Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Welcome » Welcome Mat

Howdy All!!



User avatar



Gender: Other
Points: 125
Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:08 am
View Likes
FoolishForsythia says...



Hey all! I'm not entirely sure what the best way to introduce myself is honestly! I'm FoolishForsythia (I'm cool with any sort of nickname!), I'm 18, I've been wanting to get back to writing after something of a break. I'm thrilled to be here! I've always been looking for a nice writing community.
Other than writing, I'm pretty interested in video games and gardening!
Thanks for checking this out, I can't wait to start reading, reviewing, and posting. :D
  





User avatar
372 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 24772
Reviews: 372
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:03 am
View Likes
whatchamacallit says...



Hey Forsythia, welcome to YWS!! If you have any questions about how the site works as you're getting settled in, I'd be glad to answer those for you ^^

Ooh gardening is awesome! c: Do you prefer like flower gardening or vegetable gardening or both or something else entirely?
u make me go wat cuz u so wat n u can always go what around u watcha

--SpiritedWolfe


accepting reviews! <3
[miscellaneous whatcha poetry can be found here]
proud supporter of the chickens.


< she/her >
  





User avatar
1049 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 138538
Reviews: 1049
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:02 am
View Likes
alliyah says...



Hey welcome! Hope you like the site! Gardening's a ton of fun! :) What sorts of things do you write? If you're interested in staying up to date with poetry events and activities on the site, I recommend subscribing to the Poetry Readers Club, Poem A Week: For Prompts and the Poetry Jam Club. We'd love to have you join! :)
i can't love you if you don't know the difference between teal & dark cyan
&
you should know i am a time traveler
&
there is no season as achingly temporary as now

  





User avatar



Gender: Other
Points: 125
Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:07 am
View Likes
FoolishForsythia says...



whatchamacallit wrote:Hey Forsythia, welcome to YWS!! If you have any questions about how the site works as you're getting settled in, I'd be glad to answer those for you ^^

Ooh gardening is awesome! c: Do you prefer like flower gardening or vegetable gardening or both or something else entirely?


Thank you so much!!! I’ll definitely let you know if I have any questions/concerns. :)

Yeah, it’s really fun!!! I enjoy both vegetable and flower gardening. I really like the idea of growing food, but I also appreciate the “aesthetics” (for lack of a better term) of growing flowers. I’m also not super familiar with it, but plant/flower symbolism is also really interesting, and it’s fun to delve into the significance of whatever I’m growing! How about you? Do you have a preference?

alliyah wrote:Hey welcome! Hope you like the site! Gardening's a ton of fun! :) What sorts of things do you write? If you're interested in staying up to date with poetry events and activities on the site, I recommend subscribing to the Poetry Readers Club, Poem A Week: For Prompts and the Poetry Jam Club. We'd love to have you join! :)


Thank you, I’m definitely enjoying it so far! I usually write short stories (mostly fantasy), but I also like writing poems here and there. Also, thank you for the suggestions! I’ll check these out as soon as I get a chance :)
  





User avatar
76 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 1603
Reviews: 76
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:19 am
View Likes
NivedaJames22 says...



Hello Forsythia!! Welcome to YWS! Hope you have a great time here! (:
  





User avatar



Gender: Other
Points: 125
Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:28 am
View Likes
FoolishForsythia says...



NivedaJames22 wrote:Hello Forsythia!! Welcome to YWS! Hope you have a great time here! (:


Thank you so much!!!! I’m happy to be here :)
  





User avatar
1049 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 138538
Reviews: 1049
Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:29 am
View Likes
alliyah says...



Oh fantasy nice! We've got a good group of fantasy writers on YWS so you'll fit right in! And poetry is always fun too! All the best in your writing endeavors!
i can't love you if you don't know the difference between teal & dark cyan
&
you should know i am a time traveler
&
there is no season as achingly temporary as now

  





User avatar
372 Reviews



Gender: Female
Points: 24772
Reviews: 372
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:28 pm
View Likes
whatchamacallit says...



Ah yes I definitely know what you mean about the ~aesthetic~ of flower gardening! There are a couple flowers I just adore -- snapdragons, gladiolus -- and I'll steal a corner of my family's vegetable garden just to grow some of those xD

Aah I don't know much about plant symbolism but that does sound cool!
u make me go wat cuz u so wat n u can always go what around u watcha

--SpiritedWolfe


accepting reviews! <3
[miscellaneous whatcha poetry can be found here]
proud supporter of the chickens.


< she/her >
  





User avatar



Gender: Other
Points: 125
Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:43 pm
View Likes
FoolishForsythia says...



alliyah wrote:Oh fantasy nice! We've got a good group of fantasy writers on YWS so you'll fit right in! And poetry is always fun too! All the best in your writing endeavors!


I’m glad to hear that, I can’t wait to check out everyone’s writing. Thank you!

whatchamacallit wrote:Ah yes I definitely know what you mean about the ~aesthetic~ of flower gardening! There are a couple flowers I just adore -- snapdragons, gladiolus -- and I'll steal a corner of my family's vegetable garden just to grow some of those xD

Aah I don't know much about plant symbolism but that does sound cool!


That’s so cool, I’ve always wanted to grow gladioli (apparently that’s the plural form of the word) and snapdragons. As far as flowers go, I’m a big fan of hibiscuses, hostas, roses, and orchids! Ironically enough, I’ve yet to grow any forsythias, although I’d really love to do so sometime soon.
  





User avatar
757 Reviews



Gender: None specified
Points: 11008
Reviews: 757







Seeing is believing, but feeling is the truth.
— Thomas Fuller