry?

by Pinkiegirl13


Spoilers: Please don't review this. 

Hi there

My name was Eryka Presley

I was your biggest fan

I watched your videos

Now and then

Your sense of humor made me smile

As your handsome voice was music to my ears

Every time I watched your funny videos

You never showed your face

I was always wandering what you looked like

Because you sounded like an angel

An angel with a wonderful voice who never revealed himself

You always wore a mask which was your mascot named 'Sup Guy'

You never took it off to show us your whole face

Expected your mouth which formed a smile

You were the most mysterious person that I'd ever met

I knew that you didn't like to show yourself to people

But I wanted you to show me who you really were

So I asked you this, my friend

Can you show me your face, Cry?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
179 Reviews


Points: 15489
Reviews: 179

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:17 pm
View Likes
r4p17 wrote a review...



Knight r4 here to review this work. I know that you don't want this work to be reviewed, and you don't have to take my advice, but if you are going to post something it appears in the Green Room so I am obliged to clear it out as a knight of the Green Room. Please don't take offense or anything. I am not trying to spite you or anything like that. Hope this helps. :D

I noticed that you had certain words in blue like a link. I am not quite sure why. Is it supposed to indicate something such as an accent or what? Please let me know.

One thing I noticed is that you have virtually no punctuation of any kind. That indicates that that this is one long sentence. Though, I must say, that is probably one of the longest sentences I have ever seen :P.

You always wore a mask which was your mascot named 'Sup Guy'
I am not sure if this was supposed to be funny or not, but you need to shorten it a little.

Can you show me your face, Cry?
I noticed that these two punctuation marks comprised half of the punctuation in the entire sentence. But ironically I think that the comma should be replaced by an and.

Overall this was pretty well written. I am not quite sure what the purpose of the poem was, though I think that I might be a romance poem. It kind of had that flavor to it.

The only thing I thought you could do a little better on overall, aside from the punctuation, was make the poem flow a little better, and have a little more structure than you had.

Again I hope this helps you, and I hope that you aren't upset about me reviewing this. Like I said I am not trying to be mean, though as Bicuits said, "the whole point of YWS is to review." So for you to tell people not to review is A) taking points away from them that they could earn to use for publishing their own works and B) discouraging them from doing their duty to KotGR. I hope you aren't offended. Happy writing!!! :D




Pinkiegirl13 says...


Dude, Cry is a name of the guy. It needs a comma. And the first one is not supposed to be funny and didn't need to be shorten.



r4p17 says...


Oh, I didn't know that Cry was the name of a person! That never crossed my mind.

The reason I said to shorten it was because I thought it didn't flow very well like a poem should.



Pinkiegirl13 says...


Who's cares?! It is a not rhyme poem.



SARAHJO says...


We're just trying to help, my friend.



Pinkiegirl13 says...


We are not friends, ma'am.



User avatar
417 Reviews


Points: 500
Reviews: 417

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:16 am
View Likes
Willard wrote a review...



Hey, Pinkiegirl13, Strangelove here and I have a review for you!
This was a decent work, I have to admit. I was quite, unsure of what the message/meaning of this poem was.
First off, there was no pattern or rhyme. Not every poem needs a rhyme or a pattern, but this is too straightforward to be a poem. It tells an unique story of a stalker (which had weirdly a huge amount of detail of this youtuber for a poem) who is completely obsessed. You don't go the way of "uber obsessed" as some do, but you still do it. You say this poem in a great way, just blunt and honest. It does seem creepy, but you handle it in a different way.
There are problems with this. Not feeling like a poem, and the random amount of detail. It felt way too thought out, like you experienced this (Most likely didn't) but you can write. Also, you make the reader seem that we can relate to the narrator, which I don't see how. They never met this youtuber yet wants to be there for them.
Overall, good job.
Strange gives you...
7.1/10
Good job,
Keep writing,
Stay groovy, my friend.




Pinkiegirl13 says...


Dude, why a review? It is about a girl who is a fan who wants to see the guy. I am detailing of how cry's voice, his personalities, and the looks of him. Plus, this is not a obsession thing.



Willard says...


If you don't want a review, then don't post it!



Pinkiegirl13 says...


Rude...



ExOmelas says...


Hey, Pinkie. Listen, Strange isn't trying to be rude (are you Strange? ;)). It's just that the whole point of YWS is to review. I won't review it, as you wish, but don't be surprised if someone else does.

I hope you don't take offence :)



Willard says...


I'm not trying to be rude, but somebody ought to review it, and I did



User avatar
351 Reviews


Points: 11482
Reviews: 351

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:51 am
View Likes
Kanome says...



I know you don't want reviews on this, but it needs to be reviewed in order to leave the green room... May I suggest this as a blog post?




User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 607
Reviews: 65

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:40 am
wtppowers says...



Pinkie, buddy! Hey! I know you don't want anyone to review this for you... but, whatever. I'm gonna summarize this, and review what happened.
*reads*
On second thought, I won't.
It's very good. But, I've got a concern. If you wanted nobody to review this, why not just turn it into a blog post?




User avatar
122 Reviews


Points: 2321
Reviews: 122

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:03 am



I don't know why you said not to review, but I won't. This is still a beautiful piece, and it made me cry. I love it.




Pinkiegirl13 says...


Thanks for that. Also, how it made you cry, friend?





The words you put in make or break it.



User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 6395
Reviews: 60

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:11 am
queerelves says...



Spoiler! :
If you want something to show up like this, the code to do so is [ spoiler ] your text [ / spoiler ] but without the spaces.


Since your work is in the Green Room, people will want to review it—but it can't leave the Green Room until it gets two reviews.

Also, I think your computer may have a virus. There's a virus that a lot of people seem to have that places random links into text files created on your computer. I think Nate a post about it and how to get rid of it, so you may want to check that out~




Pinkiegirl13 says...


Well, nothing's wrong with my computer. It always do that.



Kanome says...


Then you need to uninstall unnecessary programs from your computer because it will make the computer lag, plus, those kinds of links are advertisements for a product.



queerelves says...


It's not supposed to do that, though. Here's the post about the malware that causes it: If you see random links in a lit work...



User avatar
131 Reviews


Points: 11451
Reviews: 131

Donate
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:54 pm
View Likes
MaryEvans says...



"Spoilers: Please don't review this. "

Then don't post it here, because it won't leave the green room until it receives at least 2 reviews.





When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet