z

Young Writers Society


12+

My Worst Week (Part 4)

by buddy886551


Chapter 4

It was the day of the kidnapping. Dan had to wait in the car because of his shattered foot. He fittled with his thumbs while waiting for John and Micheal to come back with the kids. He shifted in his seat and pulled the photo of Gabe,Tabby,and CeCe out of his jeans pocket.He stared at the kids in the picture and wondered why he agreed to do this. He took a deep breath as he saw Micheal and John come out of the old fashioned blue house dragging the scared kids behind them. Dan closed his eyes. Remember your family. He thought to himself. I opened my eyes as Micheal opened the car door and shoved the kids inside and thrust himself in next to them. Next John took his seat as driver and we took off. I angled myself so I could see the kids. They had shrunched up there faces and were oozing tears of fright. I really felt bad for them. After all they were being taken away from there home by strangers and had no clue what would happen to them and again I was wondering why I was doing this. Finally after four or five minutes the car stopped. But we weren't in yet. Micheal got out of the car and went up to a huge gate and unlocked it so the car could get through. John hadn't showed me the place where we were going to keep the kids yet. But he said that they couldn't get out and was he right! Around the property there was a tall brick wall and in the middle sat a sad looking house. It was painted a greyish color and clearly had not been used in awile. We pulled up in front of the house. I climbed out of the car and herded the kids up the steps of the house. John was in the lead because he was the only one who was here before. We went through a dim hallway and at the very last door he ordered the kids inside. He shut the door and locked it.

"Well" He said "The hard part is done."

I nodded. "What are we going to do in the mean time?" I asked.

John shrugged. "You know just play cards and maybe watch TV." He replyed. It all sounded normal. I longed for normal and after this nothing will ever be normal again. When I get married and have kids, everytime I look at my kids I will remember what I did. Its going to haunt me for eternity. I shook my head to refocus.

"What are these kids last names?" I asked.

"Romanov" John answered.

"What is that?" I questioned " Because its not American is it?"

John waved his arm at me. "I think its Russian but why does there last name matter?"

I shrugged "I was just curious." I told him. Again I pulled out the photo of Gabe,Tabby, and CeCe. They all had perfectly straight blonde hair and a gleam of confidence in each of there eyes. They didn't have that gleam when I saw them. I frowned at the photo and put in away. I sighed and wondered through the empty house. There really wasn't much to see. A few mice sniffing around and moldly furniture. I sat down in a chair missing one arm rest. Did these kids really deserve to pay for what their brother did? I knew the answer to that.

No.

I pounded on the chair in anger. The other arm rest fell off. I got up and kicked the broken arm rest. I kicked it till I had all my anger drained. I know I shouldn't fear Jack anymore. I should fear myself.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
363 Reviews


Points: 28237
Reviews: 363

Donate
Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:54 pm
DreamWork wrote a review...



Hi there,Dark with review here.

Lets start from the first of your story for this part 4.

#It was the day of the kidnapping. Dan had to wait in the car because of his shattered foot. He fittled with his thumbs while waiting for John and Micheal to come back with the kids. He shifted in his seat and pulled the photo of Gabe,Tabby,and CeCe out of his jeans pocket.He stared at the kids in the picture and wondered why he agreed to do this.#

The description is a bit odd and stiff.I can't feel the feelings here.Well,you should work hard to make sure you can impress the reader with your writing styles.Need some more improvement.(Please don't hate me)

Some part is quiet well-written,but I am not sure about the plot.

# "What are these kids last names?" I asked.

"Romanov" John answered.

"What is that?" I questioned " Because its not American is it?"

John waved his arm at me. "I think its Russian but why does there last name matter?" #-->The same with this part.

Some grammatical errors I found here,take time to reread and fix it all.I like the story about,just keep it up!
kudos,dark.




User avatar
508 Reviews


Points: 11370
Reviews: 508

Donate
Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:14 am
dragonfphoenix wrote a review...



As a Knight, one of my duties is to review Green Room stories and rescue them from the dangers of being "un-reviewed". So I'm going to read this as objectively as possible...

That lasted until the sixth sentence before I had to stop and come down to the review section. "He took a deep breath as he saw Micheal and John come out of the old fashioned blue house dragging the scared kids behind them". Really. The kids' ages are 14, 11, and 6. And two guys just waltz into this house and come out with "scared kids" being dragged like sacks of potatoes, dead weight to do whatever they're supposed to do as hostages.
Okay, I'm going to show you logic so you can improve the realism of your stories.

I am the oldest of four, and I can tell you from experience that trying to drag two kids around the ages 11 and 6 by myself is a pain, and next to impossible if they're fighting back. Compound that with a 14 year old, and we've got problems. Even if I had one of my friends helping, we'd run into major issues with the 14 yr. old. And these are siblings. So they're going to work together to protect themselves. So you've got a 14 and 11 yr. old working together to protect their family from two dumb college kids who think they can abduct them. And if you think girls with two older brothers, especially with that age gap, are wusses, then you haven't seen girls with older brothers. At the very least those girls would know how to scratch, claw, gouge, kick, and bite. Depending on the family, they might even know how to throw a good punch or two (we'll leave the martial arts out of it for now). And exactly where are the parents in all of this? Why are all three kids conveniently at home together, unattended, ripe for kidnapping (besides the obvious authorial contrivance)?

That may seem harsh, but those are the types of logical questions you're going to have to answer in order for your writing to improve. If you want to attract readers, you have to make sense. If you don't make sense, readers can't follow you. If you don't make logical sense, readers will understand why they're not going to follow you. And if you want to be successful, you have to write what will attract and keep readers. Part of that attracting readers process is making your story realistic and believable. As this story stands, it is neither.

I honestly hope this helps you improve your writing.

Knight Dragon




User avatar
57 Reviews


Points: 4919
Reviews: 57

Donate
Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:29 am
Kevikur wrote a review...



Hi, Buddy! I read the first three chapters of your story and I can't wait to read the next one to see your writing improve and your ideas develop. Even though the story line you have going here is a bit far-fetched, I think if you really went into depth and added some twists to it, it could be great.

From the previous couple chapters, John had seemingly come out of the blue with the idea to kidnap these kids. I think you should have added some real background descriptions of these characters. John could be mentally ill, which is why he proposed this popostrous idea. He could be a brother hell bent on revenge on Jack, though all he did was break Dan's ankle on accident. Perhaps tweaking the story line a bit would due good so the story will seem a bit more realistic. So far, all these characters seem a bit flat, though you do give us some amazing lines into Dan's head that makes us sympathize with him. I love the last sentence.

In the first paragraph, it might do good to break that huge block of text. When someone clicks on this story to read, they'll be frightened off by a humongous chunk of words to read right off the bat. You could break into a second paragraph after the sentence "He stared at the kids in the picture and wondered why he agreed to do this." Also, the proper grammar when someone speaks is to put a comma before the quotation marks and for the noun after to be lowercase, unless it's proper.

For example: "Well" He said "The hard part is done."
It should be: "Well," he said, "The hard part is done."

There are a few more mistakes in here but I believe after a couple days you can read through it and easily spot them out; for example, you switched from 3rd person into 1st person point of view. Be sure you're careful not to do that! If you need help, let me know and I'll help you edit!

Let me know when the next chapter is posted. Keep it up, Buddy!

-Kev





I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
— Émile Zola