z

Young Writers Society

Coleraine: The Final Act in this Madness

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:09 pm
LastPaladin says...

Plot
Scientist and Historians are still unable to explain how Coleraine vanished in the early 19th Century. It was once the centre of growth, attracting trade and much tourism. But without warning it vanished. It was like it had never ever existed. Fast Forward to 2010, a Uni Group working on an archeological dig are walking back, when the encounter a Town not on the map, but being tired they enter.

Setting

UK: 2010 Eastern England
Spoiler! :

Coleraine looping 1 year continually (The build up to it eventually vanishing)
Spoiler! :
Coleraine is large town with a thriving work ethic, known mainly for it's trading ties. It contains a courthouse, townhall, a cemetery and cathedral.

Being an industrious town there is many coal powered plants.

Running through the town is a river that doesn't exist anymore in 2010.

The town has a wall around it.

In the absolute centre is a fountain.

Some of the people in the town have gone insane others have become aggressive and the others just depressed. The noble families are just gone except for Manors and Burtons.

Being a Victorian town it stills believes the Monarchy has sway and kids and woman are forced to do the gruelling and menial tasks.

Rules:

1. No Godmodding

2. You can have at most two characters the Uni group or towns folk.

3. Minimum of 400 words

4. If you play a Victorian keep the clothes and speaking accurate please.

5. I want absolute commitment, only join if you're willing to commit to this.

6. Respect other players (no flaming)

7. Starts 10th of September, profiles must be in before then.

8. Most of all enjoy but understand this is a horror.

Profile Templates:
Spoiler! :
Name:

Second Name:

Age: (No kids young adults being 16 or more -- except in Uni group must be over 18 for that --- but no kids)

Description/Appearance: (Written or picture up to you --- no anime ones please)

Personality:

History:

Victorian or Modern: (Basically is your character with the Uni group or living in the time loop)

Educations or Skills:

Loyal or Neutral the the Evil: (Only towns folk can be loyal to the evil)

Items or Equipment:

Music: (Song to go with them personality wise)
Last edited by LastPaladin on Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:41 pm
SisterItaly says...

I'll edit it later verny, stomach ache and headache and BLAH humidity is getting to me

Name: Jesse

Second Name: Swan

Description/Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Jesse is sweet, but just a tad to hyper for many people's likings. She is constantly in motion. She isn't one to fight, and her bark is worse then her bite. She dreams big and it seems to everyone that she sees everything differently. Whether it's the big or small picture.

History: Jesse grew up in high class, and didn't have to work, but she wanted to. She loved history, and took many history courses, she wanted to know how humans got where they are today. From nothing to... everything!

Victorian or Modern: Modern

Educations or Skills: Several history degrees

Loyal or Neutral the the Evil: (Only towns folk can be loyal to the evil)

Items or Equipment: Several history books, dream catcher (always has one with her, its a small key chain), three large 400 sheet lined paper notebooks, and of course a package of pens.

Music: Brick by Boring Brick - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A63VwWz1ij0
Last edited by SisterItaly on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:25 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Profile. Will finish later/tomorrow.

Name: Anabelle

Second Name: Blackthorne.

Description/Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Kind, caring, loving, distant, determined, and fiery, Anabelle is friendly and kind and rarely angry. She prefers peace to violence and doesn't like to fight. She often seems timid and shy, though she's semi-confident once you get to know her.

History: Anabelle grew up sewing, reading, writing and doing the normal things expected of a woman during her life. As a child, she loved to play outside, but as she grew up, she was expected to start practicing the things she'd need when she became the wife of some rich young man.

Now, unknown to her, she's stuck in a loop, repeating the same year over and over. The very year before she was to be married.

Victorian or Modern: Victorian.

Educations or Skills: Anabelle can read and write, but she has no more education then that and her only skills involve sewing, cooking and cleaning.

Loyal or Neutral to the Evil: Neutral.

Items or Equipment: A parasol and an old iron key that goes to her mother's jewelery box.

Music: Love The Fall - Michael Paynter; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMIfbsUyKZc or Blind - Hercules and Love Affair; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8S51M2GAc
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:28 pm
Elinor says...

In! Will post profile later.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:38 pm
View Likes
BondGirl007 says...

I'll take a victorian!
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

168 Reviews

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:29 pm
LastPaladin says...

Name: Edgar

Second Name: Hughes

Description/Appearance: Edgar is a young teacher, with striking blond hair, he's clean shaven and wears his hair untied. He wears very casual clothes faded jeans and some metal band t-shirt.

Personality: Edgar is what you would call laid back, he really tries to teach the kids through practical lessons rather than academic. He sees the schools of essays and exams not the way to go with the youth. Being quite exuberant he's been reprimanded in the past for being too close to some of his students.

He loves history though and defends the Uni grant to keep the course going with a furious passion. When not at work he goes to the bar has some with his mates and listens to Classic Metal.

He's a kind and honest person, and really tries to help the Uni students if he can. Having an open-door-policy for them. Due to his degree in Psychology he is kind of the resident 'Agony Aunt'. But he's also quite stubborn which gets him into many an argument with the board.

History: (Will fill in later)

Educations or Skills: Tutor of Historical Archaeology
Degrees:
1. History
European
Asian

2. Psychology

Items or Equipment: Rucksack with trowel, excavating brushes. Laptop, Textbooks and archaeological kit

Music: (Song to go with them personality wise)
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:34 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Name: Arianna

Second Name: Hanes

Description/Appearance: She has long, curly brown hair that goes down to her waist. She has deep forest green eyes. She weighs around 130 pounds, and is 5'3. She wears black tanks and tiny jean short shots. She has a natural tan and is American Indian decent.

Personality: She is very outgoing and fun to be around. She is a wild child and always wants to party. It was a miracle that she was able to be on the Archeology team and keep her scholarship. She's loving and sweet, but is slightly intimidating if you don't know her. She tries to be friendly, but comes across as rude and sarcastic.

History: She has been at this university for about two years and is going into her third year. She is very naturally brilliant and therefore does really well in all her classes...if she tries. Her parents are very rich, and sent her to this school to keep her out of trouble, but she has actually just been getting worse. She goes out and parties and drinks a lot. As a last result, the school sent her on this excavation hoping that being away from the people she normally hangs out with, she would become a more serious student and straighten up. The school does not want to lose her parent's money, but doesn't know what to do with her anymore.

Educations or Skills:
Her degree is in English and Literature, and she is studying Archeology for her history class.

She is very smart and can figure out things. She is also really friendly and outgoing, so she can get information out of any one. She also enjoys riding horses, and is quite skilled. She can use a bow and arrow as well, but is kind of shaky at it. It was a past time of hers when she was little and she would go to archery ranges to practice just to get out of the house.

Loyal or Neutral the the Evil: Neutral

Items or Equipment: She always carries a knife on her somewhere and a shovel. She also always has her cell phone.

Music:
"This kind of love is not a product of reasonings and statics--it just comes-none knows whence-and can't explain itself. And doesn't need to." Mark Twain

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 pm
Tenyo says...

Name: Shiloh

Second Name: Williams

Description/Appearance: He has red fluffy hair (dyed) brown eyes and large round glasses. He likes to wear open shirts with rolled up sleeves, and dresses like that guy who works at the comic book shop.

Personality: Shiloh is very mellow. He talks aloud to himself, mulls on pointless things and can spend ridiculous amounts of time pondering on small details. He's indecisive, and so has no problem with other people shoving him along or making decisions for him.
He likes teachers, people who are artistic, and dislikes numbers. He's overly friendly with strangers, thoroughly enjoys all food (no matter how bland or rancid,) and smells like vanilla and honey. He prefers to sleep on the floor rather than a bed, and with the window open. He has a fascination for old things, which has expanded into the field of archeology. Particularly old arts like pottery.

History: His parents where hippies (hence a name like Shiloh,) his mother left when he was young, leaving him to be raised by his young, blues-playing father, and his transvestite older brother. He was raised in coffee shops and bars, surrounded by artistic influences. He is well nurtured in comic book heroes and types of hot beverages.

Educations or Skills: University level education. He also has a brilliant memory, but is often too engrossed in something pointless to remember important information at the right time.

Loyal or Neutral the the Evil: Neutral.

Items or Equipment: Not much.

Music: Feeder, Child in You
We were born to be amazing.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:39 pm
Elinor says...

Name: Luke

Second Name: Cunningham

Description/Appearance: Luke is about five feet, six inches tall with sandy-brown hair in a neat crew-cut. He has large caramel brown eyes and somewhat of a large nose. His skin is pale, yet flushed, the color of peaches. He has rather thin eyebrows for a guy; that and his eyes make him look about fifteen. His body is well-toned from working out at the gym frequently.

Personality: Luke is somewhat quiet and keeps to himself. He gets frustrated easily and can be a bit of a jerk at times. Despite this, he's very kind and caring, and always tries to see the good in everyone. He gets passionate about things easily, and because of this is always committed.

History: Luke was the only child of a middle class British couple. They lived in an apartment in London. Luke went to school like any other child, and from a very early age started to show an interest in archeology. He always imagined past societies he learned about in school very vividly, and would constantly wonder if he would ever see anything like that. He loved reading about these past societies and how life was different back then. He consistently got As in Social Studies classes, and eventually was able to receive a good scholarship toward a college that would help him on his dream.

Educations or Skills:
Studying for Master's Degree in Historical Archeology

Items or Equipment: A laptop and archeology kit. Also carries a photo album filled with pictures of his friends and family back home.

Music: n/a

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:12 am
Mizzle says...

Sorry, I actually can't join, due to some recent news. D:
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:28 pm
skutter11 says...

I must warn you, I basically make up nerdy people, so I call the nerdy one! }=)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Tom

Second Name: West

Description/Appearance:
Spoiler! :
32220_1503829194594_1200168533_31435329_3434910_n[1].jpg

Personality: Although sometimes distant from people, he is very easy to get along with. Do not get him into a fight about Politics, Lovecraft, education or the class system, because he will stand and shout at you for ages. He is a very kind, well meaning person who would literally do anything for his friends.

History: He grew up in a small town just outside of Sheffield, a city in South Yorkshire. Being from a "poorer" background he decided to turn to History and writing as his way out. From then on, he went through trial after trial at his secondary school, where he got six GCSE's. He went to Barnsley College for three years and went to Uni, aged 18.

Educations or Skills: Six GCSE's, including History, A-Levels in Classics, Modern History, Archeology and Sociology. He is also an avid reader.

Items or Equipment: Archeology textbook, a trowl and a laptop.

Music: Far, Far Away, by Slade
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:03 am
View Likes
eldEr says...

Name: Maria Alveras

Second Name: Rosalita

Description/Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Maria is cheerful and usually very light-hearted. Naturally optimistic, she hates it when people try to bring her down and will go out of her way to avoid negative people. She is, however, a tad shy. She finds it impossible to start a conversation with somebody she doesn't know well, and finds that she blushes a lot around strangers. She isn't exactly a party animal, but she does enjoy going on outings with her friends.
She's always been extremely fascinated with all forms of history, from anicent Rome to the Mayans to old England, she loves it. She's always always had a love of literature. (Especially from old England or folklore)
If Maria has a job to do, she will, by all means get it done. If you interupt her while she's working, she will completely drop her sweet personality and very bluntly tell you to scram. She has always hated being interupted, and will go to great lengths to keep it that way.

History: Maria was born in Mexico to parents who were fairly well-off for the area they lived in. She's had a fascination with history every since anybody could remember. Her father only fueled this interest, as he was a history fanatic and teacher at a high-school himself.
When Maria turned 12, her father was shot and killed by a student who came in drunk to class. She and her mother stayed in their home until Maria's 15th birthday, which is when they moved to Europe.

Educations or Skills: She has multiple degrees in history and has studies English Literature for a long time.
She's very, very good at keeping records and keeping track of what goes on around her.

Items or Equipment: History books, journals, notebooks, a major stash of pens and pencils. She has her father's old journal with her as well, as well as a frienship bracelet from her best friend back in Mexico.

Music: (I'll figure this out later, as I suck at themesongs)
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:01 pm
Light_Devil! says...

Can I claim a spot? :D
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

168 Reviews

Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:08 pm
LastPaladin says...

Light_Devil! wrote:Can I claim a spot? :D

If you can commit and post profile today or tomorrow.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:22 pm
Lumi says...

Villain Profile; progressing slowly.

Name: Damian

Second Name: Nash

Description/Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Victorian or Modern: Victorian

Educations or Skills:

Loyal or Neutral the the Evil: He is the evil, and therefore is loyal to himself.

Items or Equipment:

Music: Sleep - MCR
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy