z

Young Writers Society

I have a question.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:16 am
Passion says...

In love scenes do you get descriptive?
Life is what's left when everything is taken from you.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:24 am
Bleeding Rose says...

You can but you have to rate the peice sepending on how graphic.
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:26 am
Passion says...

okay...thanks
Life is what's left when everything is taken from you.

Reviews: 3
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:27 am
AlexMc says...

I say depends on which audience you're targeting with this specific piece. If you're going to get graphic and there is a chance a child who isn't up to date with the information in there than it is not a good idea. However if you are targeting an older audience, and depending on what genre you go down, I guess more could be better.

Hope my opinion helps you.

Cheers,

Alex

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:42 am
Snoink says...

It depends on who the characters are, really, and how important their love is to the story. I read a bunch of lesbian erotica stories today, just because it was the only book around besides my quantum mechanics book. The book was horribly boring and very tedious. In those stories, there would be a normal conflict and then suddenly there was a lesbian love scene that randomly popped out, described very lavishly, of course. And it was horribly boring. Believe me, after a couple of stories, I opened up my quantum mechanics book again. And I'm usually a diehard procrastinator!

So yeah. It has to make sense in the context of the story. And please, don't make it random. Please?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:08 am
Francis Michael Buck says...

I try to use truly graphic sex scenes sparingly and with caution. Really, though, it depends on the context of the story. For example, if two characters have had building sexual tension for a large part of the book, then when they finally do have a sexual encounter it may be more powerful to describe it with some detail. Personally, I like to focus on the inner, more emotional content of the characters during their sexual experience, as opposed to vivid descriptions of the sexual act in itself.

Besides, I would hope that any audience reading a book with in-depth sexual intercourse probably already has enough imagination to come up with with all the "little details" themselves.

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe