z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Plenty of fish in the sea (Short funny poem)

by SmileAndWorry


Plenty of fish in the sea they say

Plenty of fish in the sea

But if there are so many fish in the sea...

Why am I so hungry?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
193 Reviews


Points: 575
Reviews: 193

Donate
Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:25 pm
herbgirl wrote a review...



Ha! I think this is funny!
You start reading it, and your all serious, then it ends with a laugh! Great!
Of course you could have meant it symbolicly, but I know you didn't because then it wouldn't be funny!
There is nothing here really to criticize,so.... Yeah.
Keep writing stuff like this!
Thanks for the read!
herby




User avatar
74 Reviews


Points: 648
Reviews: 74

Donate
Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:27 am
WindSailor wrote a review...



Haha, I really enjoyed this. It was really simple, but really elegantly put at the same time. When I saw it I thought of how people always say it when they are talking about finding a future spouse. I don't really have anything negative to say, and it seems the reviewers below me have pointed out everything that I would have. It was the perfect size in my opinion and really made me smile at the end of it. Keep writing like this, I really enjoyed it. - Hsarver :)




User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 5041
Reviews: 103

Donate
Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:21 am
KittyCatMeow wrote a review...



Hello, SmileAndWorry! How are you this fine day?

Eh, put the formalities away! Let's start the engines towards my review!

First of all, I like how you repeated the first two lines and the meaning you put into it. However, I don't understand how this is a "funny" poem. This sounds more serious to me.

Think about it. Seriously, just think. If you were hungry, with so many fish in the sea, and you couldn't find anything to eat, would you think that was funny? Would you believe that maybe you just wouldn't die, and without the fishes you are left hungry forever? I'm actually shocked and impressed. Sorry if I'm discouraging you. The genre and title just don't make sense with the context.

Plenty of fish in the sea they say

Plenty of fish in the sea


Like I already said, I love how you repeated this, and now it really sounds like a song. ;) It's perfectly fine though. Although, more punctuation would be appreciated, like commas.

But if there are so many fish in the sea...

Why am I so hungry?


You repeated "fish in the sea" three times, which adds to the flow. Thank goodness you know how to be a great poet! You save me from typing in extra sections that need help!

Overall, this is a short, sweet poem that could use just some more extra things. Nothing more.

Keep writing! ;)

~Kitty




User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 872
Reviews: 171

Donate
Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:46 pm
SecreteJournalist wrote a review...



Omg..Omg..Omg! I have found another person my age! YAY! I am SecreteJournalist, but feel free to call me Brie. I am reviewing for the Green Lanterns today... happy review day to you!!!!!

I write a lot poetry, so when I saw poem IN the title, I got really excited! You were not joking, this is a really, really short poem.

A big pointer, use proper punctuation to spruce up the poem. Capitalization goes infront of every sentence, not every line.

I can see you have edited this, so good job on that!

What I find ironic about this, is I don't find this funny. I think differently than others, so this poem is more sad to me.

The why am I so hungry is sad. I think of like, homeless or underfed children, where theres plenty of food, but they cant go out and get it.

But yeah, that's me... full of depressing thoughts lol. So I would love it if you could make this longer! I want to know more!

But, if you want to write a serious poem, you could so take up on my idea of hunger and unfed children ;) But that's just me, for you, this is prefect, and that's what matters most (:

Great job, keep writing, I will keep reading.

~Sincerely
SecreteJournalist
AKA
Brie




Random avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 35

Donate
Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:31 pm
EmoChikXoX wrote a review...



Heyy, I'm EmoChikXoX! :)

I must say, I like this. It's short and sweet, and doesn't go on for ages :) I love your creativity and the humor you have used to write this :) The poem is easy to read and it is an enjoyable one :)

If you have anything you want reviewing, just let me know. I want to read more of your work!

Well done, keep posting! :)

~EmoChikXoX




User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 1303
Reviews: 39

Donate
Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:51 am
znale1 wrote a review...



Hi, SmileAndWorry (I like your name). Okay i dont have anything to say so i will get to the point.

this poem is nice and short. let me start with the things that went wrong so that its easy on you.

1. after the punctuation marks start a new sentence.

2. plety i think it's plenty

that's all the bad stuff usually there are heaps but your is short and good. Now for the good stuff.

1. it's short and funny :)

2. It's easy to read.

this is so good so far. You should write more poems.




User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:47 pm
KnightTeen wrote a review...



Short, sweet, and too the point. I like you already.

Hey, HT here to review.

Just two little things that I spotted.

1) In the second line you misspelled the word, 'plenty' by leaving out the 'n'.

2) I don't think you need quite that many periods in line three. Maybe just three or four instead.

Loved the ending by the way.

This is a really good work, by the way.

Welcome to Young Writers Society.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to private message me.

Happy Writing!
HT




User avatar
110 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 110

Donate
Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:19 pm
ImHero wrote a review...



It is ImHero here to review your writing!

What I liked?
-original approach
-the silliness
- the idea- because it makes the reader think

What can be improved?
-Well you have repeated the same phrase three times just to ask why you are hungry if there are so many fish in the sea. It might be rediculas but this could have been said in way fewer words and held more meaning to the words.
-misspelling plenty- I mean you have four lines you should at least write them carefully
-that awful use of "............."

Sorry if this is short.. this is well, a short poem. :)

Your Hero,
ImHero





Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.
— George Eliot