Love

by santana

Not too many things possess more power than love

Because love is resilient enough to turn our lives around
Or leave us lying on the ground
Because it gives us a funny feeling
that forever keeps us reeling
To love someone or something is meaningful
And inspiring others to love can result in many great things

What makes love so powerful is that it can be found anywhere
At any time

That's why love should be embraced by all
and nurtured in all its forms
No matter how tough
Or how affectionate

Because wherever love is,
It can change a mind, a heart, a life, and a soul
We begin to see things in a way we never thought possible

And our hearts begin to grow warm and tender

Thu May 23, 2013 1:38 pm
diamondleshae says...

cool and inspriational .
what do it means to be loved.
write more santana

bandgeek101 wrote a review...

Hi, Bandgeek here! This poem was a great poem about a general topic, and I really liked it. I agree with Animal, this poem needs a rhyme scheme. It was a great poem, no doubt about that, but the rhyme scheme and formation of the poem were a little off. Otherwise, great work and definitely keep writing poetry!

Animal wrote a review...

Animal is here to save the world review.
#1 for review day.
Let's get started...

This was cute and lovely and cuddly and all the synonyms that goes for cute.
This is my first review for this special day.

Spelling mistakes. Check. Impressive

Or leave us lying on the ground

This is the best line but you need to break it down.

Now a days, I see that people don't rhyme, but I appreciate you and tell you that I myself can't write a poem that doesn't rhyme.

But, there is no SPECIFIC RHYMING PATTERN to this poem. If you use a specific pattern, it would look more beautiful.

Your Infinitely,
Ani

Hi santana! Niteowl here to review.

Ah, love. Inspiration for approximately 10 gazillion poems, stories, and other creative works. Everyone experiences it, and so we all want to write about it. What then happens is that everyone ends up saying the same stuff in the same way. To write about love in a way that's actually interesting, you have to try to do something different.

There's a start here, talking about love in both its conventional and unconventional forms. But it feels rather prose-y and attempts to be too broad. To pack a bigger punch, I might provide specific examples. For instance, you could show a couple where one is in the hospital and the other's by his side. Or a man with a troubled past working to make life better for his son. Or something like that.

I think there's a good idea here, but more specific images would leave a greater impact and sound less cliche. Keep writing! :)

SushiSashimi333 says...

This was nice, I never considered there being different types of loves. This was very good I think. It wasn't just about mushy gushy things like most love poems would be, this has sense.

Audy wrote a review...

Hey Santana,

First off -- I love your username, man c:

I also like and agree with a lot of the things you had to say about love, but I don't like how it's being executed. Here you have an idea/rant and you're telling us everything you want to say while speaking in the broad terms of generalities.

Be specific!

Whenever you deal with generalities, you keep us a distance away from the poem. But when you're specific, you engage the reader -- it's as though you are zooming in a microscope and all of a sudden we're privy to all these details and we can see the pictures clearly in our heads! So, for example, here:

Or leave us lying on the ground
Because it gives us a funny feeling

While I applaud your rhymes, there's not much in here that really engages me because it's too general. Instead of telling us love is resilient, if you painted a picture of a couple huddled and grasping each other's hands and bodies together during a winter storm, all of a sudden we can see and feel the resilience of love. Show, don't tell!

Implement figurative language!

The best way to give your poetry some pizzaz is to implement figurative language such as metaphors, similes, personifications, etc. C: There's a big difference between saying "love is powerful" and saying something along the lines of "love is a gladiator at war, striking at the hearts of foes with a flick of its sword!"

I hope these simple tips can help you out. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, and keep writing!

~ as always, Audy

Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 am
dark says...

This poem is very sweet. I couldn't have done it better myself.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:22 pm

First off, I really did enjoy this. It had a nice flow to it and I liked the subtle rhyming which is seen mostly in the first stanza, but rears up again throughout. Kudos. The only thing is, I found the structure off. Like, was it AABB, or ABAB? Or any other? It was difficult to tell because it didn't have a set structure, or so it looked like. I think this can be easily fixed though if you revise it and edit it when you have some spare time on your hands.

Very enjoyable poem none the less. It sort of reminds me of a Rhudyard Kipling kind of poem for some reason. :D my favorite line > "Because love is resilient enough to turn our lives around. Or leave us lying on the ground". Well done anyways. :) Hope this was some way helpful.

There's a Brazilian things you could write about. You just gotta pick Juan.
— Hattable