z

Young Writers Society

Do you love to write?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:45 pm
Snoink says...

I was reading Miss Snark today, and I came across this post talking about the word amateur:

https://www2.blogger.com/comment.g?blog ... 4874615892

With that read, I have a question...

Do you genuinely love to write?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:48 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Yes. It's in my blood, and since I'm not a very talkative person and don't have many friends in RL, it serves as a perfect vent. Next to that, when you want to escape reality, nothing is better then a world that you yourself made.
ohmeohmy

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:05 pm
Emerson says...

I certainly love writing. I wouldn't throw my work at PA, though I nearly did but thank goodness I had the smarts to research it a bit before stupid me sent everything off. Children are stupid a lot, aren't we?

I really do think writers deserve amateur, but then what is this? I guess this is our indie film festival. Read that, and a few of the comments (they seemed to just end up talking to each other after a while) makes me want to self publish and send around just for the heck of it in a few years. I'm such a realistic pessimist, I keep no hopes up for publishing. I think I love writing because it's what I've loved for so long.

But I think my mind is too stupid even still: I don't see the relation between the amateur post and, "Do you love writing?" I can be rather thick sometimes though :-D
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:53 pm
Sureal says...

Yes - it's the only thing I'm even remotely good at (yeah, that says a lot about how bad I am at everything else ;)).
I wrote the above just for you.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:08 pm
Via says...

Of course we love to write, why else would we be here? :wink:

English/Language Arts was always my best subject in school, and growing up my childhood was always a little unstable with moving and families and what not--writing was my release, and now it's my passion =]

I'm a little confused on the connection as well, Clau.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:21 am
darchoco says...

writing is a passion. I love it. It expresses who I am. Its that simple
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:10 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Yes, of course I do. The fact that you can create lives, worlds, etc. and give them a purpose really satisfies the hunger I have to control things :P
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:46 pm
Cassandra says...

I love to come up with ideas, and characters. I love the freedom you can have with writing, where what you say goes.

But I honestly don't love the act of writing. Most of the time, I have to force myself to put the words down, and it's not fun. Unless I get caught up in a really good scene (I did this a couple weeks ago, when I actually had time to write), I'm usually not having a ball when I'm at the laptop writing.

But I love to read my work over when I'm done, and being able to say, "Wow, I actually like what I've written!" is pretty great. :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:52 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Yup. Totally and completely in love with the written word, especially when it comes from me.

I can't think of a time when I haven't had a story running around my head or been deeply involved in one project or another. I put my heart and soul into my work and it gives me just as much as I put in.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:17 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Oh, yes I do. I never really thought I would become this serious about it, but i've gotten hooked on it over the past year or so. Because I write mostly fantasy and poetry, it is my escape from the boring everyday world. There's just something about creating a whole new world inside my head and writing about it that I love (fantasy). I can't explain it, but I just can't live without it. It's so liberating to write all of my pent up emotions down on paper and creating something beautiful out of it (poetry).
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:28 am
Prokaryote says...

Nah. Writing is a means unto an end, the end being putting thoughts on paper. I don't like the process very much, really.

Prokaryote

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:14 am
Wiggy says...

Most definitely! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: writing is like breathing. No breathing, no life. No writing, no life. A very simple case of subsitution.

:D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:12 am
Myth says...

I LOVE to write! The only thing I can do without people helping with ideas beforehand. Some of my characters annoy me, but that's all right, they are meant to because they're like real people and talking to them helps me get through the story. I know exactly what to write for them, even if I start talking to myself and people around me think I've gone crazy XD

I don't know what I'd do without writing, maybe take up drawing again...
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:51 am
Sam says...

Planning and editing are the best bits- the actual writing is a pain, mainly because nothing comes out the way you had planned it in your head. It's always too clunky, too wordy, too harsh...but then you go through it again and tear it apart until it's something somewhat readable.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:46 pm
Pushca says...

I love having written. I love having an idea. I remember loving writing, but memory, especially mine, puts some nasty twists in reality.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

Who, being loved, is poor?
— Oscar Wilde